Can we do it?

Can Chelsea still win the Premier League?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!
    • No!
  2. 2. Where will Chelsea finish this season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The international break really couldn't have come at a worse time. Our squad was coping really well with preparing themselves and playing one game a week.

Plus we had momentum going into every game on the back of a decent result....I'm just hoping no one gets injured this weekend, espcially if Israel play Yossi......he is hugely important to Torres scoring any goals...

I think it's definately doable but taking it game by game. Glad we grabbed the 3rd spot for now with a game in hand. Now we should just concentrate on game at a time and see where that leads us because United have to play us and Arsenal(which means one of them if not both drop points) and if we get scores going our way, the gap is trimmed to minimum like butter on a warm summer's day.

Keep the faith bcs if we don't, who will? :)

I think it's definately doable but taking it game by game. Glad we grabbed the 3rd spot for now with a game in hand. Now we should just concentrate on game at a time and see where that leads us because United have to play us and Arsenal(which means one of them if not both drop points) and if we get scores going our way, the gap is trimmed to minimum like butter on a warm summer's day.

Keep the faith bcs if we don't, who will? :)

Lets just cement 4th place first and then we can all look forward. The good thing is that the players are all fit and we are running into some nice form. If Carlo can get the team selection balance right (when to introduce Yossi and Alex), we have a good chance in both competitions. Don't wanna sound pessimistic here but not having Luiz avaiable in CL severely hampers our chances.

Arse is most probably going to drop points here ( Blackpool, Tottenham and Bolton) by drawing. assuming they win all their remaining games, and we win all our games, we will be 2 points above them.

If Yunited loose to Arse and Us, we should be level on points. Its all gonna be a matter of Goal differences unless West Ham do us a favour on April 2(of which I am confident. the way they played against Spurs was good. Please Grant!)

All is not lost, but one thing I am sure of, only one team can finish above Us.

if bolton did hold dem last week den i would have said yes but now.......................no as i think luck favors dem............as to see dem winning wid 10 men.........

Its almost impossible for any team to win at the Theatre of Shyt. I am counting on their away games, of which they have dropped points in almost all their away games this season.

i don't think the EPL decider will be MUTD. VS CHLS . .....

i think april will be the month where UCL and EPL is decided , the most vital games in the EPL are those within between our fixtures in the UCL against MUTD , i am 100 % sure that MUTD will drop at least 4 points before our clash with them in the league . and if the point difference before our clash is 2 points , i am quite sure we can win .

but the question is , Can we win all of our remaining 9 games in the EPL , keeping in mind that hopefully we will have a UCL distraction ?? i don't think so

if we are to have a chance in the EPL , then it will be because we were kicked out of the UCL , and i don't prefer that option .

yes,,,we can..just need to bang some goals..i think goal difference will be the deciding factor..:cfc:

Bloody better not be! I'd cry so much if we lose the league on goal diff espically seeing as we had a huge one a while back

Our fixtures got some quite horrible ones,Wigan,.West Ham,WBA,B'Ham...teams that will be in desperate needs of points and all...and Spurs and all

If we finished 2nd though be bloody happy with that seeing as only a couple of months ago a top 4 finish looked unlikely.Mean nothing set in stone we could always go mental and go on a bad run again but hopfully got that out the system up up up and all

As much as I'd like to think we can, I just don't see it.. I don't see United slipping up to the extent that will grant us the title (I know we still have to play them). It's an ideal dream though, especially to clinch it from under their noses.

The Champions League will be a huge distraction too. We've got a difficult fixture vs United, they'll make it a hard & long battle and it will test the mental & physical strength of this squad. Imo, all efforts should be on the Champions League now.

2nd place and Champions League semi finalists. Which won't be bad at all considering the doom and gloom bollocks we all sifted through two months ago.

Agreed however I think I'd have traded 2nd place for 3rd and the FA Cup even back then.

International breaks always come at the worst time for us, lets hope the players don't get any silly injuries as this always seems to happen to us. Hopefully the momentum can be continued after the break. I can only see us getting stronger as the season goes on.

I don't get why people think its mission impossible? There's no doubt we have a decent shot at it. We're currently 9 points back. If we win our game in hand its down to 6 and if we beat them at OT then its down to 3 without considering anything else that Arse and manure do. Now considering they play eachother there will be at min 1 team dropping points in that game (hopefully both). They each have some tricky fixture and to be honest I don't even think we need to win out to take the title. ASSUMING we beat ManU (big assumption) then the league becomes tight tight tight and any of the 3 can win.

On a percentage basis I think currently we're at about 25% to win the title. BUT if we win at OT then honestly I think we go up to 65-70% to win it all. BELIEVE!!!!!!

Because the thread says can we do it and not will we do it :D

Can we = yes

Will we = I really don't know now. If Man Utd knock us out the UCL, we'll beat them in the league. If we knock Man Utd out the UCL, Man Utd will beat us and go on to win the league. Just a feeling.