Fulham 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

What do you guys think of these formations?

64223_Chelsea.jpg64224_Chelsea.jpg

I don't fancy a 4-4-2 with us, imo it leaves us short changed in midfield because it places too much defensive responsibility on Lampard. Essien alongside him isn't disciplined enough for a two man midfield either. I'd stick with the diamond or switch it to the christmas tree :

Torres

Anelka Malouda

Lampard Mikel Ramires

Cole Terry Luiz Ivanovic

P.S. Where do you get those pitch maps from? They're quite good!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of these formations?

64223_Chelsea.jpg

I quite like this, and I think that it could work. Torres could play well with Anelka, much better than with Drogba I think. And I agree on not starting Ivanovic, Luiz would play much better with Bosingwa than with Ivanovic imo.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Anelka -------------------------------- Malouda

Torres

Why not Ramires? He's just started performing well and now let him in the bench? He's been playing better than Essien or Mikel, Essien especially.

I think we should go back to what we know , we need the three ponits more than to show off our 50 million pound signing. so i would go with

Cech

Ivan Luiz Terry Ash

Essien

Ramires Lampard

Anelka Drogba FloMo

i know it wount happen , but torres needs time , we cant expect him to come to a new team who play diffrenly and work.

Its a must win game with spuds up our arses and the way sunderland are playing at the moment they will roll over for them.

Cech

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Torres

i would play Ramires instead of Essien. But I suppose you didn't put Ramires on your sheet because he has been kinapped by the UFOs.

I thought we could play in 4-2-2, but it doesn't seem the be the case... But what are the odds to see Drogba on the bench...?

Cech

Mikel

Essien - Lampard

Torres

I like the idea of that defensive line. Why? Ash likes to attack. But then if Bosingwa does that too we are exposed too much at the back. If Ivanovic has more defensive role then firstly Mikel can have much free role and secondly Ash too.

i would play Ramires instead of Essien. But I suppose you didn't put Ramires on your sheet because he has been kinapped by the UFOs.

I thought we could play in 4-2-2, but it doesn't seem the be the case... But what are the odds to see Drogba on the bench...?

I am worried about lack of news about Ramires ,,,wasn't mentioned as injured and not even on the bench ...Hope there isn't a serious issue .

We could have used his energy yesterday.

I'd like to see a 4-4-2 formation implemented for this game, with a front pairing of Anelka and Torres, leaving Drogba on the bench. He needs to buck up his ideas and I believe the only way to do such a thing is to let him know that he's not untouchable and in turn, demoted to the bench for the game against Fulham. Either that, or play a front three consisting of Anelka, Torres and Malouda.

The formation deployed vs. Liverpool didn't seem to suit Torres, and with his £50m price-tag, he needs to be the focal point of our attack that we ought to build around.

Change the formation, please, Carlo.

I WOULD GO FOR THIS:

64325_Chelsea.jpg

When on defense, Ramiras will play like Essien plays when he plays with Mikel. He will move to the center.

Ramires as the enregy, the fitness and the ability to do this job, we know that.

* The formation gives as the opportunity to play with Drogba and Torres togheter.

* The opportunity to play with two wingers(ramires is not a winger acctuly. but he is fast and he played as a right midfielder in Benfica).

* The opportunity to still play with two great energetic defenssive midfielders such as Essien and Ramiras.

i will put $1,000,000,000 on this formation :

cech -

Iva/bos - Luiz -terry - cole -

essien - mikel- Lamps -

anelka -

Drogba - torres ....

guys , we have just lost with this formula , why would carlo change that ??!!

it's just a bad moment because players need time to adjust to this formation .... so we need to keep using it until it proves to be the worst possible option for us and just then .... carlo will stick to it ...