Edinson Cavani

CFC58

• 2 weeks later...
Just hopes he (or Falcao) will come here and save us

Save us? From what exactly?

There is a long way to go in this season and yes i grant you the fact that we should try desperately hard to land another striker in January. To say we need saving though is just a tad O.T.T.

He should be our priority for the forward position.

One of the most well-rounded forward in the world.

In the world cup where Uruguay finished 4th, it was his work that enabled Forlan and Suarez to play at their best.

He can be good with both style of play, counter-attacking or dominant football where his movements and heading can be very useful in the box, without forgetting that he's not bad in the link-up play.

What's it to you how much the club spends?

So just because it isnt our money we should embrace stupid and/or overpayed deals?

The winter transfer window serves as an "aid permission", for teams that were hit with multiple injuries in one position or suffer from a natural lack of depth from the start of the season or for teams that want a little extra talent at a certain area of the pitch. It isnt a "squad builder" transfer window. That is why most of the deals are loans or cheap gambles (Cisse, for instance).

Clubs arent willing to sell their best players in January (due to the lack of replacement options) and the clubs that are looking for a top quality players are in despair to save their season. Those two states of mind make the prices skyrise to absurd amounts. This factor alone should be enough so the teams think before buying expensive players in that time of the year, but there is an even more important danger sign. Players that come as saviors in the middle of the season usually arrive with a lot of pressure at an unorganised squad, transforming their much needed magical performances in an extremely difficult event(s) to happen. The 6 months advantage the club thought they would get, will turn out to be a painful adaptation period (making the big price that was paid, totally unworthy).

Take Torres as a horrible example. We initialy offered Liverpool 35mi, but they said they would not sell him to a rival in the middle of the season, then we offered 40mi (which was also rejected) and because the days were almost over, we offered them an unrefusable 50million and 175k/week deal. He arrived with such an enormous expectation and did not lived up to the hype. Why? Because the team was a mess, he had no service and his girly character couldnt deal with the pressure. Torres could only show and prove himself when AVB arrived with a decent preseason. It of course never happened, but that is a whole other discussion and it does not take away the fact the first half season did not help and that it would have been a much less bombastic and better 35million summer deal.

Football Managers/Directors that relly on the January Transfer Window usually fail badly, even spending a hell lot of money (Kenny Dalglish?).

So just because it isnt our money we should embrace stupid and/or overpayed deals?

Don't you want success? Or do you want to languish and settle for 4th every season like arsenal/spurs who are 'well run' clubs without billionaire backers like Chelsea

It's never stopped Roman before why now?

Just because it's someone else's money doesn't mean we shouldn't care. I always want what's best for the club and sometimes signing all these hyped players on inflated transfer fees and unreasonable wages without thoroughly scouting if they really are the best choice for us won't do the club any good, in fact it may even cause disharmony within the squad if someone is paid twice the amount of money for being a worse player. I'm sure a player like Mata is not happy to earn only a third of Torres' wages despite contributing much more to the team, but Juan is too nice a guy to cause any problems over it. That may not be the case with all players and sometimes these expensive flops can really come and bite the club in the ass, in addition to them playing like shit of course.

I'm not saying Cavani would be one of these flops, quite the opposite really because I feel he is one of the best players in the world and would even fit our team nicely, but all I'm saying is that the "it's not my money, so I don't have to give a fuck" attitude is just wrong. Also, some could argue that in the end it is the match going fans who pay for these players. If the club signs a couple of more Torres's they're only going to keep increasing the ticket prices etc. to make up for the lost money.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You