Fulham 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and he had to do that under enormous pressure because of that stupid decision to book him in the 30th second by Mariner. It's a testament to his abilities as a DM

Very true! Had he not got booked then, I think he would have looked a lot more solid in the Liverpool game!

Is there any rivalry against fulham ?

They're like our kid brother aren't they?

Need a different Chelsea to turn up to the one that turned up yesterday most definitely. My friend who's a Fulham supporter reckons that Torres will score.

I've got a feeling Torres will score his first one for Chelsea when given a proper chance.

I have a negative feeling actually, that he will fail to find the net again, and then the medias will soon start to focus on him and put pressure just like they did with Shevchenko.

I have a negative feeling actually, that he will fail to find the net again, and then the medias will soon start to focus on him and put pressure just like they did with Shevchenko.

I hope not, like today most papers were saying how we wasted £50 million but he has only played one game..it doesnt make sense. On the other hand when an English player like Rooney plays bad they say hes injured, not on form etc.

I hope not, like today most papers were saying how we wasted £50 million but he has only played one game..it doesnt make sense. On the other hand when an English player like Rooney plays bad they say hes injured, not on form etc.

You guys are the English experts so I'll ask why does that happen? Shrek has 20 apps and 5 goals this season. Until this week he only had 3 goals and I think 2 were pks. Why is he given a pass? If that was Torres he'd be flogged by the media, psychoanalyzed by every two-bit pundit out there.... oh nvm, that's already happened. If a player is stinking they're stinking. I don't get why one gets a pass and another the firing squad. Is it because Torres is prettier than Shrek? Maybe there's a hidden jealousy of Torres use of hair products.

The media is currently in a Kenny love-fest so until they lose again it'll be a Torres is a flop, Kenny is a genius spin. I have to laugh because if Rafa had sent a team out yesterday like Kenny did, even with a win, the press and fans would have been screaming for Rafa's head because that's not the Liverpool way. Supposedly it's not just about winning but playing a certain way. The hypocrisy of the media and LFC fans is something to behold.

Torres will score if there is service to him. He scored 3 in 4 for Daglish's Liverpool which had made a dramatic switch to pass and move. He was the best player on the pitch for the Everton game even though he didn't score and was voted MOTM. Whether or not Chelsea can or is willing to change things to provide service is the question. If Peter Cech continues to punt the ball up the field, it will be very frustrating.

You guys are the English experts so I'll ask why does that happen? Shrek has 20 apps and 5 goals this season. Until this week he only had 3 goals and I think 2 were pks. Why is he given a pass? If that was Torres he'd be flogged by the media, psychoanalyzed by every two-bit pundit out there.... oh nvm, that's already happened. If a player is stinking they're stinking. I don't get why one gets a pass and another the firing squad. Is it because Torres is prettier than Shrek? Maybe there's a hidden jealousy of Torres use of hair products.

The media is currently in a Kenny love-fest so until they lose again it'll be a Torres is a flop, Kenny is a genius spin. I have to laugh because if Rafa had sent a team out yesterday like Kenny did, even with a win, the press and fans would have been screaming for Rafa's head because that's not the Liverpool way. Supposedly it's not just about winning but playing a certain way. The hypocrisy of the media and LFC fans is something to behold.

I think the main reason is because he is English, but dont get me wrong sometimes the media criticizes him, but not to the extent of what Torres goes through. It might just be because we have bought him for £50 million, and he is a easy target. Its the same thing in the transfer market, English players cost way more than they should. Just look at Carroll for an example.

I totally agree with you, just because he is 'king kenny' whatever he does is right.

Fernando Torres's Chelsea debut brings back memories of Chris Sutton

Richard Williams is a little premature in this inkling, I feel. How can you possibly compare Torres to Sutton? 11 years difference between the two transfers, alongside the fact that both players aren't comparable in any sense to anyone with half a brain. The calibre of Torres significantly outweighs that of Sutton - the only real comparison you're able to make is in relation to the inflated fee paid for both.

The amount of media-hype around Torres can't be helping him. Everyone other than us Chelsea fans want to see him fail, including the media. Take the Guardian's most viewed articles currently - all of the top five portray Chelsea, particularly Torres, in a bad light.

All a bit presumptuous to me. Torres needs to break the ice as soon as he can to stop them espousing such drivel, and I'm confident he will if he's provided with the chances.