Edinson Cavani

CFC58

What now?

1. They wont sell in January because he's their best player and he's important for them to achive their goals.

2. They wont sell in January because they can sell him in the summer for the same price or even more, and prepare to the new situation like a normal club.

3. Chelsea and other clubs dont want to buy him in the summer for he's price? good for them, Athletico will have him for another season.

4. They need the money because they poor? so they'll sell for a bit less. Im pretty sure someone will take this average striker..

Athletico's management needs to be realy retarded to fuck this up (and its pretty much the same with Napoli and Cavani).

Replaying to your stats:

1. January has 31 days. Enough to find and buy new good striker. If they do that, they would sell for their asking price.

2. If their asking price is lets say 50mio and we offer it, they would sell. Besides us, who can buy him? Real is off the race, Mou said they dont buy Atletico players. Barca is not going to buy him, as their coach said. United is filled with strikers, so is City. PSG bought Ibrahimovic and not Ibra, not Falcao wants to share the spot. Zenit spend huge in summer, cant see them buying another 50mio player. Besides if Falcao would want to go there, I find lack of ambition in him and wouldnt want him here then. I believe he would play for big club or stay in Atletico. So if we offer the asking price, they find replacement, why wouldnt they sell him to only realistic buyer? In summer we could go after Cavani or someone else, maybe Atletico because of their financial issues wouldnt want to risk and sell player for cheaper price in summer.

3. Well if there will be no buyers to match his price, even us (and I believe if Roman wants him, he will go with max amount that he is prepare to pay for him in january, not in summer. We lack of in form striker NOW, not in summer), then he will stay.

4. They bought him for 35mio, they know he is wanted, they will want max of his value. We match 50mio, while other buyers never show real interest, they wont sell? Its Atletico, not some that could lose titles because of that sale.

The only three questions are this:

1. Will Roman give 50mio for Falcao? Does the board realy wants to buy striker in January?

2. If Atletico thinks they can win europa league again, will they sell Falcao?

3. Will Atletico find replacement for Falcao? (if they do, second question has no importance anymore)

IF Atletico gets Chicarito or Huntelaar in january, and we offer them 50mio for Falcao, Atletico will sell him. Period.

Replaying to your stats:

1. January has 31 days. Enough to find and buy new good striker. If they do that, they would sell for their asking price.

2. If their asking price is lets say 50mio and we offer it, they would sell. Besides us, who can buy him? Real is off the race, Mou said they dont buy Atletico players. Barca is not going to buy him, as their coach said. United is filled with strikers, so is City. PSG bought Ibrahimovic and not Ibra, not Falcao wants to share the spot. Zenit spend huge in summer, cant see them buying another 50mio player. Besides if Falcao would want to go there, I find lack of ambition in him and wouldnt want him here then. I believe he would play for big club or stay in Atletico. So if we offer the asking price, they find replacement, why wouldnt they sell him to only realistic buyer? In summer we could go after Cavani or someone else, maybe Atletico because of their financial issues wouldnt want to risk and sell player for cheaper price in summer.

3. Well if there will be no buyers to match his price, even us (and I believe if Roman wants him, he will go with max amount that he is prepare to pay for him in january, not in summer. We lack of in form striker NOW, not in summer), then he will stay.

4. They bought him for 35mio, they know he is wanted, they will want max of his value. We match 50mio, while other buyers never show real interest, they wont sell? Its Atletico, not some that could lose titles because of that sale.

The only three questions are this:

1. Will Roman give 50mio for Falcao? Does the board realy wants to buy striker in January?

2. If Atletico thinks they can win europa league again, will they sell Falcao?

3. Will Atletico find replacement for Falcao? (if they do, second question has no importance anymore)

IF Atletico gets Chicarito or Huntelaar in january, and we offer them 50mio for Falcao, Atletico will sell him. Period.

Atletico payed above 40m for Falcao. I don't think you understand Atletico situation, you have them confused with Porto or something. They are not running Porto "buy low sell high" transfer policy. They used the Aguero money to buy an equal striker to be more competitive, he has every bit replaced him and has been sensational for them. They didn't pay 45m intending to sell him at higher value, because who pays that much thinking about profiting off a future transfer? Persoanlly think the best they can do is do a little better then break even.

They simply brought Falcao to win, and they are doing quite well and built their team around him. You are also undervaluing CL football, CL will bring the club additional revenue and also makes them more attractive in attempting to sign better players. So A.Madrid has a lot to lose if their best player is gone.

I beleive Falcao will force Alti hand eventually, maybe in the summer who knows.

Atletico payed above 40m for Falcao. I don't think you understand Atletico situation, you have them confused with Porto or something. They are not running Porto "buy low sell high" transfer policy. They used the Aguero money to buy an equal striker to be more competitive, he has every bit replaced him and has been sensational for them. They didn't pay 45m intending to sell him at higher value, because who pays that much thinking about profiting off a future transfer? Persoanlly think the best they can do is do a little better then break even.

They simply brought Falcao to win, and they are doing quite well and built their team around him. You are also undervaluing CL football, CL will bring the club additional revenue and also makes them more attractive in attempting to sign better players. So A.Madrid has a lot to lose if their best player is gone.

I beleive Falcao will force Alti hand eventually, maybe in the summer who knows.

This is so true. This season is Atletico's best chance of qualifying for the UCL since 08/09...losing Falcao in January would end their chances of finishing 3rd or 4th in La Liga.

I'd say the exact opposite. Cavani is a well-rounded player who would, I think, succeed in any system. Falcao is a system #9. He's a fantastic finisher, but that's all he does. He doesn't contribute defensively, he doesn't pass well, he doesn't dribble past players. He has a nose for the net and he gets service and he finishes well with his head and his feet. Cavani can pass the ball long, he is very good defensively, he's great at holding the ball up, he can beat his man 1 on 1, and he has a very flexible game. And it's not like he's not a fantastic finisher either. He'd be a much better fit for Chelsea than Falcao.

Completely agree. Falcao is deadly once he gets in penalty area, while Cavani also has very good passing abilities (in Napoli, Hamšik, Cavani and Lavezzi were passing the ball alot), his vision is also very good for a striker. Defo, he is more similar to RVP in his style rather to Falcao. We all know Cech likes to pass long balls and Cavani would catch them much easier than Falcao. Just because Falcao wins many headers from crosses and scores goals, jumping in middle of field and keeping possesion is something he cant do. Cavani is also year younger and wouldnt be unders such pressure like Falcao. And IF Falcao came here, he would want to be star man, while Hazard, Mata will also play big role and might not like to be behind Falcao. But then again, we have plenty of creativity, and once ball goes to Falcao, his movement/dribbling to out-mark his opponent defenders is incredible. In the end, striker shall score goals and as long he does, there would be no complaint.

Both are classy strikers, each has advantages and weaknesses, but until one will come and play, all our talk is plain guessing who would fit better. I would be happy with anyone of the two, as long he would score goals.

For me i would like to see us sign any of these guys to replace Torres.

1. Neymar (even though its highly unlikely)

2. Lewandowski

3. Falcao

4. Higuain

5. Benzema

then after that you have the 2nd tier strikers like Cavani, Dzeko, Gomez, Hunterlaar ect

For me i would like to see us sign any of these guys to replace Torres.

1. Neymar (even though its highly unlikely)

2. Lewandowski

3. Falcao

4. Higuain

5. Benzema

then after that you have the 2nd tier strikers like Cavani, Dzeko, Gomez, Hunterlaar ect

2nd tier strikers? you rate neymar and Lewandowski as better strikers then cavani and gomez? jesus christ.

My personal impression is that if we will not win the championship, Cavani will left Naples...and Chelsea is one of Cavani favourite team. I can assure you! We hear about some rumors in summer, but that was only surveys.

2nd tier strikers? you rate neymar and Lewandowski as better strikers then cavani and gomez? jesus christ.

what do you think?

Lewandowski and Neymar would be a million times better than Gomez and Cavani leading our line! its hilarious for anyone to even think otherwise! Gomez isnt even Bayerns 1st choice striker!

what do you think?

Lewandowski and Neymar would be a million times better than Gomez and Cavani leading our line! its hilarious for anyone to even think otherwise! Gomez isnt even Bayerns 1st choice striker!

Are you actually taking the piss?!

I agree, few points though...

1. Atletico bought Falcao for 40mi EUROS, the buyout clause is 47mi POUNDS. That is the price we would have eventually to pay.

2. Buy-out clause, Atletico cant do anything. Onyl if Falcao promisses to stay.

3. UEFA is pressuring Atletico saying it will block any tournament prizes it receives if they dont sort their finances.

4. Radamel would make lot more money and would play on KO of UCL.

4. Falcao has the final decision. Probably the only option to AM is to convince him to stay.

5. As you can see, Atletico is in a delicade situation, they dont have much bargain since his contrat is low and would have to rely on his word.

EDIT: I dont know why I posted in Cavani threat, can someone move it to Falcao?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You