Stamford Bridge Thread

Can you tell us anything more? This is the first I've heard of it.

Quoting Cappriccio above (not able to quote posts) only way I can post anything is to post in ''More Reply Options''

Not really, aprt from its not really democratic -but then again it never is when big business is involved

just want to share this in here, new release :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbf1yAvOoP0&feature=youtu.be

For a whole season, opposing fans will see Chelsea lifting the trophy! and the amazing Drogba goal.

Where ever we go, I hope they keep they use the mock designs of the Battersea Plant (excluding the towering chimney of course).

Just want the 15,000 single tier seating.

Are Olympia / Earls Court still viable? I know they are due for demolition but not sure if the site is available yet.

From Wikipedia:

The owners of Earls Court and Olympia are Capital and Counties. They are presently in discussion with the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to demolish the existing centre and redevelop the area with up to 8000 new flats, retail and possibly a new convention centre. However this is expected to take many years work and the latest date scheduled is June 2013.

From Wikipedia:

The owners of Earls Court and Olympia are Capital and Counties. They are presently in discussion with the boroughs of Hammersmith and Fulham and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to demolish the existing centre and redevelop the area with up to 8000 new flats, retail and possibly a new convention centre. However this is expected to take many years work and the latest date scheduled is June 2013.

Arse!!! I can't think of any viable locations. Anywhere else in Hammersmith?

would be nice if we could have something permanent like that for the 2013/14 maybe screens showing trophy presentation photos or stuff like that

in terms of Earls Court as an option, the company that wants to build on the Earls Court site, http://www.myearlscourt.com/ say that they do not yet have planning permission from LBHF or Kensington and Chelsea borough council. If we could get in there quickly and buy the land off them then we could try to see if we could get planning permission for a new stadium.

earls%20court.jpg

Personally I think that the best way of building a stadium on this site would be to build it on top of and to the left of Earls Court 2. That way we would avoid the London Overground line. It would mean demolishing quite a few houses though. Alternatively it could be on top of Earls Court 1, the houses can be retained but the railway line would be underneath the stadium and probably have to be moved west although this would probably still be cheaper than the plan for Battersea of extending the northern line

Earls court is perfect. Think the underground line might explain why planning permission has not been granted though. Would be very tricky to safely construct on top of it, would probably find a lot of opposition from LU.

Make it do Roman, build a lasting legacy, give us a new home!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've no emotional ties to the Bridge, the ground has changed so much since I was a kid. Gone are the terraces and those crappy wooden / cement benches.

Only tie I have is to the general area, if we move we have to insure its within a 1-2 mile radius, I don't want to be commuting to Crawley for every home game!!

• 4 weeks later...