The English Football Thread

Steve

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Arsenal without a PL win since Oct 6 and their next 6 games...

West Ham (a)
Man City (h)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Chelsea (h)
Man United (h)

I'd be surprised if they grab one win. 

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

For all the stick Marina cops (often rightfully) she'd look like someone who would revisionize the game stood next to Ed Woodward and whoever the hell runs Arsenal.

United will probably get back up there at some point as they will throw mud till something sticks by hook or by crook but Arsenal look like they're going the same route as Milan.

You look at that Arse squad and with the exception of their central midfield, that is easily a top 4 side. If they replaced the average set of Xhaka, Torreira, and whoever else they have in there with proper players they'd be good. Would help massively going forward and more importantly defending.

That + a coach who has a clue (like Poch or Allegri). Also saw Carlo's name mentioned. I'd hate to see either of Poch or Carlo go there. They would actually get them back up there I think. Allegri I'm not scared of. Think he could do an Emery.

You look at that Arse squad and with the exception of their central midfield, that is easily a top 4 side. If they replaced the average set of Xhaka, Torreira, and whoever else they have in there with proper players they'd be good. Would help massively going forward and more importantly defending.
That + a coach who has a clue (like Poch or Allegri). Also saw Carlo's name mentioned. I'd hate to see either of Poch or Carlo go there. They would actually get them back up there I think. Allegri I'm not scared of. Think he could do an Emery.

How could you be forgetting their CB's?

Arguably worse than the nine sides ahead of them and maybe more.

Few years ago I remember when Bellerin was talked about being the best RB in the league and Barca were interested in him and the thought was Barca would eventually get him. Whether it is down to injuries or his obsession into fashion, he is plain average. Defensively awful and physically weak. Struggles defensively against any winger with pace/power. Just a pace merchant and even know his pace has declined too.

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Lol

Their centrebacks are pure SHIT. Every single one of them. Luiz has been a joke (we all knew this anyway, I was just pissed we didn't wrench out at least £15m for him, as he had just renewed and Arse were utterly desperate, but good to just have him off the team anyway)

Saliba is on loan for the year, and may help sort them next season, but he is only 18 and will have a steep learning curve.

Tierney and Bellerin are good fullbacks, but if either go down again, they have only utter dregs to replace them with.

Özil at AMF packed it in years ago, and he is basically all they have there. Willock can slide over there, but himself was a teen just 4 or 5 months ago, and is hardly setting the league on fire.

Also, Pepe has been a massive bust at winger. Other than him, they only other wingers they have are a couple teenagers (Saka and Nelson) who may come good someday, but at not anywhere near good enough now.

They are so so not a top 4 squad atm. Miles away.

21 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Over the course of my lifetime, I have never seen a CB playing for a top club, be so prone to ball watching as David Luiz. 

Might as well not be there. 

he drove me insane here

I was so so disappointed when we brought him back

and then again when we told PSG in 2018 to go pound sand again (when we could have gotten Kehrer for only 6 or 8 million quid more than PSG was offering for Luiz, and then, of course, PSG went and bought Kehrer, ffs)

people get mesmerised with his once every 5 or ten games crazy passes, but he lets in FAR more goals than he creates

I think the massive, 8 to 10 year or so  long wave paradigm change with our club is how much our DEFENSIVE expectations have fallen

we, Manure, (who have fallen down too), Juventus, and Bayern were the 4 best defensive lock down clubs on the planet for ages

David Luiz is stealing a living, he's fucking chronic.

As for Arsenal, did they actually think that bringing in Ljunberg was going to solve everything? Not chance, scatter gun transfer policy, half empty stadium every other week and zero direction.

Shambles of a club