Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 5 kinds of player:

- Underrated - somehow they never get the recognition they deserve, maybe because they are overshadowed by the truly greats, or because they play for small teams: Anelka.

:541:

I know that keeping Drogba around as a safety pin against Torres underperforming or being injured sounds like a good idea. In the ideal world, it would be.

But come on, who is going to have the cajones to bench him throughout the season? And ask him to consistently come on as a sub for Torres? Week in, week out, Drogba happily comes on as sub...do you see that happening?

If Chelsea wants to maximize that 50M investment, then the team and system has to change (somewhat to a lot, but it has to be tweaked somewhere) for Torres thrive.

Who is going to do that and bench Drogba in 2011-12?

It would be stupid to keep the same system and expect Torres to replicate his Liverpool form. If the same system is kept, then really, Drogba should just keep the starting job. It's his system, he SHOULD do well. Torres can be subbed or played out of position and then sold in 2012.

This is why I think it's best that Drogba moves on.

I know that keeping Drogba around as a safety pin against Torres underperforming or being injured sounds like a good idea. In the ideal world, it would be.

But come on, who is going to have the cajones to bench him throughout the season? And ask him to consistently come on as a sub for Torres? Week in, week out, Drogba happily comes on as sub...do you see that happening?

If Chelsea wants to maximize that 50M investment, then the team and system has to change (somewhat to a lot, but it has to be tweaked somewhere) for Torres thrive.

Who is going to do that and bench Drogba in 2011-12?

It would be stupid to keep the same system and expect Torres to replicate his Liverpool form. If the same system is kept, then really, Drogba should just keep the starting job. It's his system, he SHOULD do well. Torres can be subbed or played out of position and then sold in 2012.

This is why I think it's best that Drogba moves on.

Having Drogba as a sub is possible only in Fifa or PES lol

agreed.

I have read 3 (poorly translated) Turkish website articles this morning, and they all claim Hiddink will be joining Chelsea after the Belgium game, and also wants to Bring Arda Turan with him.

http://spor.ekolay.n...&HaberID=784758

http://tr.eurosport....948/story.shtml

http://www.kemiksizfutbol.com/haber.php?haber_id=1700

Based on years of Pro (don't TX :lol: )

I LOVE Arda Turan. What a player he turned out to be fore me, a championship winner :champions:

Now to come back to reality: Someone tell me he's as good as that? :unsure:

We should erase from our minds as soon as possible that his price tag is £50m.

We should erase from our minds as soon as possible that his price tag is £50m.

Indeed. Though it's hard when everyone else keeps telling us.

But we as fans have to. Just consider it another expense of the club and hope he'll come good regardless, and if not, then stick him on the bench. I totally agree with you that our team should not be built around an individual, yet that's what I fear will happen.

I'm just going to rep dodojojo whenever he posts here or in the Drogba/Torres topics, considering our views are almost always identical :lol:

We'll get along better if you don't use that pronoun for me -_-

I agree with everything else in your post :yes:

Torres and Rooney are both world class and they can't be overrated. Torres is a great striker, he's already proven in the best league in the world, but for now, with his former team only, unfortunately. You can't ask more from a striker, he's got the speed, power, skills, technique and strength, which is all a striker needs.

Same for Rooney as well. The only thing I don't like about him is his attitude and behaviour. Other than that, he's a top quality footballer, definitely one of the best around at the moment.

Torres is overrated, and Rooney too. Just read this article, and you will understand why I say he is:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/wayne-rooney/8545031/Wayne-Rooney-was-magnificent-despite-Manchester-Uniteds-Champions-League-final-defeat-by-Barcelona.html