Official - AVB confirmed as Chelsea boss

Guest justin_3d

Candidates for the new Chelsea management  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want to see as the new manager?

That is incredibly harsh.

Yes he disappeared during our bad moment but then almost the whole squad went off the boil as well.

The truth is Malouda isn't a great player but he is very capable of being useful to this side as a squad player. The problem is he is a guaranteed starter because our attacking options are just so poor, so even when he is off form he still plays.

In fact he is an average player who had a good 2008/09 season finish, and a really good 09/10 season. Besides that he didn't anything special.

We had Robben in the past, and now people are happy with Malouda...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact he is an average player who had a good 2008/09 season finish, and a really good 09/10 season. Besides that he didn't anything special.

Robben > Malouda.

Shame he was so injury prone.

<br>Henrique, what would you do with the squad as it stands? You seem to dislike quite a few of our players.

Not big changes.

Would sell Kalou, Malouda, Mikel, Bosinsgwa and Ferreira, and I would also consider selling Drogba, to give Torres more confidence. To other hand Torres is an injury prone and might end up as a flop, so Drogba could be an useful squad player, if he accepts that role. I don't know if I would sell him, but I would demand the new manager to not play both together and that Torres must be his first choice until he realizes that the spanish is hopeless.

Have a little perspective. Malouda is better than average. He just isn't a great player which I think is your complaint.

Have a little perspective. Malouda is better than average. He just isn't a great player which I think is your complaint.

There are 5 kinds of player:

- Awful - classless player, with few skills. Doesn't matter if he is important in a tactic role, or hassome good statistics. He is awful. Kalou, Mikel, Carrick, Bendtner.

- Avarage - has some skills, but still has his limitations. Lady inconsistency is his friend. In great games usually don't do anything special: Malouda.

- Great - lots of skills. Strong characters. Helps the team in the hard moments: Messi, Drogba, Lampard, Cech, Ballack, Terry, A. Cole, Tevez, C. Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol.

- Underrated - somehow they never get the recognition they deserve, maybe because they are overshadowed by the truly greats, or because they play for small teams: Anelka.

- Overrated - players who have their skills, but people try to make they look better than they really are: Torres, Rooney.

- Awful - classless player, with few skills. Doesn't matter if he is important in a tactic role, or hassome good statistics. He is awful. Kalou, Mikel, Carrick, Bendtner.

- Avarage - has some skills, but still has his limitations. Lady inconsistency is his friend. In great games usually don't do anything special: Malouda.

- Great - lots of skills. Strong characters. Helps the team in the hard moments: Messi, Drogba, Lampard, Cech, Ballack, Terry, A. Cole, Tevez, C. Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol.

- Underrated - somehow they never get the recognition they deserve, maybe because they are overshadowed by the truly greats, or because they play for small teams: Anelka.

- Overrated - players who have their skills, but people try to make they look better than they really are: Torres, Rooney.

Lampard is underrated outside Chelsea

Torres overrated? he was brilliant in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool - but then injury problems and whatever have caused him not to be the same again, but i still do not agree that he is/was overrated.

Mikel awful? i disagree with this also, he is not great but on his day... hes' one of the top DM's in the league.

Guest justin_3d

Not big changes.

Would sell Kalou, Malouda, Mikel, Bosinsgwa and Ferreira, and I would also consider selling Drogba, to give Torres more confidence. To other hand Torres is an injury prone and might end up as a flop, so Drogba could be an useful squad player, if he accepts that role. I don't know if I would sell him, but I would demand the new manager to not play both together and that Torres must be his first choice until he realizes that the spanish is hopeless.

Good sell list. I agree on all of them except Mikel.

Mikel still young, and can do better. Mikel is far better then Kalou. If we get Neymar and bring Sturridge, we don't need Kalou nor Anelka.

Malouda, i will sell him if he wants to be a starter. With Neymar in the team if we get him, Malouda has to accept a squad role.

Drogba, i don't want to sell. He can be here another 2 years, but agree, as long as he accept the squad role.

Disagreed on Mikel, Malouda, Torres and Rooney.

Mikel is a great defensive midfielder and his passing is very good. He does a fantastic job in our midfield but never gets the recognition he deserves. Underrated imo, but he is definitely not world class.

How come Malouda does nothing special in great games? Have you forgotten the game against Man Utd away at Old Trafford last year? It was the game which won us the title, and Malouda was amazing that day. I've never seen him play better in the blue shirt. For that, Malouda will never leave my mind, he shall always remain special for me.

Torres and Rooney are both world class and they can't be overrated. Torres is a great striker, he's already proven in the best league in the world, but for now, with his former team only, unfortunately. You can't ask more from a striker, he's got the speed, power, skills, technique and strength, which is all a striker needs.

Same for Rooney as well. The only thing I don't like about him is his attitude and behaviour. Other than that, he's a top quality footballer, definitely one of the best around at the moment.

Good sell list. I agree on all of them except Mikel.

Mikel still young, and can do better. Mikel is far better then Kalou. If we get Neymar and bring Sturridge, we don't need Kalou nor Anelka.

Malouda, i will sell him if he wants to be a starter. With Neymar in the team if we get him, Malouda has to accept a squad role.

Drogba, i don't want to sell. He can be here another 2 years, but agree, as long as he accept the squad role.

i would sell Drogba to let him go out on a high on the top of his game instead of letting him fade into relative obsuity in the shadow of Fernando

i would also sell Mikel i like him just like i like every Chelsea player i feel we should see but it is simply because i prefer ramires and i think they are just to similar

add Anelka and Hilario to that list and i feel it works

With the exception of Malouda on form i still think he could be useful

Guest justin_3d

i would sell Drogba to let him go out on a high on the top of his game instead of letting him fade into relative obsuity in the shadow of Fernando

i would also sell Mikel i like him just like i like every Chelsea player i feel we should see but it is simply because i prefer ramires and i think they are just to similar

add Anelka and Hilario to that list and i feel it works

With the exception of Malouda on form i still think he could be useful

Drogba can still provide a lot as a super sub. He would be a better super sub then Kalou was for us.

And Mikel at 23, you want to get rid of?

Dude the first part of the season he was the best. He will improve.

I refuse to sell Mikel!

Agreed on the Anelka and Hilario.

Torres overrated? he was brilliant in his first 2 seasons at Liverpool - but then injury problems and whatever have caused him not to be the same again, but i still do not agree that he is/was overrated.

Mikel awful? i disagree with this also, he is not great but on his day... hes' one of the top DM's in the league.

Not overrated, but too much overrated.

He has hiss skills, but not worth 50m. The fact that we paid too much for him show how he is overrated, and the fact so many people here got excited when he arrived reinforces it.

Not overrated, but too much overrated.

He has hiss skills, but not worth 50m. The fact that we paid too much for him show how he is overrated, and the fact so many people here got excited when he arrived reinforces it.

I agree with that.

And overrated within...

Best Midfielder in the world :P

Will you realize something with Torres finally? He was paid more then he was worth, but that was the ONLY way to get him. We were desperate and out of time, and Liverpool wouldn't accept unless it matched the transfer release clause. Would have Liverpool sold him if we offered 30mil? No, they would've kept him, even against his own will, and promised him to let him leave at the end of season. Simple.