Stamford Bridge Thread

This is how stadium would look... Official website is the source:

0,,10268~10979548,00.jpg

0,,10268~10979549,00.jpg

I like it, though it would look even better if the space between the stands (around the corners) wasn't so big. It would look something like Dortmund's stadium all in blue with awesome chimneys on top but perhaps it's impossible to do due to limitations by the power station itself.

n_arsenal_fc_match_day_1_borussia_dortmund_vs_arsenal-3588381.jpg

I'm still hoping we can hijack the deal and finally sort out our stadium future. BPW is the best bet we have since it's not far away and it would actually look rather unique and iconic.

I like it, though it would look even better if the space between the stands (around the corners) wasn't so big.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Technically speaking, it hasn't sailed just yet. The preferred bidders (Malaysian property investors) had a period of around 4 weeks to finalise their plans/submit them from the date they were announced as winners of the site. There is a chance that even though they are the preferred investors for the site, their plans may not actually be financially viable. This is unlikely, as they have been investigating the site for a substantial period of time as far as I know, but not impossible.

There was also talk of Chelsea and the Malaysians entering a partnership for the site a week or so ago.

Hope that happens. Battersea would be perfect. The Stadium looks fantastic in those new pictures.

reminds me of Ibrox a bit. We could form a partnership with the Malaysians and they could have an underground shopping centre on the site

Wouldn't be very big!! Trying to avoid sewage pipes and the new underground would be a nightmare. Also it's incredibly close to the Thames so can't have it too close to there really.

Also it's incredibly close to the Thames so can't have it too close to there really.

we don't tell them that though. We let them build it, get flooded and keep the stadium having paid only half what it would have to build it ;)

If they are posting sketches of the sire on the official website, there must be something going on behind the scenes...optimism 101

It's also to show to the people owning the BPS that the club has really great plans for it.

I mean, richass European Champions want to buy your land to build one of the most iconic stadiums in the world. You don't throw their offer through the window just like that and accept some Malaysian investors...

Grandiose, Mind blowing images, this will be one of the most iconic stadiums in world football.

if they are posting sketches of the sire on the official website, there must be something going on behind the scenes...optimism 101

Precisely, if there was no hope for the bid the images would have never been released.

That does look awesome, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, the odds of this happening are still next to impossible at this stage.

If the odds were 'impossible', why would they release the images on the official site, thus.. getting the fans exited & hopeful, PR disaster.

If the odds were 'impossible', why would they release the images on the official site, thus.. getting the fans exited & hopeful, PR disaster.

Okay, "Next to impossible" is an exaggeration, but we have been out-bidden, can't see our chances being good at all tbh.