Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about Redknapp and Bielsea. I'm sure the board never took both into consideration. Guardiola won't leave Barcelona anyway.

I believe Hiddink would have a huge part in whos our next manager will be. Or he would be our next manager himself, or he recommended the man ( van Basten, or another dutch coach).

He won the league & won CL....

Maybe he has a thought for an English challenge? :eyebrows:

I don't understand the point of your post. I would prefer Hidink as our manager then Van Basten, but I'll ask you again, who else is available?

Let's see.

Mourinho

Guardiola (hardly going to happen now though)

Villas-Boas

Redknapp (I'd rather see Hidink or Pep then him)

Bielsa (not so sure about him)

Benitez

Van Basten (free, recommended by Guus)

And you know, Ferguson needed 6 years to win something with United and look at him today. Perhaps Van Basten wouldn't turn out to be so bad with Hidink advising him.

That doesn't mean van Basten is the man then. I can name you two equally as good managers as van Basten.

I don't think they will be playing and i believe they won't be dead of old age any time soon. What is many years nowadays? maybe 5. Both can do 5+ imo

Guardiola (hardly going to happen now though)

I totally agree, and I don't think I would want Pep to join either. I hate Barcelona for their cheating as much as the next man does, but the fact of the matter is, I watched Barca tear United apart yesterday night with some of the best football I've seen in a European final! We've seen exciting finals with no goals, and we've seen boring finals with some goals, but last night, we saw a final with sexy football with plenty of goals. It's the kind of football, whether it's Chelsea or not, that I love to see every time I watch it on the television.

As Pep rightly says, he wouldn't find the right mentality, and the players or the same spirit if he managed a different team. Right now, he's still young (40 is relatively young for a managing career), furthermore, he's at a team that plays argueably the best football in the world. Whatever has been built at that club has obviously taken it's time to develop over the course of a few years. If he were to come to Chelsea now, he would have to work from the depths again. If I were him, I'd stay where he is, especially with a club you played for during your playing days.

Hiddink is a much better choice than Pep because at least he has more managing experience and he has already taken us before, and won a trophy. I'm sure if he were to return, he would be welcomed by all the Chelsea players. He is of course already a cult hero in most of the Chelsea faithful, not just the players.

Edited by CJ Revo