Stamford Bridge Thread

Everything I've read makes our chances of a successful move to Battersea look unlikely; however bids aren't always all they are cracked up to be. There have been so many false starts that a bid from a local bidder (CFC) with a vested interest in the finished site (the stadium) might have a lot more credibility than another straightforward development plan... and nobody would doubt that Abramovich can make it happen if he's willing to get his hand in his pocket!

Everything I've read makes our chances of a successful move to Battersea look unlikely; however bids aren't always all they are cracked up to be. There have been so many false starts that a bid from a local bidder (CFC) with a vested interest in the finished site (the stadium) might have a lot more credibility than another straightforward development plan... and nobody would doubt that Abramovich can make it happen if he's willing to get his hand in his pocket!

Bloody right from a common sense point of view they should just let us buy it and actually do something with the site, the place shut down the year I was born (1983), and has rotted ever since dispute numerous developers attempting to regenerate the area, a stadium with a view from the river would be immense and there is already loads of properties going up around that area mainly by the firm who's flooring work I do Berkley Homes, so in that respect losing a few hundred flats as a trade off for an iconic stadium is worth it, that and we have the funding in place already to build the day after planning consent is given.

Chelsea could get help from Hammersmith and Fulham Council to upgrade Stamford Bridge after their latest attempt to find a site for a new stadium failed.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/chelsea/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/06/08/SOCCER_Chelsea.html

Chelsea could get help from Hammersmith and Fulham Council to upgrade Stamford Bridge after their latest attempt to find a site for a new stadium failed.

http://www.sportingl...ER_Chelsea.html

Like fuck are they gonna help, they have been a bloody pain in everyday imaginable for decades (I'm sure ken bates time here helped them to dislike us further), if they were being genuine then they would have come out with this years ago, and not when it looked like we were going to move.

CPO REPORT INTO SELLING OF SHARES

Fellow shareholders,

Chelsea Pitch Owners director Gray Smith has completed his inquiry into the overselling of shares in the run-up to last year's EGM.

Gray is a Partner at renowned law firm Mischon de Reya and heads up their Funds and Financial Services team.

Here is the report in full:

http://www.chelseafc...2808161,00.html

Any summary of this?

• 2 weeks later...

Neither look any special for me, but I do think it's only a prototype of how we all could imagine how it would look like. I don't want to leave Stamford Bridge but somewhere deep in my heart I do think that's the best thing for the club. I don't think Roman would like to leave Stamford Bridge either tbh.

I'm not going to lie- we want to be one of if not the biggest club in the world at some point with Roman's ambition but those designs look pretty average. I mean it is a nice looking stadium but if you get rid of the power station bricks and chimneys it looks rubbish and just like any other new 4 stand stadium. The shed looks good but that west stand just looks like a slightly bigger version of the east stand at Stamford Bridge. They really could have done better I think if we want to have one of the world's iconic stadiums.

No use dwelling on the Battersea site/stadium. That ship has sailed. We need to look at other sites. Why didn't we get the Battersea site again anyway?

Technically speaking, it hasn't sailed just yet. The preferred bidders (Malaysian property investors) had a period of around 4 weeks to finalise their plans/submit them from the date they were announced as winners of the site. There is a chance that even though they are the preferred investors for the site, their plans may not actually be financially viable. This is unlikely, as they have been investigating the site for a substantial period of time as far as I know, but not impossible.

There was also talk of Chelsea and the Malaysians entering a partnership for the site a week or so ago.