Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I think i already said this earlier, Cavani is not joining Madrid.

Madrid arent after strikers.

Cavani to chelsea as far as im concerned will happen.

Heavily linked with Lewandoski and Cavani, also with Higuain leaving they'll need someone to compete or be back up to Benzema.

Heavily linked with Lewandoski and Cavani, also with Higuain leaving they'll need someone to compete or be back up to Benzema.

Doubt they would spend £40-£50m on a back up. If Suarez/Cavani come, Benzema will be the back up/rotated striker

Doubt they would spend £40-£50m on a back up. If Suarez/Cavani come, Benzema will be the back up/rotated striker

Thats what I meant. They'll sign a striker, either Suarez/Cavani/Lewandoski, and they'll compete with Benzema, more then likely they'll start because Benzema was poor for alot of last season.

I think i already said this earlier, Cavani is not joining Madrid.

Madrid arent after strikers.

Cavani to chelsea as far as im concerned will happen.

As far as you were concerned Real Madrid weren't going to get rid of Nuri Sahin and weren't after Modric to replace him. How did that work out exactly? ;)

Punto Pelota, your "reliable" source for the Cavani news claimed for months that Falcao to Chelsea was a done deal. Enough said.

@ Jype Different type of source origination, so you have no substantial argument there.

Specially when no source even El Confidencial ever always get their stuff right.

Also the Rumor it self doesnt contain specifications that i find to be far from the reality as i predict thats how much will be paid.

REAL MADRID ARE NOT AFTER STRIKERS.

Benzema will be given a chance to start in Real Madrid.

Zidane as second coach along with ancelotti will both work to try to help benzema get back on form and even further.

Fly Emirates and Zidane have both had influential parts in this.

Also Perez has clearly stated in a recent interviews that you cant have two people of near quality competing like Higuain and Benzema.

Albeit not always true i think we all understand their point.

Alvaro Morata has been doing very good and he won Euro 21 golden boot, its been all over the media, specially El Confidencial that Real Madrid will give both Jese and Morata opportunities.

And it is widely seen and interpreted this way by all spanish media. Thats why punto pelota didnt even mention Cavani to madrid today in any way.

Enough said? Those were hypothesis of mine, that you probably took out of context as well.

I felt nuri had what it took to stay here but Mourinho thought other wise, and clearly it was a mistake from him to aquire Nuri because as he figured out, coupled with his injury, Nuri didnt have the defensive abilities needed to play with khedira specially while injured. With alonso exausted from playing almost every game, and also getting older, i predicted he wouldnt have left, and it would have been the right thing still to this day, but it didnt happen. not my fault if you misunderstood my context, you should have asked if doubtful. Now Nuri is probably not going to come back because i predict that he could be used in the deal for gundogan(next season), which i do believe is true because of El Confidencial's coverage of it, among others.

Surprises me you go back to remember things that serve as irrelevant, you have literally pointed out nothing real, uve made a mistake. Thats all im saying in the cavani thread to this. PM if you have questions.

Oh and also, i never implied Punto Pelota was reliable under the context you are trying to paint, you misundertsood my statement about Daily Star apparently.

As far as im concerned Daily Star is mostly tabloid and i would never trust them over a plethora of more historically reliable sources.

Or common sense because if chelsea are really after cavani, they know 40 million is asinine.

Oh and Shane, Lewandowski is not linked with Madrid either, he will join bayern as that is his preference. next season that is.

I'd prefer spending 50 million on Cavani than 30 million on Looney :ph34r:

Anyway I'd want to see Lukaku as first choice if we can't secure Cavani/Lewa and sign someone like Remy/Bentake to rotate with him and Ba

Even if its not my money, I still think 63 million euros for Cavani is seriously inflated. I like that the fact that we are not willing to pay more than 40 million pounds. The money might not come from my cheque account but doesn't mean that I want my club to be taken advantage of. I hope Chelsea offer what they think his worth and if Napoli don't like they can go f*** themselves.

^ Hi im Rafa Benitez

Its nothing personal son of a bitch.

Since Chelsea has not much more momentum strikers to lead the line (if any other) in their sight, Cavani imo will be a matter of days.

Here are some stats.

Some stats on Cavani.

In Serie A Cavani had 33 Apps and scored 29 goals, 4 assists, and received EIGHT yellow cards.

In all competitions hes had 41 Apps and 36 goals with 6 assists and Thirteen yellow cards.

His passing rate is 79 Percent which is good for a forward. Normally it is the players who play the more safe passes in the center back positions who get the highest percentage in this area.

In that respect he has a better overall stats sheet than lewandoski, falcao, for example for the 12/13 season, this is considering though that Falcao started like a rocket and decreased a little bit, lewandowski was as concurrent as cavani as far as im concerned.

He gets a healthy average of below 1 offsides per game. Only lewandowski has less with 0.8 in the quick search comparison ive made.

He also has a good a very healthy dispossession stat. Falcao and Lewandowski receieved practically 2 more per game. And is also better in the turnovers.

Also has atleast 1 long ball per game.

Cavani is the most inform striker in europe, has great passing and can score with the head, long shots, tap in, etc, and can really hold his own with the ball not getting dispossed. He is good against offside traps, and he also has good work ethic.

He also has two good feet and great positional awareness being able to move around the box.

Hes a healthy striker this man. Many other clubs would go after him if they really needed him, and im surprised i havent heard about them going for him as strongly.

Despite the price, chelsea is going to acquire ( if he does arrive) the world's top striker of 12/13.

If we get this guy i hope we sell Torres, otherwise i doubt Lukaku will get much of a chance. I don't see us dropping two 50 million pound strikers on huge wages for a supposed youngster (even though he proved his worth last year...). Next season i want Lukaku to be our backup striker, this will give him enough games to prove himself.

Cavani (29 goals in Serie A Last season), Lukaku (17 goals in PL) and Ba (13 goals in PL) will be a great going into next season.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You