Can we do it?

Can Chelsea still win the Premier League?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Where will Chelsea finish this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I voted No and third. Couple of weeks back we were talking about how nice it'd be if we did some damage limitation and finish in fourth. Now mathematically third place is ours to lose and we get more hungry as we 'eat'. If we manage to get the gap with United to 3 before we play them at OT, I'd say we can do it. Otherwise I think its still a bit too far fetched. Hope dies last, anythings possible, the gap just was 15 points, now its 9 with game in hand.

At this point I voted No and third. Couple of weeks back we were talking about how nice it'd be if we did some damage limitation and finish in fourth. Now mathematically third place is ours to lose and we get more hungry as we 'eat'. If we manage to get the gap with United to 3 before we play them at OT, I'd say we can do it. Otherwise I think its still a bit too far fetched. Hope dies last, anythings possible, the gap just was 15 points, now its 9 with game in hand.

If we beat Liverpool and Fulham we could have been sitting here laughing, 4 points behind and 1 game in hand fainthv9.gif

All ifs, buts and maybes though....

They do your head in!! Espically when you think back to games like Villa and Spurs.At the time kinda okay we drew..now ahhhhh!!!!!

Nah think to many chances and we've blown them.We have a tough run of games as well and cant see us not dropping points

Happy for second :D if not third...heck 4th long as we qualify!

A week ago we were 15 points behind, now It's 9 with a game in hand (Birmingham at home) that could take it to 6. Utd have the experience but have hardly looked anything but Champion material, Arse look more of threat to me with their slightly easier run in & they are in better form than the Manc's. One thing for sure is that they will both drop points, the problem for us is that we need both to drop 6 or more & whilst one of them may, I can't quite see them both doing it, this is on top of the fact that we need to win every game to nick it.

That said, we have 6 games left at home, a better squad with the introduction of Luiz & Torres, although still think it was a mistake letting Sturridge & Kakuta go out on loan, Alex is returning imminently & vitally we have the experience to win it but most of the players must improve their form.

The optimist in me says yes, the realist in me says no but I think its definitely possible & who would of thought that a week ago......................

Nah. 2nd or 3rd. There's no difference between the two spots really, apart from maybe a couple of million from UEFA/FA for final table position.

I think you only get an extra 1/2 mil for each place higher up,not a lot really.

Massive difference between 2nd and 3rd though in terms of automiatic qualification for the CL.

If Arsenal go out of the FA Cup this weekend they will be in utter meltdown. They have to play Liverpool and United at the Emirates, and also have to go to White Hart Lane... that potentially could see them record three loses, or at least drop points in two of those games.