Stamford Bridge Thread

If you look at the first picture, the tier that appears too far away from the pitch is the one-tier kop style stand, the other 3 are actually close to the pitch.

Yes but in the 2nd picture, the stands look far away from the pitch. The 2 pictures are conflicting.

I really hope they get more seats into the corners. It looks a bit too...disjointed, I guess. Also it's a bit of a drag that the fans will be far away from the pitch. It may detract from the atmosphere a little. All in all though, as I said it looks stunning.

How exactly?

Yes but in the 2nd picture, the stands look far away from the pitch. The 2 pictures are conflicting.

That looks to be the case, on the second picture there is a big space between the stands and the ad boards. Yet from the other side there is no space between the one-tier stand and the ad boards.

Remember this is a concept drawing, dinstance from the pitch etcetra would not be an issue if it were to go ahead.

Still it my fingers crossed regarding the consultation period, hoping that a) they pull out due to it being financially unviable or B) offer us the power station and co-develope the site with us, could save them some money (underground station, the power station itself?.

Pains me to say it but we have to leave the Bridge, never going to be able to develope a suitable stadium on that site.

When should we expect to hear more news on this?

After the Malaysian investors have finalised their plans and either submit them/retract their bid, due to be announced 28 days after they were chosen as the preferred bidders (which would be 5th July I believe.)

Obviously if they (the Malaysians) are to go ahead with their purchase, Chelsea would have to work out a deal with them afterwards and convince them on the merit of building a stadium on the site. I see it as unlikely, but it's not impossible.

After the Malaysian investors have finalised their plans and either submit them/retract their bid, due to be announced 28 days after they were chosen as the preferred bidders (which would be 5th July I believe.)

Obviously if they (the Malaysians) are to go ahead with their purchase, Chelsea would have to work out a deal with them afterwards and convince them on the merit of building a stadium on the site. I see it as unlikely, but it's not impossible.

Ok nice one mate.

It's all over guys. The Malaysian investors have purchased the site and have permission to build shops/hotel/offices etc. What a waste.

I know it's all about money, but what a shame that you (the competent authorities) sold a remarkable London site (well, I am not sure if it is "that" remarkable, but at least a well known place) to a foreign investors while you could have sell it to a London-based club which is currently one of the best in the world (-> well representative of the city).