The English Football Thread

Steve

there were not even any long drawn out subs

Shaw was at HT

Martial ran on instantly for Greenwood 2nd half

Wolves only used 2, and both were instant run-ons

and the last Manure sub was AFTER the goal

Match ends, Manchester United 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0.

90'+7'        Second Half ends, Manchester United 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0.
90'+6'        Paul Pogba (Manchester United) wins a free kick on the right wing.
90'+6'        Foul by Maximilian Kilman (Wolverhampton Wanderers).
90'+5'        Substitution, Manchester United. Scott McTominay replaces Bruno Fernandes.
90'+4'        Goal! Manchester United 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0. Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) left footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Bruno Fernandes.

fucking joke yet again

• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

All this title talk before seemed early. But now..dont think win but right direction..

they CAN win the league if they keep getting gifted points like this by ultra corrupt PGMOL

who needs talent or luck when you can do this and get away without even a real VAR review?

6cebf46cb1109d191d255c180a62ee06.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they CAN win the league if they keep getting gifted points like this by ultra corrupt PGMOL

who needs talent or luck when you can do this and get away without even a real VAR review?

6cebf46cb1109d191d255c180a62ee06.jpg

Tbf given our recent record..probably would've missed it.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Tbf given our recent record..probably would've missed it.

lol, true

Jorginho is a fraud with pens now

but I swear, I am hating manure even more than SPUDS atm

so many cunts and the absolute corrupt boost and aid and thus points they are getting

it is ruining the integrity of football

2 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

All this title talk before seemed early. But now..dont think win but right direction..

Here's the thing though - we aren't the finished article right now and it would be asking a lot for us to win it this season, BUT is it asking a lot for us mount a title challenge at the very least? Given how the season is panning out, I don't think it is over the top to maybe expect that.

I was all for Lampard managing expectations when the title talk happened weeks ago but looking back at some of the comments, he didn't even think we could at least give the challenge a go, never mind winning it. Then when the bad results came, he went all "I told you so" and there was plenty of self-fulfilling prophecy going on. 

We had a similar rebuilding of the squad 7-8 years ago and in Mourinho's first season back then, he knew that we didn't have quite enough to win it but he still made sure we gave the title challenge a good go. We finished that 2013/14 season just 4 points behind Man City and we could have even won it had maybe one or two things gone our way. But now? It's like Lampard is not even trying to embrace the challenge, try to set the challenge for the players to achieve. We might not win it but at least set the challenge for the players to test and challenge themselves, give them the confidence and motivation. Plus, they also need the experience to be involved in a title race. Instead, it feels like we have missed an opportunity and are now scraping to finish in the Top 4...again. 

45 minutes ago, milka said:

these shit Wolves have only   one win in 6 games OF COURSE vs Chelsea .

Some teams  playing only  against Chelsea .

fucking brutal holidays so far, grrr

I am just in a lather over that Manure game and obviously over our ongoing collapse

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here's the thing though - we aren't the finished article right now and it would be asking a lot for us to win it this season, BUT is it asking a lot for us mount a title challenge at the very least? Given how the season is panning out, I don't think it is over the top to maybe expect that.

I was all for Lampard managing expectations when the title talk happened weeks ago but looking back at some of the comments, he didn't even think we could at least give the challenge a go, never mind winning it. Then when the bad results came, he went all "I told you so" and there was plenty of self-fulfilling prophecy going on. 

We had a similar rebuilding of the squad 7-8 years ago and in Mourinho's first season back then, he knew that we didn't have quite enough to win it but he still made sure we gave the title challenge a good go. We finished that 2013/14 season just 4 points behind Man City and we could have even won it had maybe one or two things gone our way. But now? It's like Lampard is not even trying to embrace the challenge, try to set the challenge for the players to achieve. We might not win it but at least set the challenge for the players to test and challenge themselves, give them the confidence and motivation. Plus, they also need the experience to be involved in a title race. Instead, it feels like we have missed an opportunity and are now scraping to finish in the Top 4...again. 

yep, the 'little horse' season

we gave it a real go

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I meant Man U. Talked about title..oh hahah. Now they're 2nd..might not stay but..not bad.

We are wayyyy off.

But I thought for us we'd be top 4. But close and comfy. Not weeee on the slide again. Obviously things may change cause its so close still even with us dropping points but I dont think we'll be top 2..or 3...

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

A 95th winner, where did those mins come from exactly? AV wasted about 90sec of injury time vs us the other day I didnt see the ref give us those 90sec's back.

and it ended up with SEVEN minutes added on, lolol

it is madness, corrupt madness

at most there should have been 3 minutes added on, meaning no Manure game-winning goal

another theft of points (and a gift to them) by PGMOL

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and it ended up with SEVEN minutes added on, lolol

it is madness, corrupt madness

at most there should have been 3 minutes added on, meaning no Manure game-winning goal

another theft of points (and a gift to them) by PGMOL

Exactly Vesper, its way beyond obvious now. They should be nowhere near 2nd, no matter whom you talk to they cant fathom how udt is 2nd, its not on merit.

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

For all his moaning Jose aint wrong with his insta post..they could've decided this ages ago. And this was posted before decision was made.

Like the government though, they are about to announce what's happening with schools with only one full working day left of the xmas break.

Absolutely no organisation what so ever.