Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it - we were poor. Below par in every respect; performance, determination and will to win. Torres' inclusion from the start was a pivotal fault in Ancelotti's tactics, I feel, though don't get me wrong - I'm, by no means, blaming Carlo for today's loss. It's solely the players' fault. Many of them look disinterested, particularly to say that this was probably one of the biggest games of the season so far considering the circumstances.

I don't think the front three of Drogba, Anelka and our new acquisition, Torres, clicked as well as imagined, although there were a few instances where they showed promise. Anelka today was one of our better players, playing just behind Drogba and Torres. I do think this three could work, but it'll have to be given some time to gel and develop. Torres didn't really put on the show I'm sure I and many other Chelsea fans were expecting this afternoon. He worked but was constantly fizzled out by the Liverpool back-line, who were quite impressive today.

Although Liverpool did play well, I feel it's our performance that was disappointing. No real, clean-cut chances were created and our dominance in possession was not taken advantage of - something you can't afford to do, particularly against opposition such as the rejuvenated Liverpool of late. Not many players can come out of today's game with their held up high, with a few exceptions: Cole and Anelka were two of the better players, for me.

Today was a real chance to take advantage of Man United and Arsenal's improbable results yesterday. It's not very often we'll be presented with opportunities such as this. Then again, I still have faith that we have the quality available to turn it around and push for the title in the remaining months. I still don't feel we've hit a 'purple patch' which most of our rivals have done at some point, and I think ours is long overdue.

Onwards and upwards.

We didn't deserve to win. Simple as that.

That just about sums it up.

And why... Ancelotti insists on using Anelka in the first-team?

JoulJoul, do you watch the games? Anelka was probably our best and most influential in our previous game against Sunderland, and was one of the few players who showed up against Liverpool this afternoon.

My daughter watched the game separately. She's a youth national team player and she watches every League out there and she knows more football than I ever will. She said the game was hard to watch with Liverpool packing 5 in the middle. She said it was boring football and she can't below that's how they played. She also said Torres looked lost like he didn't know where he was supposed to be or his teammates.

Sounds about right.

It also sounds as though your daughter should sign up here. :D

I don't mean to be pessimistic but torres is not the answer to our ageing squad we could of spent 50 million on 3 hungry young players who would fight for the team as it would be there big chance. Yes it would be more of a risk as there unproven but you would always get 100 % effort. Today they just didn't seem botherd not like the Sunderland game. Even when we were one nil down the was no urgency. This is the medias wet dream they will be on about this for weeks even if Liverpool lose to wigan. It's gonna be a tough battle for fourth and I really hope we make it.

I don't mean to be pessimistic but torres is not the answer to our ageing squad we could of spent 50 million on 3 hungry young players who would fight for the team as it would be there big chance. Yes it would be more of a risk as there unproven but you would always get 100 % effort. Today they just didn't seem botherd not like the Sunderland game. Even when we were one nil down the was no urgency. This is the medias wet dream they will be on about this for weeks even if Liverpool lose to wigan. It's gonna be a tough battle for fourth and I really hope we make it.

Well fucking said

I felt there seemed to be a lack of urgency and desire on the pitch until they were a goal down. Unfortunately, these performances have been all too common over the past several months. The lads in blue need to play like they are a goal down from the off. In spite of all this, I look forward to Fulham next Monday.

In my opinión today Chelsea lost because Anchelotti fail in the tactical part. No player is to blean is Carlo and the useleess staf with him. I am no coach but even I predict Daglish line up i told me friends early that liverpool will ve a defensive and counter attack tactic. And Anchelotti did a move like a rocky coach puting Torres and Drogba on front. Anchelotti made a horrible mistake using Anelka behin Drogba and Torres that should be lampard.

Any way thats my opinión. We are off the PL hope more luck and effort in the champion league

I'm agree with RX8. Anchelotti seem to ruin the attacking part .

We have a very slow speed in attacking ( It's been like this for a while ) and the tactic change between game look same

Around 65 - 70 Min put malouda or the third forword ( like torres ) off and bring malouda or kalou in

When we behind and around 70 - 75 put Obi off and bring kalou in

And yeah don't forgot to put right back off and replace new right back in

every game has a pattern like this. No formation change no other tactics nothing !! and rest off the game just enjoy chewing gums

this formation didn't work and nothing change just hope the players show their talent.

No pattern of attacking , no tactic for set piece and free kicks was waste

the corner ruin by the tactic that sent the ball high when someone head it will have no power

everything still same and nothing has been fix by our manager

Way too congested up front, need to adjust the midfielders and create some space for the strikers to work with. Proper passing would help as well though, we were all over the place today.

I'm agree with RX8. Anchelotti seem to ruin the attacking part .

We have a very slow speed in attacking ( It's been like this for a while ) and the tactic change between game look same

Around 65 - 70 Min put malouda or the third forword ( like torres ) off and bring malouda or kalou in

When we behind and around 70 - 75 put Obi off and bring kalou in

And yeah don't forgot to put right back off and replace new right back in

every game has a pattern like this. No formation change no other tactics nothing !! and rest off the game just enjoy chewing gums

this formation didn't work and nothing change just hope the players show their talent.

No pattern of attacking , no tactic for set piece and free kicks was waste

the corner ruin by the tactic that sent the ball high when someone head it will have no power

everything still same and nothing has been fix by our manager

He brought Luiz in as a CB and Ivanovic moved to RB position.

I cant give any credit to Liverpool because for the most part they were pretty negative with 9 behind the ball.

Our lack of creativity -in particular Lampard and Essien- and the inabilty to see beyond pass, pass and pass, means the clock ticks away, and as with many games this season, sees the last 10 minutes become a State of Emergency with balls hoofed up the field in desperation. Its not as though there arent creatives in midfield -and look forward to Ramires, Zhirkov and Benayoun returning.

Sadly we actually looked stronger when Kalou came on -but yesterday Everton, Wolves, Blackburn, Sunderland -any number of teams would have capitalised on the wayward balls and hesitancy.

A good stern half time talking to was also probably missing.....

:clap: Not crying just concerned about the team we support.........

I wasn't referring to your post. You made some good points, we really should move the ball much faster with higher tempo.

I know i am concerned too, but we lost there is nothing we can do now. Hopefully things will change in the right direction and who knows what can happen.

Champions League is very unpredictable. :D

I wasn't referring to your post. You made some good points, we really should move the ball much faster with higher tempo.

I know i am concerned too, but we lost there is nothing we can do now. Hopefully things will change in the right direction and who knows what can happen.

Champions League is very unpredictable. :D

That was just first blood to the Wall Pushers.

Torres will be smarting, and will want revenge -which could become a regular event during the next 10 meetings with them ala Drogba /Arsenal