Alexis Sanchez

milllz

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You had your chance to say 'That is what I said.' instead of course you chose to say 'Isn't that what I said?' even though obviously it was and I had just misread your statement. You chose to talk down to me, so excuse me if I disregard your opinions in turn when you convey them in such a manner. The semantics of your statement beg the question 'why should I care?' 

Excuse me if I cannot remember a statement you made a month ago and you ask me if that is what you posted. 

The more important question is; why did it take you a month to respond and the second most in important question is; why am I indulging you right now? Thirdly why are we still talking about this? It hardly matters.

I thought I had responded long ago. I know I typed a reply on my phone but saw that I must not have posted it so replied to draw attention to your mistake.

You are a native English speaker so you are very familiar with the usage of the expression you quoted. While I have no evidence of course, I would bet quite a lot of money that you have used it yourself on many occasions, often in exactly the same way I have in this case. Perhaps you have even done so in comments posted in this forum.

It is the reaction to what I said, not the way I said it, which is wanting. In any case, I quoted an extract from the original post, and did so in a manner that could not have been mistaken for anything else. I therefore did better than say "this is what I said", I showed it to you. No need for you to tax your memory at all.

There are endless ways you might have responded to my statement. Many of them better, in my opinion, than the way you did. There is nothing unusual about the misreading of a post, we've all done it. My choosing to correct your misapprehension is not unusual either. I care about resolving this conversation because I believe you have behaved badly in responding as you did to that correction, and that you are now trying to deflect the blame. Seems to be the vogue these days.

Whether you care about the conversation, and, if you do, why you do, I'll leave to you.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I thought I had responded long ago. I know I typed a reply on my phone but saw that I must not have posted it so replied to draw attention to your mistake.

You are a native English speaker so you are very familiar with the usage of the expression you quoted. While I have no evidence of course, I would bet quite a lot of money that you have used it yourself on many occasions, often in exactly the same way I have in this case. Perhaps you have even done so in comments posted in this forum.

It is the reaction to what I said, not the way I said it, which is wanting. In any case, I quoted an extract from the original post, and did so in a manner that could not have been mistaken for anything else. I therefore did better than say "this is what I said", I showed it to you. No need for you to tax your memory at all.

There are endless ways you might have responded to my statement. Many of them better, in my opinion, than the way you did. There is nothing unusual about the misreading of a post, we've all done it. My choosing to correct your misapprehension is not unusual either. I care about resolving this conversation because I believe you have behaved badly in responding as you did to that correction, and that you are now trying to deflect the blame. Seems to be the vogue these days.

Whether you care about the conversation, and, if you do, why you do, I'll leave to you.

My response, 'I dunno, it was a month ago' was as literal as it could be; I didn't know if that indeed was what you posted because I hadn't reviewed, so I took your word for it as I believed you had no reason to lie. You responded in kind with 'The cut and paste in italics wasn't a clue? Missing it once is missing it once, but twice?' which by definition condescension which in turn caused me to act aggressively. It takes two to tango and quite ironically you are deflecting by stating I'm deflecting (which is a deflection on my part).

At the end of the day, we were (from our own perception) rude to eachother because of a mutual misunderstanding and for that I apologise.

Instead of showing he can lead the team in difficult time, all he does is whine and whine.

And on difficult game in CL, I for one have absolutely zero desire to have such player next to me who will hit the exit as soon things get hard.

All these players from Ozil to Alexis, James and Isco, they have plenty of talent no doubt, but zero character. Just dont get near them in summer.

14 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Instead of showing he can lead the team in difficult time, all he does is whine and whine.

And on difficult game in CL, I for one have absolutely zero desire to have such player next to me who will hit the exit as soon things get hard.

All these players from Ozil to Alexis, James and Isco, they have plenty of talent no doubt, but zero character. Just dont get near them in summer.

He has been a leader for Arsenal since he got there! I think he is fed up with all the bullshit Arsenal are. From top to bottom, everything is falling apart there.

He was Udinese's best player while there, better even than Di Natale. He's been Arsenal's best player (by far) consistently for a while now. He held his own in one of the best squads of all time at Barcelona, averaging about a goal every 2nd game. (Same output at Arsenal, only marginally different.) 

Yet, he hasn't even experienced being in a 'best circumstance' situation yet. At Barcelona, he was trying to get ahead of undroppable players, which was & still is impossible. He made the best out of a not so great situation. At Arsenal, he's been managed by a guy half the fans dislike (toxic atmosphere), he's been spanked by every big team he's been against due to being a shining gem playing alongside coal (often being their only respectable player, but he's had his lapses to be sure, largely due to Wenger I think), and at Udinese he had around 4 very good players in his team, the rest being fit for Serie B.

When have we seen Sanchez be a consistent starter for an absolutely top team with top players? Never in our lives, none of us. He didn't get the chance at Barcelona, & Arsenal, Udinese + Chile don't offer the platform for him to fully perform. 

So I want him for that reason, for the unknown territory. Going from linking up with Tello & Pedro, to Walcott & Chamberlain, to... Hazard & Pedro:getin:, is a huge upgrade in support. To go from underused squad player, to the only top-class talent a team has, to being surrounded by top class players week in week out, is a revelation. We simply haven't even seen the best of him - unless he's a player who's best when there's immense pressure, then we have. In which case, he should be a big-game player at least. If not, we are indeed going to see him become better once there's less reliance on him.

22 minutes ago, Leif said:

He was Udinese's best player while there, better even than Di Natale. He's been Arsenal's best player (by far) consistently for a while now. He held his own in one of the best squads of all time at Barcelona, averaging about a goal every 2nd game. (Same output at Arsenal, only marginally different.) 

Yet, he hasn't even experienced being in a 'best circumstance' situation yet. At Barcelona, he was trying to get ahead of undroppable players, which was & still is impossible. He made the best out of a not so great situation. At Arsenal, he's been managed by a guy half the fans dislike (toxic atmosphere), he's been spanked by every big team he's been against due to being a shining gem playing alongside coal (often being their only respectable player, but he's had his lapses to be sure, largely due to Wenger I think), and at Udinese he had around 4 very good players in his team, the rest being fit for Serie B.

When have we seen Sanchez be a consistent starter for an absolutely top team with top players? Never in our lives, none of us. He didn't get the chance at Barcelona, & Arsenal, Udinese + Chile don't offer the platform for him to fully perform. 

So I want him for that reason, for the unknown territory. Going from linking up with Tello & Pedro, to Walcott & Chamberlain, to... Hazard & Pedro:getin:, is a huge upgrade in support. To go from underused squad player, to the only top-class talent a team has, to being surrounded by top class players week in week out, is a revelation. We simply haven't even seen the best of him - unless he's a player who's best when there's immense pressure. In which case, he should be a big-game player at least. If not, we are indeed going to see him become better once there's less reliance on him.

Good point, that is true. He has either been at hopeless clubs (Udinese, Arsenal) or a rotational player in a big team (Barca). He has only won one major title in his career, La Liga in 2013. He'll be thinking he's 28 not getting any younger and looking at other teams likes us or whoever can promise success and a prominent role. He is an idiot if he stays at Arsenal even if Wenger leaves, at his age he needs to go to a club that is stable and can offer titles. If Wenger leaves I don't think everything will be rosey, they might struggle even worse like is the case with Man United. It will take a few years at least to sort out the mess and if he's ambitious he doesn't have that time.

I wonder if Sanchez will be open to playing on the RW from time to time, swapping with Hazard? Would he willingly sign up for that deal, given his experience playing RW at Barcelona and all the (personal) success he's had at playing his preferred LW/ST for Arsenal. (And yes I know he played RW at Udinese, but that was as a young up and coming talent, not at his peak, ability wise at 28. ) 

The way I see it...

Sanchez goes to Juventus if he wants to play LW & have a serious shot at winning the UCL. Only draw-back, is that he will most likely NOT get anywhere close to his wage demands he's making... Higuain (who Juve paid 70M for, is "only" getting paid 100K Euros a week, he didn't receive no Pogba like weekly wage bump... and Sanchez wants like 250K )  Not to mention Juventus have a very strict wage-structure. 

Goes to PSG and gets to play LW position AND get paid all the money he wants like 250K-300K Euros a week, and seriously compete for UCL title. And after Europe buys all of Monaco's talent, Ligue 1 probably falls right back into PSG's hands. 

Come to Chelsea to stay in London, fight for PL Title and UCL, get paid in-between what Juventus and PSG will most likely accept.. (say 200-215K)  BUT have to share the LW role with Hazard and play RW. 

4 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I wonder if Sanchez will be open to playing on the RW from time to time, swapping with Hazard? Would he willingly sign up for that deal, given his experience playing RW at Barcelona and all the (personal) success he's had at playing his preferred LW/ST for Arsenal. (And yes I know he played RW at Udinese, but that was as a young up and coming talent, not at his peak, ability wise at 28. ) 

The way I see it...

Sanchez goes to Juventus if he wants to play LW & have a serious shot at winning the UCL. Only draw-back, is that he will most likely NOT get anywhere close to his wage demands he's making... Higuain (who Juve paid 70M for, is "only" getting paid 100K Euros a week, he didn't receive no Pogba like weekly wage bump... and Sanchez wants like 250K )  Not to mention Juventus have a very strict wage-structure. 

Goes to PSG and gets to play LW position AND get paid all the money he wants like 250K-300K Euros a week, and seriously compete for UCL title. And after Europe buys all of Monaco's talent, Ligue 1 probably falls right back into PSG's hands. 

Come to Chelsea to stay in London, fight for PL Title and UCL, get paid in-between what Juventus and PSG will most likely accept.. (say 200-215K)  BUT have to share the LW role with Hazard and play RW. 

There is no way Arsenal is going to sell him to us. (They used to do it because they need money to build stadium)

4 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Arsenal sold many players to their rivals.. Van Persie, Adebayor, Clichy, Yolo Touré, Nasri, Sagna.. They are not like Spurs.

I think it depends heavily on what Sanchez pushes for. They can have an agreement with PSG for a fee of say 40m, but if they get a 40m fee from Chelsea and Sanchez wants to stay put in London but only move to us they have to agree with him. Can't have an unhappy player. 

20 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I think it depends heavily on what Sanchez pushes for. They can have an agreement with PSG for a fee of say 40m, but if they get a 40m fee from Chelsea and Sanchez wants to stay put in London but only move to us they have to agree with him. Can't have an unhappy player. 

Agree. Van Persie could have joined any top side in Europe but he only wanted MU so he forced it through. If we want to sign Sanchez and he wants to sign for us it can happen.

Chelsea and Manchester City have been named on the list of six possible destinations if Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez departs the club this summer. Spanish newspaper AS say the two Premier League clubs are interested in the Chilean.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Chelsea and Manchester City have been named on the list of six possible destinations if Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez departs the club this summer. Spanish newspaper AS say the two Premier League clubs are interested in the Chilean.

It's terrifying to think of City having Sanchez, Agüero and Sane in attack. The pace, technical proficiency and sheer predatory power to score goals would be challenging to stop to say the least. Pep brought Sanchez to Barca so who knows... I hope it doesn't happen. Imagine we went on to buy Sterling if it happened :( Must not think about that.

Sanchez would be a massive signing. Top 3 player in the league.

All these talks about zero character, you can't blame a player for wanting to leave Arsenal. Imagine yourself as a world class player playing in a team with no desire to win titles. I don't see how his reaction is different than Hazard's, or Costa and Tibo that last season shared their desire to move back to Spain on every interview.

If Costa will move to China that's enough to fund transfer fee + salary + flying his dogs on a private jet.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You