Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Hahahaha i love Solo man, he's a great guy!. It's good to see you back here anyway man.

When I red people like you, I feel more european! Thank you Kojo! It's a pleasure to read you! :)

Why all the fuss on Cavani all of a sudden?

I thought he had the same gentlemen agreement with Napoli Lavezzi had. 2 years ago Lavezzi promissed to stay one more year, last summer Cavani did the same...

People keep comparing Cavani and Falcao. For me, it is a win win...Whoever we choose.

Cavani did not promise to remain one more year......rather, he got a clause now of 60 million! but I think if we will not win the championship, he will hear all offers!

Liverpool might be shit..but Suarez is the only senior striker at the club...and he's clearly the best player at the club, they won't sell him.

They might have no choice soon enough, a player of that calibre will not accept no CL football for years on end, especially his peak years unless he seriously lacks any sort of ambition.

Liverpool have two season's maximum to get Champions League or Suarez will be gone.

Why all the fuss on Cavani all of a sudden?

I thought he had the same gentlemen agreement with Napoli Lavezzi had. 2 years ago Lavezzi promissed to stay one more year, last summer Cavani did the same...

People keep comparing Cavani and Falcao. For me, it is a win win...Whoever we choose.

I actually don't really want either of them right now.Chelsea have to sort out a system and then find a striker who fits that system. Right now, we are still finding our way and are having trouble creating opportunities against decent squads. We have to figure out-are we a team that plays through balls to our striker? Are we a team that crosses into the box? Are we a team that uses our striker to hold the ball up for the midfield? Do we want a powerful striker to win headers? Right now, we're playing in a system that no striker would flourish in. Eventually, RDM will figure it out and then we should buy a big-name striker but to spend 40-50M on a striker that might not be right for our system is insane.

However, if we were to buy a striker, Cavani would be a much better bet than Falcao. Falcao is a top-class finisher, but he's never going to be a fit for whatever style Chelsea are building. The entire Athletico Madrid attack is geared towards setting up Falcao. Falcao has double the shots that any other teammate has. On the other hand, Cavani doesn't even have the most shots on his team. Whoscored.com analyses how teams play. Here are their descriptions of how Chelsea play:

• Attack through the middle
  • Take long shots
  • Control the game in the opposition's half
  • Short passes

Very accurate. And their description of how Atletico Madrid play

• Attacking down the left
  • Atempt crosses often
  • Take a lot of shots

A very different style. They use width and they cross the ball all the time into Falcao. It's the perfect system for him. The way we play is just not suited to him. We tend to get the ball to our striker is fairly static positions in the middle or on the wing. Falcao is not someone who is going to create their own chance very often and his crossing is extremely limited. Napoli play a through-ball sort of game which is very likely the direction we are going in but as I said earlier, I don't see a system that Cavani wouldn't excel in.

@TorontoChelsea, you are seeing the players as unadaptable and you are being one dimensional.

I agree with all your complements on Cavani, but I think you are underestimating Falcao`s ability. If you look at his playing style on Porto, it was very similar to what we need and what we had with Drogba (when he was young and had a better mobility). He can pass, create space to our attacking trio and he is a big threat insede the box (a fear that Torres does not provide). In Atletico, he changed his way to fit Diego Simeone`s team (which does suits him better). I am sure he can understtand what RDM wants and do it just right though (he`s got the talent to do so). He wont get as many chances, but we dont need him to score 40 goals. If we have a striker that scores 25-30 goals we are more than fine. Atletico has pretty much only Falcao to rely on, we have got way more than him.

Once you buy a 40-50mi players, you are expected to make some adjustments to suit him better. Have said that, it is not like we will change our style completely; but we will cross a bit more, etc. We see our squad as a strikeless tactical team because we dont have one, so we dont use those types of play. With a ddecent striker, MAZACAR will be more than able to fit them in.

So as I said, the attacking end of the field does not worry me. However, Cavani`s defensive role impresses me. Falcao on the other hand...Cavani is 3 years younger also...

In the end, Cavani has the edge.

I said it is a win win situation because we will never be able to prove our point of view. If Cavani comes, it will work. If Falcao comes, I also think it will work.

Of course you can make the argument that if it were to be Cavani he could have created 10 more goals and provided more defensive stability than Falcao, but we would be so happy that we would not even care (vice-versa).

The final case is, they will both be such an upgrade that we will drastically improve with either one.

I actually don't really want either of them right now.Chelsea have to sort out a system and then find a striker who fits that system. Right now, we are still finding our way and are having trouble creating opportunities against decent squads. We have to figure out-are we a team that plays through balls to our striker? Are we a team that crosses into the box? Are we a team that uses our striker to hold the ball up for the midfield? Do we want a powerful striker to win headers? Right now, we're playing in a system that no striker would flourish in. Eventually, RDM will figure it out and then we should buy a big-name striker but to spend 40-50M on a striker that might not be right for our system is insane.

However, if we were to buy a striker, Cavani would be a much better bet than Falcao. Falcao is a top-class finisher, but he's never going to be a fit for whatever style Chelsea are building. The entire Athletico Madrid attack is geared towards setting up Falcao. Falcao has double the shots that any other teammate has. On the other hand, Cavani doesn't even have the most shots on his team. Whoscored.com analyses how teams play. Here are their descriptions of how Chelsea play:

• Attack through the middle

• Take long shots

• Short passes

Very accurate. And their description of how Atletico Madrid play

• Attacking down the left

• Atempt crosses often

• Take a lot of shots

A very different style. They use width and they cross the ball all the time into Falcao. It's the perfect system for him. The way we play is just not suited to him. We tend to get the ball to our striker is fairly static positions in the middle or on the wing. Falcao is not someone who is going to create their own chance very often and his crossing is extremely limited. Napoli play a through-ball sort of game which is very likely the direction we are going in but as I said earlier, I don't see a system that Cavani wouldn't excel in.

What do you mean by you don't see a system cavani wouldn't excel in ? have you seen him play for his national team ? he is shit compared to what he does in Napoli.

What do you mean by you don't see a system cavani wouldn't excel in ? have you seen him play for his national team ? he is shit compared to what he does in Napoli.

So are most players when it comes to comparing national team form to club form, solely based on International form would Messi and Ronaldo be considered the best two in the world? especially by the considerable distance they are currently.

I dont understand this argument that Falcao can't fit in cause we don't cross much. If Mata and Oscar actually had decent targets they would cross for sure. Mata and Oscar have exceptional crossing ability, especially Mata. If anything I would prefer a dominant heading striker because otherwise it'd be wayyy too easy to park the bus against us.

So are most players when it comes to comparing national team form to club form, solely based on International form would Messi and Ronaldo be considered the best two in the world? especially by the considerable distance they are currently.

there is a difference between not playing as will as you do in your club and being pure shit which is Cavani's case, he hadn't even score any goal in the olympics.

there is a difference between not playing as will as you do in your club and being pure shit which is Cavani's case, he hadn't even score any goal in the olympics.

And Brasil lost the Olympics with Neymar, Hulk, Damiao, Romulo, Oscar, Pato, Thiago Silva, Rafael, Sandro, Juan Jesus, Marcelo, Lucas Moura and Ganso. I suppose they are shit too.

Spain crashed out with: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Mata, Javi Martínez, Jordi Alba, Adrian, Muniain. Isco, Oriol Romeu and Inigo. I suppose they ate even more shit.

And Cavani is played on the wing for Uruguay. Would you expect Falcao to score tons of goals for Colombia if he was played on the wing?

I dont understand this argument that Falcao can't fit in cause we don't cross much. If Mata and Oscar actually had decent targets they would cross for sure. Mata and Oscar have exceptional crossing ability, especially Mata. If anything I would prefer a dominant heading striker because otherwise it'd be wayyy too easy to park the bus against us.

They don't cross because crossing means you have to play on the wing and our midfielder play much more centrally.

Falcao is the best striker in the 18 yard box. When the ball is with him there, he knows what to do more dan anyone.

But cavani can rotate with our players, just like he did with hamsik and lavezi, and still score goals.

Cavani also plays anywhere across the strikers just like in uruguay.

I watched his movement when napoli played against us and he was magnificent, he alerts his teammates exactly where he wants the ball, not shy of shouting. he is also a large striker of drogba's size so it is easy for poor passers like luiz and ramires to find him with ease.

Peter cech also is scared to pass from the back and normally hits long balls. Cavani is large and will win more aerial balls for sure.

Falcao is a better finisher, but cavani's finishing is no joke, make no mistake about it.

Cavani can also help in defending corners, freekicks just as drogba.

Especially as right now we have a lot of short pple in our team.

Overall I know falcao will solve the problem of torres allowing defenders to catch up to him when put through on goal and finishing chances. But I think I want cavani more, he looks more complete and would solve our problems more

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You