Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One positive from the game, I won't be on the internet googling Chelsea, Torres, Drogba, or anything similar for a few days until the media hype dies down. I'll actually be productive for a few days.

Somebody else said it - the result stinks but this game is out of the way. Torres can now move on from LFC, assimilate into CFC (minus the days away for Spain), and Carlo can figure out what to do with him and the middle. He is better than he showed today. That formation today will make him look like Sheva II.

I'm sticking to the Chelsea boards because I can't bear to read anything else. I'll be upfront here as I joined the board because I'm a Torres fan and not of the club. But I'll always want any team Torres is on to win and it was gutting to watch today's game. Very poor considering the points at stake. Dalglish got it exactly spot on as much I hate his smug mug and his wee fey Scottish folksy charm.

I hope to be proven wrong but I really do not see Drogba and Torres working out and would hate to see additional points dropped while CA tries to push a formation to accommodate them. Torres will continue to look bad if he's not played as the tip of the spear with a smart, active support striker. Is that going to be Anelka? I can't see Drogba doing it on a consistent basis.

The most depressing thing is that Chelsea have been swept by a Liverpool team that was eye-watering bad earlier this year. Following Torres, I had to endure so many unwatch-able games managed by Roy Hodgson. Unfortunately, Chelsea in this game resembled the early season Liverpool team as far as midfield creativity. Liverpool right now still has a number of deficiencies, but give credit to Dalglish, he's mixed and matched formations to minimize the issues for each game.

Such a big hype for this game, namely our recent signing of Torres and the huge expectations that we had of him, to score against his former club. I think it will take him a little time, just like it has with Ramires for him to fit in with the team. Then there is the general loathing of the oposition and the fact that we were seeking revenge for our meeting with them in November, just like we were seeking revenge against Sunderland last week. I do think it's a pity that we didn't take advantage of the Mancs losing yesterday and Arsenal drawing with Newcastle. I did feel a sense of De ja vu. I think our performance today left a lot to be desired, so having Torres (and Luiz when he did come on), shouldn't have made much difference as I think we had virtually the same team as we had against Sunderland.

I think the atmosphere was good at the start, which was to be expected imo. Chant of the match has to be 'you burned your own shirts, you burned your own shi-i-irts, you fucking idiots, you burned your own shirts'.

Only one other thing to say and that is to move on, I know it'll be hard, but the only way is forward.

I'm sticking to the Chelsea boards because I can't bear to read anything else. I'll be upfront here as I joined the board because I'm a Torres fan and not of the club. But I'll always want any team Torres is on to win and it was gutting to watch today's game.

Very odd. Does that mean you were a scouse before Jan 31st? never come across this way of thinking before but each to their own. What happens when El nino retires?

Very odd. Does that mean you were a scouse before Jan 31st? never come across this way of thinking before but each to their own. What happens when El nino retires?

I'm an American who follows European football and have done so since the early 90's. I do not have a strong affinity or identification with a particular team though AC Milan would be "my team" if pushed. Milan was the team that got me into European football in the first place and though I do not watch as many games as before, I'm happy when they do well.

For American sports (basketball really), I support my hometown and university teams regardless of who plays for them and have done so since childhood. I guess this is a where I'm the equivalent to a English football fan who supports one club exclusively.

When Torres retires, I'll just keep watching European football. Maybe I'll have another favorite player or follow a team for awhile. Or just watch games of interest like Barca-Real where it's just to see some good football.

Never a scouse of course. I actually had to hold my nose while watching Torres play for them. Sick of hearing their Istanbul defeat of Milan in 2005. Funny how they never mention 2007. But I did want Liverpool to do well because of Torres. Their mixture of superiority/victim complex and tendency to veer towards cult of personalities was a bit grating and I'm glad to not have to sift through that stuff anymore. It's why today's loss is so wrenching though.

Just being upfront rather than coming here and suddenly becoming the best Chelsea fan ever. Though anything could happen I suppose.

Won't go into lengths analysing this but we lost mostly due to tactics,luck and Cech's fuck up.

All are fixable, but right now we're a laughing stock.

This is one of the most weird formationt I have ever seen:

Drogba Torres

Anelka

Anelka as a playmaker against Liverpool ? lmao

Bos in front of Ivan is a good shout. It wont happen but it would be a very good idea. i've mentioned this before too, he is a crap defender but quick and attacking minded.

Bos can put in a really good cross as well, if he wanted to!

My daughter watched the game separately. She's a youth national team player and she watches every League out there and she knows more football than I ever will. She said the game was hard to watch with Liverpool packing 5 in the middle. She said it was boring football and she can't below that's how they played. She also said Torres looked lost like he didn't know where he was supposed to be or his teammates.

Sounds about right.

This is the formation we should've played (if Carlo decided to let Luiz start), with addition of Anelka in for Drogba. Would suit 2 strikers more then the one we played today. If Bosingwa likes to go forward let him do it then without having to think about defending that much and give him a hard workout on his crossing on the training sessions and it'll be better ^^ I think he simply lost the feel for the ball with his long absence from the football pitch.

The problem with the formation we used today was everything going through the center and with alot of players there we couldn't do shit, and when we were going through the sides it was usually Essien there with nothing happening. With classic 4-4-2 we can be effective both in the centre and on the sides. I mean, ManU is playing 4-4-2 quite a while and they do it very good. So simple yet effective football.

What player would you say is Liverpool's weakest point in defense? Kelly. Were we trying through his side? Nope...

7O2xkb.png