Edinson Cavani

CFC58

They don't cross because crossing means you have to play on the wing and our midfielder play much more centrally.

Not true at all...

They dont cross because they dont see a reason. Hazard, Mata and Oscar can go deep sometimes (even with their central roles) to cross to a good striker.

In football games, players can adapt to different situations even if they are not primarily supposed to do so. They only need to make 10-15 air balls at the most, it is not like we will turn into an only cross team (that would need wongers and full backs).

Imagine we had Cavani/Falcao in attack, Hazard, Luis Suarez and Mata as attacking trio and developed Oscar to play on CM (like Cesc did at Arsenal) along Mikel. And Chicarito as our backup striker.

Falcao/Cavani

Hazard-Suarez-Mata

Oscar-Mikel

I know its impossible, but that would fit us perfectly.

WTF is this?

Not true at all...

They dont cross because they dont see a reason. Hazard, Mata and Oscar can go deep sometimes (even with their central roles) to cross to a good striker.

In football games, players can adapt to different situations even if they are not primarily supposed to do so. They only need to make 10-15 air balls at the most, it is not like we will turn into an only cross team (that would need wongers and full backs).

That IS the problem they dont see a reason, because they all want to play centrally, they need to be forced wide and then allowed to randomly move back in and out and confuse the defense not do the same thing all match and hope it works....and they defo need more then 10-15 air balls......

That IS the problem they dont see a reason, because they all want to play centrally, they need to be forced wide and then allowed to randomly move back in and out and confuse the defense not do the same thing all match and hope it works....and they defo need more then 10-15 air balls......

WTF? HOW MANY CROSSES DO YOU WANT US TO TAKE?

No they dont cross because there aint nobody to cross to. They will go wide once there is a decent header inside the box.

We do not need to cross the ball 20-30 times a game. 10-15 crosses are more than enough, look at RM and Bayern air ball stats....

WTF? HOW MANY CROSSES DO YOU WANT US TO TAKE?

No they dont cross because there aint nobody to cross to. They will go wide once there is a decent header inside the box.

We do not need to cross the ball 20-30 times a game. 10-15 crosses are more than enough, look at RM and Bayern air ball stats....

RM and bayern dont play in the PL, 10-15 crosses would be the lowest in the PL, its very very easy to defend going through the middle in the PL, crosses from the "right" angle therefore became the main stray, Torres is also only really scoring from headers recently, so....you want us to once again not play to his strengths? also RM use alot of wide play with a mix of low balls and high balls and a good variation of short passing and long passing from midfield.

RM and bayern dont play in the PL, 10-15 crosses would be the lowest in the PL, its very very easy to defend going through the middle in the PL, crosses from the "right" angle therefore became the main stray, Torres is also only really scoring from headers recently, so....you want us to once again not play to his strengths? also RM use alot of wide play with a mix of low balls and high balls and a good variation of short passing and long passing from midfield.

We play as a passing and technical team, this leaves a small percentage of possessions for crosses.

10-15 crosses + corners + fouls = 20-25 air balls total. That is more than enough, since crossing is not our primarily weapon.

You can look it up, 30-40 crosses per game is a really unbalanced team. A team without technique, that merely relly on high balls.

RM and Bayern are the most balnced teams today, as you said, RM (and Bayern) use a mix of types of plays. Chelsea will to, so 10-15 crosses are more than enough.

Also, I dont have any stat to pove it (and I might be wrong), but I bet the teams that crosses the most are the ones in the bottom of the table. Players usually cross a lot at the end of the game when losing and when they cant infiltrate the opposition's defense.

EDIT: Lets not spam Cavani's threat anymore.

We play as a passing and technical team, this leaves a small percentage of possessions for crosses.

10-15 crosses + corners + fouls = 20-25 air balls total. That is more than enough, since crossing is not our primarily weapon.

You can you it up, 30-40 crosses per game is a really unbalanced team. A team without technique, that merely reloys on high balls.

RM and Bayern are the most balnced teams today, as you said, RM (and Bayern) use a mix of types of plays. Chelsea will to, so 10-15 crosses are more than enough.

Also, I dont have any stat to pove it (and I might be wrong), but I bet the teams that crosses the most are the one in the bottom of the table. Players usually cross a lot at the end of the game when losing and when they cant infiltrate the opposition's defense.

We are not a crossing team and we are not going to be one. We played with 3 am and our width comes from our fullback.

We are not a crossing team and we are not going to be one. We played with 3 am and our width comes from our fullback.

?

That is basically what I have argued...

Toronto said we cant cross because we dont have wingers, that is bullshit. Our trio of CAM can cross 10 times per game (+ corners and fouls). I just belive they dont do it because they dont trust Torres and once we get a decent striker they will cross more.

As I said on my very first phrase, we are a technical and passing team, not a crossing one.

EDIT: This is my last post about air balls. Lets get back on topic!

?

That is basically what I have argued...

Toronto said we cant cross because we dont have wingers, that is bullshit. Our trio of CAM can cross 10 times per game (+ corners and fouls). I just belive they dont do it because they dont trust Torres and once we get a decent striker they will cross more.

As I said on my very first phrase, we are a technical and passing team, not a crossing one.

I think it's a little bit of both. If we play with drogba upfront we definitely will cross more. And our trio am have tendency to play through the center and prefer to combine with each other rather than crossing the ball into box.

I think it's a little bit of both. If we play with drogba upfront we definitely will cross more. And our trio am have tendency to play through the center and prefer to combine with each other rather than crossing the ball into box.

That is true, MAZACAR play a lot more centralized. That is just our style right now though...

Like I said with Toronto: Mikel and Oscar + Moses, Mata and Hazard gives us a better balance.

You can look it up, 30-40 crosses per game is a really unbalanced team. A team without technique, that merely relly on high balls.

Also, I dont have any stat to pove it (and I might be wrong), but I bet the teams that crosses the most are the ones in the bottom of the table. Players usually cross a lot at the end of the game when losing and when they cant infiltrate the opposition's defense.

I think we agree on most things just not out to do it, i agree you need balance and variation i just think more wide play not necessarily crossing from wide but wide play in general is needed.

I wouldnt say teams with crossing are near the bottom, Man united are a great example of a team who really use their wingers as crosser's to their great benefit. I mean wigan played technically and passing last year and bar the odd good result finished bottom side of the table, but stoke who rely on almost only long balls, finished top 10....i dont think you can just put passing and technical play on a pedastool because its popular, our chelsea teams with drogba were much more crossing orientated and we were far from bottom...either way i want more wide play and a little bit more crossing i think we rely too heavily on the passing and technical play but balance is needed ofc, and tbh our prior performances being technical based and wide play crossing based speaks for themselves, we play better with a bit of everything.

And fair enough

Not true at all...

There were alot of crosses and decent crosses at that, tonight against shakhtar

I think we agree on most things just not out to do it, i agree you need balance and variation i just think more wide play not necessarily crossing from wide but wide play in general is needed.

I wouldnt say teams with crossing are near the bottom, Man united are a great example of a team who really use their wingers as crosser's to their great benefit. I mean wigan played technically and passing last year and bar the odd good result finished bottom side of the table, but stoke who rely on almost only long balls, finished top 10....i dont think you can just put passing and technical play on a pedastool because its popular, our chelsea teams with drogba were much more crossing orientated and we were far from bottom...either way i want more wide play and a little bit more crossing i think we rely too heavily on the passing and technical play but balance is needed ofc, and tbh our prior performances being technical based and wide play crossing based speaks for themselves, we play better with a bit of everything.

And fair enough

Goes without saying that you need width or the option of width to beat teams. It's like Barca, no width which means you can play very narrow defensively restricting the space to play in and an snuffing out danger.

For all Fergies faults (the red nosed alcoholic prick) he has always stuck by width and wingers. Which is why united are such an enjoyable team to watch play.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You