Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be pessimistic but torres is not the answer to our ageing squad we could of spent 50 million on 3 hungry young players who would fight for the team as it would be there big chance. Yes it would be more of a risk as there unproven but you would always get 100 % effort. Today they just didn't seem botherd not like the Sunderland game. Even when we were one nil down the was no urgency. This is the medias wet dream they will be on about this for weeks even if Liverpool lose to wigan. It's gonna be a tough battle for fourth and I really hope we make it.

That is one of the things I love about Ivanovic, that guy even if he had quite a few fuck ups really wanted to win.

That is one of the things I love about Ivanovic, that guy even if he had quite a few fuck ups really wanted to win.

You could see when cech and ivan had a tiff they really care what happends and its good to see that.

Morning folks.Hope you all had a good weekend,under the circumstances :(

CBA to read the posts since Friday afternoon so i'll give my take on yesterday.

In hindsight,maybe it wasn't a good idea to start with Torres,especially with all the attention that was going to be on him,and the system just didn't work.We looked negative,players looked out of position and the frst half showing was painful to put it mildly.

They just didn't seem interested.

We looked slightly better once ;Luiz and Malouda were introduced,but it was evident that LIverpool were just going to shut up shop once they scored,a goal that was a defensive howler and bad communication between defence and goalkeeper.A similar incident occured earlier between Cech and Ivanovic that we were fortunate to get away with.

Should of we gone with the same team that beat Sunderland last week?.Maybe we should.But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm damn sure that Torres will justify his transfer fee in the coming weeks,but yesterday was probably just too much of an ask,as is our chances now of retaining the Premier League title.

Morning M.

Yup quite a disappointing W/E all in all. But thats Chelsea -chance to stick their foot in the door missed.

On the positive Luis looks good, and Torres will score against them many a time in the next five seasons.......

Morning M.

Yup quite a disappointing W/E all in all. But thats Chelsea -chance to stick their foot in the door missed.

On the positive Luis looks good, and Torres will score against them many a time in the next five seasons.......

Indeed mate.Luiz did look sharp and positive.Could of started imo,with Ivanovic going to RB.

Quick note.Notice Dalglish hugging Steve Clarke after the game?.

Clarkey's reaction-"OK ok Kenny,calm down","i can't show my enthusiasm too much","remember","i used to play for these lot"!!.%28Y%29.gif

I can't believe how negative the media is. Sure we didn't have the best game but nor did Liverpool. But in all fairness I think some players did a good job - for example John Terry, Ashley Cole, David Luiz and even Michael Essien. Our midfield and strikers were overshadowed by wall of defenders, can't expect them to beat two or three defenders solo and have a decent shot on goal after that, impossible. We lacked wide players to stretch them out. When we switched to 4-3-3 gaps started to appear in Liverpool defence and I might have worked if we started with 4-3-3. Benching either Torres or Drogba isn't bad because it'll help Torres to adjust with the system aswell as give Drogba a much needed rest and reality call. We will bounce back, surely. KTBFFH

By the way, the gameplay was really familiar to the two Inter games last year in Champions League. Clarke and Mourinho know everything about the club, the players and so on so that worked against us aswell.

Anyone notice? Steve Clarke's let himself go a bit. Couldn't at first recognise him when his podgy face appeared on the telly.

His fault for joining Liverpool.

You reap what you sow! :D

I can't believe how negative the media is. Sure we didn't have the best game but nor did Liverpool. But in all fairness I think some players did a good job - for example John Terry, Ashley Cole, David Luiz and even Michael Essien. Our midfield and strikers were overshadowed by wall of defenders, can't expect them to beat two or three defenders solo and have a decent shot on goal after that, impossible. We lacked wide players to stretch them out. When we switched to 4-3-3 gaps started to appear in Liverpool defence and I might have worked if we started with 4-3-3. Benching either Torres or Drogba isn't bad because it'll help Torres to adjust with the system aswell as give Drogba a much needed rest and reality call. We will bounce back, surely. KTBFFH

By the way, the gameplay was really familiar to the two Inter games last year in Champions League. Clarke and Mourinho know everything about the club, the players and so on so that worked against us aswell.

That was the problem.The midfield just didn't create.Drogba was like a little lost dog,out on the left side and could not get into any scoring positions.Liverpool stuck to Torres like flies round shit.It was obvious what they were set out to do.

Mikel's early first half booking meant he had to watch his step.Carlo should of brought Malouda on at the start of the second half and maybe should of left out Bosingwa,who yet again didn't have the greatest of games.

check the Times playing ratings ,,,you would think we were beaten by 6 goals at least.

check the Times playing ratings ,,,you would think we were beaten by 6 goals at least.

Player ratings are so out of date and should not really be taken that seriously. Football Journalists always have their 'favourites',and will always give them top marks,even if they do have 'average' games.

You wonder at times whether they're watching the same game as us!.

Losing to Liverpool is always disgusting, especially to this Liverpool side, one of the weakest they´ve had in years.

The thing is, it wasn´t a good game. Both sides were absoloutly aweful. Liverpools formation was really cowardish - 5 midfielders ?! They overcrowded our midfield and with no potential winger on from our perspective they have had it easy sticking 10 cunts behind the ball. Their goal was down to a communication breakdown in our defense. Should´ve played Luiz as a CB and Ivan rightback.

It was a very "adventerous" way to start Torres. We looked a bit anxious until he came off. Okay, so this formation doesn´t work, let´s try something out, yeah Carlo ?

As for Liverpool = shit team, hate steven gerrard, hate that the penno for a clear handball wasn´t given. Hate losing to them at home.

But....we´ve got the Champoins League they won´t even qualify for.

Hi to you all:)

I want to point out that I'm dissapointed for C.Ancelloti, because he was tragic yesterday.. Although, I believe that in our standards, NOBODY can defeat us. Hope there's still time to win the league.

In my opinion Luiz and Torres will help, but I prefer Florent in starting 11 from Didier who has not great form.