Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Mate, Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid can afford 63m. But the problem is FFP and the fact it isn't exactly wise to pay all of that on 1 player, when most likely there's other positions to fill. Napoli asking for it all in 1 payment doesn't make things any better. Also in Madrid's case, Perez said they can pay any amount for a player, as long as he's able to make that money in shirt sales etc - but can Cavani do that? certainly not on the level of other top players.

Anyway i can understand ADL's approach, it's the same Spurs will do for Madrid in regards to Bale, because no team wants to lose their star player easily.

He's got everything you want from a striker ! Shots, pace, that physical presence, holds up play, work rate EVERYTHING !!

He's a more complete striker than Torres ever was !! And we dished out 50mill for him.... no reason why we it would be bad if we equaled that fee

Mate, Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid can afford 63m. But the problem is FFP and the fact it isn't exactly wise to pay all of that on 1 player, when most likely there's other positions to fill. Napoli asking for it all in 1 payment doesn't make things any better. Also in Madrid's case, Perez said they can pay any amount for a player, as long as he's able to make that money in shirt sales etc - but can Cavani do that? certainly not on the level of other top players.

Anyway i can understand ADL's approach, it's the same Spurs will do for Madrid in regards to Bale, because no team wants to lose their star player easily.

finally someone that understand what i'm saying

if we get and spend 50 or ever 63 millions (for buy new players and pay their salaries), the team will be weaker than actual team designed on cavani

Actually, I don't think that FFP is that big of a problem, because if we were to sign Cavani for 63M on a say, 5 year contract, the transfer fee could be amortised over the 5 years, so the expense for this year would be only around 12.6M, which is not that much for a club like us.

Actually, I don't think that FFP is that big of a problem, because if we were to sign Cavani for 63M on a say, 5 year contract, the transfer fee could be amortised over the 5 years, so the expense for this year would be only around 12.6M, which is not that much for a club like us.

Even if we did buy him for €70m in one payment (lol), all Chelsea have to do when they reflect it in their accounts is amortise it over the period of his contract, which would be €14m + wages if over 5 years, like you said. Same with Real or City. They could easily afford it if they really wanted to.

Even if we did buy him for €70m in one payment (lol), all Chelsea have to do when they reflect it in their accounts is amortise it over the period of his contract, which would be €14m + wages if over 5 years, like you said. Same with Real or City. They could easily afford it if they really wanted to.

Yeah, I think we could easily pay that 63M, we just don't want to.

I think its more that Chelsea dont want to be a pushover in all transfers and pay extra just because Roman is the owner.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You