Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Don't you want success? Or do you want to languish and settle for 4th every season like arsenal/spurs who are 'well run' clubs without billionaire backers like Chelsea

It's never stopped Roman before why now?

Of course I want success, but why should we pay 60million and 200k/week for Cavani when we can wait for the summer and spend 45million and 110k/week?

The only reason I think Falcao would be a good deal is because he will go for the buy-out clause anyways...

P.S: See my edited post!

If one compares Cavani to Falcao basically the same amount of money for both, then I personally would go for Falcao.

Falcao has better killer instinct in scoring goals, I feel.

As for Chelsea spending over 60m € it´ll depend on FFP rules. If the team can adhere to these rules, Roman won´t hesitate to buy.

He would be perfect, absolutely perfect - I would personally prefer him ahead of Falcao, but doubt we are actually trying to sign him right now. To me he is the closes striker to Drogba we could possibly sign and has at least 7 - 8 more years of top class football ahead of him.

Can't believe they would turn down 45m, that's too much money.

It is not about the money, they want him to stay until the end of the season because with him there Napoli has a decent shot of winning something.

In August he will probably be sold for the same price or even less...

It is not about the money, they want him to stay until the end of the season because with him there Napoli has a decent shot of winning something.

In August he will probably be sold for the same price or even less...

More likely to be less, what are the chances of any team offering that amount again? probably not that high.

• 2 weeks later...

Cavani is pure class. Plays with that 'my shit don't stink' swagger that some players are born with and very few can pull off. Cavani is the later but earlier I did hear a rumour on SS2 that Athletico Madrid are looking to put a bid in for him in replacement of Falcao. When they sell Falcao they will certainly have the readies.

Cavani is pure class. Plays with that 'my shit don't stink' swagger that some players are born with and very few can pull off. Cavani is the later but earlier I did hear a rumour on SS2 that Athletico Madrid are looking to put a bid in for him in replacement of Falcao. When they sell Falcao they will certainly have the readies.

Don't see that happening at all. Athletico can't even afford to keep Falcao. They'll settle for some cheaper striker as his replacement. Cavani's agent is quoted as saying "I’m sure there are clubs ready to pay that [63 million euro buy-out clause] in the summer, but only five clubs in the world can afford to do that - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain."

Don't see that happening at all. Athletico can't even afford to keep Falcao. They'll settle for some cheaper striker as his replacement. Cavani's agent is quoted as saying "I’m sure there are clubs ready to pay that [63 million euro buy-out clause] in the summer, but only five clubs in the world can afford to do that - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain."

We are still his best option.

Barcelona plays with no striker and to be Messi's second option is like not playing at all. Real Madrid wants Falcao really bad, so they will not focus on him (at first). ManCity has 4 top strikers already. PSG has Ibra for 2 more years.

Cavani + Ba = :wank2:

He'd be an absolutely class player. If we manage to offload Torres in the summer and make a big signing him or Falcao are the only two players we should be aiming to bring here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You