Wayne Rooney

J.F.

"He's played deeper this season" is no argument imo. It's not like he'll forget how to play as striker. Different club, different roles

He learned how to play deep, why can't he relearn how to play high up?

I'm not saying he couldn't. I'm saying his instincts are now to play that role, because he's done it for 9 years at United & for England. It doesn't mean he's forgotten how to be a striker, but we're going to see from him what we used to see from Anelka. We'd see him in the midfield and shout 'why aren't you in the box?!'

To be fair, he's a lot like Michu. He's not supposed to be an outright centre-forward but he's capable of playing the role. I'm just saying that if we want the proper Wayne Rooney then we have to buy another striker and play Rooney with freedom behind that number 9.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything we should be weary of his attitude rather than his footballing ability. He's consistently been in the top 5 in the Premiership for the past few years which in my mind makes him the best player because other top players have come and gone yet Rooney has remained a constant.

Sky Sources: Wayne Rooney has told Manchester United he wants to leave the club this summer - but United have said he's not for sale #SSN

Just saw this. Sorry if it has been posted. This makes me wonder. If he wants to leave, either they are gonna sign another AMC or another ST. Either Fellaini or Lewandowski. And because we may beat them to the polish, I think it's gonna be Marouane.

It's not his attitude though, if anything it's his temperament. Rooney is a 100%er on the field, he's very similar to Luiz in a sense, his will to win is massive and from this perspective he will be any asset, as well as his football brain, skill set and also ability alone.

Sky Sources: Wayne Rooney has told Manchester United he wants to leave the club this summer - but United have said he's not for sale #SSN

Just saw this. Sorry if it has been posted. This makes me wonder. If he wants to leave, either they are gonna sign another AMC or another ST. Either Fellaini or Lewandowski. And because we may beat them to the polish, I think it's gonna be Marouane.

not really a like for like replacement but maybe.

It's not his attitude though, if anything it's his temperament. Rooney is a 100%er on the field, he's very similar to Luiz in a sense, his will to win is massive and from this perspective he will be any asset, as well as his football brain, skill set and also ability alone.

You're right that he's got that will to win and he's a big game player in my opinion. He could have the same impact on the team that Drogba did, and he also contributed to Ronaldo's success at United both in terms of what he did in match situations but also simply by taking a slightly different role where he wasn't the focus of the team.

What he has over someone like Falcao is that I think he'll make people like Hazard better.

Daily Mail says that Bayern Munich never wanted to sign Rooney and that leaves the way clear for Chelsea to move in and offer him a fresh start.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2322689/Wayne-Rooney-wanted-Bayern-Munich.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

So a player is no longer good enough to start for our toughest opponent. So, we are going to get him to start for us which will enable us to beat them... defies logic.

how many players have we deemed surplus to requirements only to come back to haunt us? Plus united are insisting they do not want to sell, rooney is instigating this so hardly fair to say they deem him not good enough

Guys our team doesnt have many world media known players nowdays. I doubt people in india or china realy know about Hazard or Azpi. Torres is joke, Lamps, Terry are getting old. Having star like Rooney will boost our recognition in several countries.

I am also talking about neutral people. Like the ones who dont watch football much. If I ask someone who isnt in football much; who is Hazard? He will say he doesnt know. If I ask him who is Rooney? He would say oh that Shrek, he is good though.

See the point?

You are right about the neutral people who don't watch football regularly don't know who is Hazard, but that won't be the case only occurs in China or India, the rest of the world is the same. The reason is simple, Belgium was not a top team in the world and lacks of exposure in the big stages like World Cup and UEFA Euro, non-regular football observer tend to only watch this type of games. In the up-coming events, I'm sure Belgium will become a force to be reckoned with and more and more people will discover there's a gem named Hazard.

In terms of football fans or should I say regular football observer, the amount of people who knows Hazard in China is probably larger than the whole Europe combined. You will be amazed by how informative Chinese football fans are.

People are you serious when you ask/say that Rooney cant play leading striker? Wtf? He was doing that whole career, just because he can play other positions is only plus for us. In biggest games he would be our main striker, in smaller ones he could play #10 with Ba striker so that Mata can get rest. Rooney's crossing and long/short passing is as good as his shooting. He is also most hard working striker around. That will replace lack of Mata's defensive contribution. And he also became less agressive. People now say that he lost energy just because he doesnt want to get booked every game ffs.

As someone above said, Rooney makes team mates playing better. I doubt that Falcao will make Hazard better player.

Stan Collymore reports that the Rooney announcement will be announced shortly. On a separate note; He seems confident Pellegrini will be at City next season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You