The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Jason said:
CAN SOMEONE JUST BEAT LEICESTER?! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! 

Might happen when they play a notable side. Last defeat was against that Utd side, so..

They last lost to Liverpool in early October, which was also the last time they dropped points. Both of their losses have been via penalties. Their next 3 league games...

Watford (h)
Villa (a)
Norwich (h)

I mean...never mind. :rant:

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Leicester deserved the win

they were the better team

they are probably a better team than us for NOW (IF they stay healthy)

I do NOT rate any other team above us (save for the dippers and Shitty)

Mou or no Mou, we simply must finish above Spuds again

and absolutely there is ZERO chance I rate Manure or Arse above us (regardless of who will be their new managers)

(OGS soon will be sacked, it basically has to happen)

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Leicester deserved the win

they were the better team

they are probably a better team than us for NOW (IF they stay healthy)

I do NOT rate any other team above us (save for the dippers and Shitty)

Mou or no Mou, we simply must finish above Spuds again

and absolutely there is ZERO chance I rate Manure or Arse above us (regardless of who will be their new managers)

(OGS soon will be sacked, it basically has to happen)

When is the ban hearing next week? We urgently need another striker and only chance to get Werner and Sancho before other teams enter a bidding war in the summer.

They last lost to Liverpool in early October, which was also the last time they dropped points. Both of their losses have been via penalties. Their next 3 league games...
Watford (h)
Villa (a)
Norwich (h)

I mean...never mind. :rant:
I should have mentioned against the rest. Liverpool are a class above IMO.

I wouldn't say anything is a given tbh. Watford might bounce back after recent developments as well

Manchester United have been dealt a major body blow after Express Sport has learnt Mauricio Pochettino would have to repay Tottenham his £12.5million pay-off if he takes another Premier League job this season

The Red Devils are desperate to sign Red Bull Salzburg striker Erling Haaland

United chief executive Ed Woodward has made a final decision over Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s future

The Red Devils have been tipped to sign Robert Lewandowski in the January window  <<<<< LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Haaland update

Manchester United are keen to sign Red Bull Salzburg striker Erling Haaland in the January transfer window but much could depend on what happens with Paul Pogba.

Mino Raiola represents both players and for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to sign Haaland he may end up having to sell Pogba.

Solskjaer is determined to land Haaland but Raiola could play a key role in forcing the sale of Pogba to allow the transfer for the starlet to go through.

At the moment, the super-agent is believed to want the teenager to join Serie A giants Juventus.

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Stats alone aren't the only marker. If anything, trophies should be king unless Messi is getting Muller-esque stats.

VvD reached two finals, winning one.

So team based accomplishments have more bearing on an award that specifically honors the best individual performer. 

That makes complete sense.  

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he failed at the big trophies

and he plays in a pinball league with horrific defences

if he played in the EPL for his career he would have well over 100 less league goals

part of the reason the Spanish teams go so deep all the time in the CL is that they can coast in the league except when they play each other, put them in the EPL and have the snot beaten out of them every week and it would take a toll

and he is a World Cup choker ( a national team choker in general) ZERO Sr trophies

I don't like Messi (although he did deserve some of his Ballons d'Or)

he can never be rated the best player ever IMHO unless he somehow wins the WC in December 2022, plus he doesn't even have a far easier to win Copa America trophy, at least CR7 took a truly shit Portuguese team to a Euro trophy

I wouldn't call winning the league as failure. But again, that is aside the point. 

If the Spanish league is so horrific defensively, why isn't there any striker, or player for that matter, that comes close to Messi's output? Surely in a league that is so bad defensively, there would be many strikers producing high numbers? 

If Messi played for City he would have more goals than this current Barca side actually. He actually has more goals against the top 6 in England than any other player...and he doesn't even play in the Premier League. 

Spanish sides do well in Europe because they are simply better. Not to mention a little thing called European pedigree. 

Messi took an underperforming Argentina side to three consecutive finals. A side filled with underperformers and blatant AFA corruption. Mad that the difference in Ronaldo and Messi isn't about individual quality, it's Eder...

That last sentence I will never take seriously. So Maldini can't ever be considered the best defender because he never won the WC? Ronaldo can't be considered the best striker because he never won the Champions League? Let's forget all about their individual quality as players, because what truly matters is team based accomplishments. Such a groundless argument. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

If the Spanish league is so horrific defensively, why isn't there any striker, or player for that matter, that comes close to Messi's output? Surely in a league that is so bad defensively, there would be many strikers producing high numbers? 

If Messi played for City he would have more goals than this current Barca side actually. He actually has more goals against the top 6 in England than any other player...and he doesn't even play in the Premier League. 

That last sentence I will never take seriously. So Maldini can't ever be considered the best defender because he never won the WC? Ronaldo can't be considered the best striker because he never won the Champions League? Let's forget all about their individual quality as players, because what truly matters is team based accomplishments. Such a groundless argument. 

so disagree on most all

CR7, Neymar  Suarez (59 goals in a year) and a shedload of mediocre players who score for fun their in bitch-ass La Liga and flop elsewhere

no way would Messi score more if he had been at Shitty instead of Barca

nope, he can never be rated the best ever with no WC, sorry, but that is the way it goes

life's a bitch

Pele or Maradona

flip a coin

I wouldn't call winning the league as failure. But again, that is aside the point. 
Spanish sides do well in Europe because they are simply better. Not to mention a little thing called European pedigree. 
Messi took an underperforming Argentina side to three consecutive finals. A side filled with underperformers and blatant AFA corruption. Mad that the difference in Ronaldo and Messi isn't about individual quality, it's Eder...

100% agree. Messi ist the best ever. I also do not get the people that criticise Messi for not winning the WC, which is a very stupid argument to begin with. Messi was the only reason why Argentina was in the final. If it wasn't for Messi, they would not even survived group Phase.
But you can't expect from Messi haters to see the bigger picture. They just hate him.
If Messi was chinese, they would say the same thing that Messi needs to win WC to be the goat with China...

Messi will be one of the only few players that I will tell my future kids about.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That's hardly true, we have got big time rub of the green to have our CL campaign still in our hands.

Beside that Ajax game I cant think of one..... my point is many many teams in epl have higher luck than us. Margins go against us very very often at crucial stages imo.

JM will likely end Ole this coming week and you can bet a far better manager will take his place.

36 minutes ago, Nicco said:

When is the ban hearing next week? We urgently need another striker and only chance to get Werner and Sancho before other teams enter a bidding war in the summer.

the hearing was November 20th

we will get a decision sometime in the next 30 days (before January)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

so disagree on most all

CR7, Neymar  Suarez (59 goals in a year) and a shedload of mediocre players who score for fun their in bitch-ass La Liga and flop elsewhere

no way would Messi score more if he had been at Shitty instead of Barca

nope, he can never be rated the best ever with no WC, sorry, but that is the way it goes

life's a bitch

Pele or Maradona

flip a coin

You definitely have a chip on your shoulder over Messi based on your comments to support your argument. 

1. You listed off three players who are arguably the best in the world in their positions. One of which will go down as one of the greatest of all time. You conveniently didn't list off those 'mediocre players' who scored for fun in a defensively poor Spanish league. Who are these mediocre players that match Messi's output then? Why did you ignore the fact Messi has more goals against the Top 6 than any player in the Premier League, even though he doesn't play in the Premier League?

2. Sterling's numbers are quite literally insane under Pep with City. You are kidding yourself if you think Messi playing with City and their free flowing football, won't produce greater numbers vs being the only influence in Valverde's dull Barca side. 

3. Entitled to your opinion. A very flawed and contradictory one, but your opinion nonetheless. (Gerard Pique > Paolo Maldini)