Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that whenever anyone plays defensively this season we are bad. Take a look at Sunderland game. They went out there to win leaving us alot of space and they ended with 4 in their net. Everton game? 1:1 and they played similar football like Liverpool.

With Luiz(CB) and Bran (RB) I think we will be much better in defense, and if we could finally have our attack work again we can still play like we did last season.

We looked so slow and uncreative in this match. Whenever a player received a ball he would start thinking what to do instead of knowing it already and continuing the play.

How you beat pus*y play like Liverpool's? By very good passing and by stretching their players around the field.

I can't believe that we had Meireles unmarked knowing that he's in great form and that he's very dangerous. In my opinion Ramires should have played instead of Mikel and should have had the task of pressuring Meireles. Even if Carlo didn't put him in starting 11 he should have subbed Mikel at half time with Ramires since Mikel had yellow card preventing him from making strong tackles.

Perhaps it was a mistake to let Torres start with all the pressure, and the simple thing that Liverpool knows all his weaknesses and tricks. Perhaps it would have been better to play with our classic attack or Anelka behind Drogba and Kalou and bring in Torres if Drogba or Kalou don't perform well.

Still, all we can do now is to hope our players don't get injured on international friendlies, prepare for the match against Fulham and learn from our mistakes.

Gotta also say that Luiz looked great. Reminds me of Carvalho so much...

I still have faith in Carlo and our club and I think a lot of things can happen 'till the end of season.

:cfc: KTBFFH

This is the low point of the season and there's been many lows in it. Now we just have to make sure we get into the Champions league and find a way to play Torres and Drogba together.

It was a stupid decision to play Torres in this match, his debut against his old team with all the hatred it's caused, fuck sake. All it did was give liverpool fans ammunition to chant about him all day and their players were more up for the game too because he played. Torres hasn't been in form for Liverpool and Drogba hasn't been in form for us and the 4-3-3 has been working lately so to use the diamond and to play Torres and Drogba in it in a match like Liverpool is suicide. They beat us easily today, EASILY!

19 shots, 1 on target.... disgraceful for a home game and especially having Torres, Drogba, Lampard and Anelka on the pitch. Things were going well so why change it? Ease Torres into the team in a lower key match, this was never gonna work tbh. Lampard was awful today, maybe next season will be his last because he can't play in a diamond quite clearly, he tried last season for the first part and was shit then too. We need to start playing the right way for Torres and Drogba to be a partnership, not to get Lampard in the team unless we say to hell with 4-3-3 and the diamond and use a basic 4-4-2 with 2 wide men, 2 CMs and 2 STs.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Malouda - Essien - Lampard - Anelka

Drogba - Torres

This is the only way that Lampard will work and the strikers will work.

So pissed off right now

Edited by OllieCFC

4-4-2 is the only way I can see Torres and Drogba play together, but don't forget that we don't have a good right winger. Perhaps if Bosingwa was like he was before he could be playing there. But all these formation changes need to take place in the summer with new players brought in and with alot of training. Improvising along the way can result in a match like this. Simple. If you have your players play 1 formation more then 1 year and then you suddenly change they won't feel self confident.

-----------------Cech-------------------

Ivan------Luiz-------Terry------Cole

Bos---Essien--Lamps-Malouda-----

--------Drogba--Torres--------------

Perhaps it is time to close this thread and move on...I'm tired of all this Liverp...sorry Shitpool or Scumpool thing...

Why does not Ramires enters the starting lineup?

He's much better than Mikel and Essien...

And why... Ancelotti insists on using Anelka in the first-team?

Ramires must be injured, if he did not make the bench.

Anelka was brilliant vs Sunderland, that's why.

-----------------Cech-------------------

Ivan------Luiz-------Terry------Cole

Bos---Essien--Lamps-Malouda-----

--------Drogba--Torres--------------

Bos in front of Ivan is a good shout. It wont happen but it would be a very good idea. i've mentioned this before too, he is a crap defender but quick and attacking minded.

Bos in front of Ivan is a good shout. It wont happen but it would be a very good idea. i've mentioned this before too, he is a crap defender but quick and attacking minded.

Agreed mate. If anyone would ask me what is Bosigwa's style of play? I'd say running down the flank and delivering quality crosses, and with Essien and Lamps in the middle we could also be dangerous in the centre.

Works wonderfully in PES/FIFA though ^^

It's not just a loss, there's ways to lose like how we lost to Birmingham by playing well and being dead unlucky. We weren't unlucky today, we were shit. This defeat made sure that we wouldn't win the league and it also showed that the diamond aint gonna work. It was too easy for Liverpool to get through us and they are hardly a top team, specially that team who played today without a genuine striker.

Today was the disaster of all disasters, specially having 3 strikers like that and having 1 shot on goal. It's criminal.

Exactly.

This was a really dull game, and spoilt by the Torres-media hype. I find the result in the past already.

I was very angry but i've calmed down now. Even though i'm pretty pissed about were on the same level as tottenham since i have a bet that Chelsea will come higher than them. I'll leave this result in the past. We still have a chance to finish in the top 4, it's not all over. The next match should be interesting and there would be nothing better to see how Drogba and Torres will work together.

It's not just a loss, there's ways to lose like how we lost to Birmingham by playing well and being dead unlucky. We weren't unlucky today, we were shit. This defeat made sure that we wouldn't win the league and it also showed that the diamond aint gonna work. It was too easy for Liverpool to get through us and they are hardly a top team, specially that team who played today without a genuine striker.

Today was the disaster of all disasters, specially having 3 strikers like that and having 1 shot on goal. It's criminal.

I know it hurts, you learn from your mistakes, hopefully carlo got something in mind.

I was very angry but i've calmed down now. Even though i'm pretty pissed about were on the same level as tottenham since i have a bet that Chelsea will come higher than them. I'll leave this result in the past. We still have a chance to finish in the top 4, it's not all over. The next match should be interesting and there would be nothing better to see how Drogba and Torres will work together.

I still see 3rd being an option for us. City have played all their games, we have 1 in hand. I know it's to United, but they're still inconsistent and are probably bound to slip up more than us.(City)

It would be nice to find a way for Torres and Drogba to click together but if it isn't we shouldn't force it. Drogba has been poor recently, perhaps it would motivate him if he'd be benched. Last time he was benched, he came off and scored. Also against Arsenal if I remember correctly. Using Bosingwa as a winger isn't a bad idea though.

In my eyes Ashley Cole, JT, Luiz, Essien (don't know what some guys are on about), Kalou and even Bosingwa were alright. Torres wasn't bad either given the circumstances. Malouda was like always - bit idle at time but created a chance late on. Lampard was transparent for his standards. But we need to understand that they used tactic in which they over flow the midfield, making ours look bad/useless. Can't underestimate the effect of Clarke either, just like Mourinho with Inter last season. After that defeat according to the media we were 'surely' going to clean out 60% of the players and buy every moving object in the world. Didn't happen and we won the double. Let's just soak this in and support our team. There will be good moments in this season and I'm sure during those periods there'll be plenty of fans behind the team but we need to stick together right now aswell. KTBFFH

One positive from the game, I won't be on the internet googling Chelsea, Torres, Drogba, or anything similar for a few days until the media hype dies down. I'll actually be productive for a few days.

Somebody else said it - the result stinks but this game is out of the way. Torres can now move on from LFC, assimilate into CFC (minus the days away for Spain), and Carlo can figure out what to do with him and the middle. He is better than he showed today. That formation today will make him look like Sheva II.

I still see 3rd being an option for us. City have played all their games, we have 1 in hand. I know it's to United, but they're still inconsistent and are probably bound to slip up more than us.(City)

It is an oppertunity, but i think we wont win that oppertunity. Though who knows, Ancelotti could have produced a brilliant team over night, though i doubt it.