Can we do it?

Can Chelsea still win the Premier League?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Where will Chelsea finish this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th

If Arsenal go out of the FA Cup this weekend they will be in utter meltdown. They have to play Liverpool and United at the Emirates, and also have to go to White Hart Lane... that potentially could see them record three loses, or at least drop points in two of those games.

Aren't Utd already in meltdown? 3 losses in their last 5 games suggest they are feeling the pace a little, their midfield looks to be creaking & Vidic is such a key player for them that if he gets injured or banned again then I can see them dropping more points.

We finally have a bit of momentum behind us, confidence is starting to show, one game at a time & who knows?!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In football everything is possible,if we can cut the lead to six it is more than possible.I am not going to say we are going to win it but we are back in the title race and no one will admit it so we play under no pressure.

COYB!

Aren't Utd already in meltdown? 3 losses in their last 5 games suggest they are feeling the pace a little, their midfield looks to be creaking & Vidic is such a key player for them that if he gets injured or banned again then I can see them dropping more points.

We finally have a bit of momentum behind us, confidence is starting to show, one game at a time & who knows?!

:goodpost:

In football everything is possible,if we can cut the lead to six it is more than possible.I am not going to say we are going to win it but we are back in the title race and no one will admit it so we play under no pressure.

COYB!

We went from being 5 points clear to 9 behind in two months... that can happen to United!

All spot on.

If the roles were reversed right now and we were top and started to look shaky the press would be all over us saying how Manu can catch us up,and the title race isn't over,Man u always come good around easter time blah , blah,etc etc.

If we were in Man u's position right now I would definately be looking nervously over my shoulder.

To retain our PL title, we will need to win all our remaining fixtures which is a big ask, but doable. I think our stumbling blocks could well be against Man City, and Tottenham at home and United Away. I'm not saying that we can't win these games, but I think they could be tricky especially against Man City and it really depends on which Chelsea team will turn up. Then we have to hope that our main rivals will have a string of bad results.

On the other hand we are still in the CL and I feel if we get through to the Quarter finals and beyond that we may then channel all our efforts into winning the CL trophy. If we do make it through to the quarters and say for arguments sake we get through to the semis, and perhaps the final, do we still qualify for the CL next season or is that only determined by what position we finish in the PL?

If we do make it through to the quarters and say for arguments sake we get through to the semis, and perhaps the final, do we still qualify for the CL next season or is that only determined by what position we finish in the PL?

Yep. PL top 4 finish only.

However IF for example Rottenham (or any team for that matter) were to win the CL but finished outside the top 4,they would get into the CL at the expense of the 4th place PL team.

Top 2 PL teams qualify outright and go straight into the last 32 group stages,3rd and 4th have to play qualifiers.

And I think 4th place is getting harder because they may have to face a decent Italian or Spanish team,ideally 1st or 2nd in the league would be nice.

So basically only 4 English teams are allowed into the competition,except for the year Luckypool fluked it. But they are a special exception because of the style in which they won it and their great history etc. etc.ZZZZzzzzzzz

All we can do is take each game as it comes, we are lucky that we have a strong squad again now with good options on the bench. We are massively dependant on other teams results but of course it could happen. 3rd has to be a minimum for us now and hope for something better but it will be a big big ask.

Yep. PL top 4 finish only.

However IF for example Rottenham (or any team for that matter) were to win the CL but finished outside the top 4,they would get into the CL at the expense of the 4th place PL team.

Top 2 PL teams qualify outright and go straight into the last 32 group stages,3rd and 4th have to play qualifiers.

And I think 4th place is getting harder because they may have to face a decent Italian or Spanish team,ideally 1st or 2nd in the league would be nice.

So basically only 4 English teams are allowed into the competition,except for the year Luckypool fluked it. But they are a special exception because of the style in which they won it and their great history etc. etc.ZZZZzzzzzzz

You are right about Champions, they need to defend their trophy so they qualify at the expense of the 4th team. But you are wrong about third placed team.Third placed team qualifies automatically, only fourth has to play qualifiers.

You are right about Champions, they need to defend their trophy so they qualify at the expense of the 4th team. But you are wrong about third placed team.Third placed team qualifies automatically, only fourth has to play qualifiers.

It's just changed hasn't it,I remember now.

Top 3 automatic however at the expense of the 4th place team possibly facing much tougher opposition.

We're gonna get top 2 anyway,so it doesn't concern us,or win the CL.

All we can do is take each game as it comes, we are lucky that we have a strong squad again now with good options on the bench. We are massively dependant on other teams results but of course it could happen. 3rd has to be a minimum for us now and hope for something better but it will be a big big ask.

I agree with this post. Even Carlo is writing off our chances of winning the title. All we need to do is battle for 3rd place, and if there's a chance to win the league title, then take it!

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal are falling apart, and United aren't too far behind at the moment, But we are getting better and better as the season goes on. We were poor from October to January, But nothing is given out then. The wins against City and United are huge confident boosts, and if we continue the way we are we can win the league. 6 points behind and still have to go to Old Trafford, If Ramires, Essien, Luiz, Terry, Torres and Kalou play like they did yesterday, We can honestly win the Premiership and Champions League.

Thoughts?