Stamford Bridge Thread

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but the battersea site is substantially bigger than just the power station.

The likelihood is we would have found a partner if we had been preferred bidders to use up some of the site around the stadium.

This malaysian consortium are buying the land for houses which can be developed around the power station. As certain aspects of the power station must remain intact, this consortium may still be undecided with what to do with that space of the site.

Hence putting these images into the public eye may still give us the opportunity to run with it. The consortium would get money back from selling us the power station site and a football stadium could be a big draw to any new residential and/or commercial areas they build on the remainder of the site.

I seriously don't believe this is dead and buried yet by a long way!

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong but the battersea site is substantially bigger than just the power station.

The likelihood is we would have found a partner if we had been preferred bidders to use up some of the site around the stadium.

This malaysian consortium are buying the land for houses which can be developed around the power station. As certain aspects of the power station must remain intact, this consortium may still be undecided with what to do with that space of the site.

Hence putting these images into the public eye may still give us the opportunity to run with it. The consortium would get money back from selling us the power station site and a football stadium could be a big draw to any new residential and/or commercial areas they build on the remainder of the site.

I seriously don't believe this is dead and buried yet by a long way!

Following on from my previous post, there were reports during the selection process that our proposal was weak and nowhere near what they were looking for.

Now surely the chelsea board will have had a very good idea what would be accepted.

All along this may have been a plan. Perhaps they had no intention of buying the site outright but by bidding and making public declarations they put themselves and their project in the eyes of other bidders.

4051_Battersea.jpg

In regards to the outside, once the surrounding area is redeveloped it 'should' look great.

My word, the exterior aesthetics of the Stadium look amazing. It'll be one of a kind. The re-development of the other aspects of the site look top class as well.

I think superblue is right.

Malaysian developments around the stadium would help Chelsea FC, and the stadium itself would help the developments of the surrounding area, more selection of what they can put there, in terms of housing, malls and other recreation facilities.

That stadium idea is stunning, absolutely unbelievable. Seems they could get another 20,000 seats in the corners if they really pushed it but nah.... i love the look of that. Nothing like anything i've ever seen, so unique.

I really hope they get more seats into the corners. It looks a bit too...disjointed, I guess. Also it's a bit of a drag that the fans will be far away from the pitch. It may detract from the atmosphere a little. All in all though, as I said it looks stunning.