Edinson Cavani

CFC58

If my sources are correct at all then a very possible reality is that...

Cavani will transfer for 58 million euros with a salary of 10 million.

Torres could follow Benitez, but i dont know about that.

Can you tell us your sources?

Can you tell us your sources?

Spanish Corporation Interconomia's Punto Pelota. ( tv discussion program)

If i could give you the link if i could but they were having a discussion an hour ago about a higher up in the deal i think from the napoli side of things, referring to this.

i wouldnt doubt it. ( that the deal is close to these numbers.)

Anyways, cavani will have to do a tremendous job to live up to this money. The lack of many other choices only makes it easier for napoli to put such a ridiculous price tag.

Imagine Mata, Oscar, Lamps are out, we face a big fish in the CL and simply decide to sit back and field a

Defense

---------David Luiz------

----Ramires----KDB

Hazard--Cavani--Schürrle

lineup. The counter-attacking prowess of that team can bury any opponent as soon as they lose the ball. David Luiz can make one of his mega aggressive tackles to hand us the ball when we have no right to get. KDB and Ramires can easily break through the midfield, Hazard and Schürrle will race to give Cavani a tap in.

Wrong, if you face a big fish like Bayern or Juventus, youd probably get R@PED with a line up like that.

Specially if you face A

Martinez-Schweinsteiger

Kroos

Or Dortmund's pressing....

People shouldnt just jump to conclusions that De Bruyne at the moment has any where near the mastery to be able to play in such a position with enough class to be relevant, and him and david luiz would probably get pressed and submitted into oblivion specially with the doubtful maneuverability and passing of luiz at midfield which is not good when pressed by such midfields.

The team would fall under a great threat to be disjointed and put into submission just like madrid was against dortmund in the 4-1.

In any case, chelsea wouldnt be favorites to win, far less capable of burying any big fish at that.

Plus with bayern you face people like dante, lahm and alaba in the backline, and the most fearsome midfield in the world imo.

Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal...

Chelsea needs a real midfield not auxillary luiz, or untested, de bruyne.

Also, let me drop something about good old gonzalo higuain in this thread.

I think that 58 million euros for example for someone like cavani is a disgrace.

Im not in total control of the numbers of chelsea and how much the money for cavani would impede the introduction of other players but...

If i had to build a team, i wouldnt take cavani. Too expensive.

Higuain was never given the right spot to shine in madrid considering Benzema and him exchanged, and ronaldo was the focal point.

But his whole game would be more than enough to reach the same numbers as cavani at the very least from what ive seen.

Benzema reached better numbers in 11/12 than cavani did in 12/13.

Stats arent everything, and cavani has alot of great assets, but if i were to build a team and buy a few midfielders and a striker, id maybe take higuain instead.

Too bad higuain doesnt come from a similar season, or else i think hed be under more consideration.

In a well built team, where he has a good leading presense, him and a good enough fernando torres would be more than enough imo.

Sorry, man Higuain is garbage. It's very funny watching Madrid fans try to convince themselves Higuain is great so that they believe they'll get a good price for him all the while being exultant that he is going to be replaced by a much better player.

perminant retainers amps" post="708418" timestamp="1372206362"]

Imagine Mata, Oscar, Lamps are out, we face a big fish in the CL and simply decide to sit back and field a

Defense

---------David Luiz------

----Ramires----KDB

Hazard--Cavani--Schürrle

lineup. The counter-attacking prowess of that team can bury any opponent as soon as they lose the ball. David Luiz can make one of his mega aggressive tackles to hand us the ball when we have no right to get. KDB and Ramires can easily break through the midfield, Hazard and Schürrle will race to give Cavani a tap in. lol. KDB over Mikel, Oscar and Mata in a big game. Talk about new signing hype. As things stand right now, Kdb and Shurluer will not start over anyone we currently have. Maybe Schuler at RW

Sorry, man Higuain is garbage. It's very funny watching Madrid fans try to convince themselves Higuain is great so that they believe they'll get a good price for him all the while being exultant that he is going to be replaced by a much better player.

One: Higuain isnt garbage.

Two: Dont Generalize or else you cant be taken seriously

Three: If you mean benzema ( Perez and Zidane have made it clear Benzema and Morata will be our 2 strikers, any rumors of suarez or cavani are false, no one else is joining) He did well in 11/12 but he still has stuff to prove, and has to do even better, if he does badly this season, he is out imo, maybe for suarez despite his attitude and image problems.

If you want to generalize, if u made a poll, benzema would win over higuain anyways in the eyes of madrid fans.

My point is that if you give higuain a chance im sure he could do very well. If cavani is better, hes not nearly 40 millions better lol.

A good team around him, and higuain can flourish well imo.

Thats all im saying here, if u want to talk more about higuain reply to me in the higuain thread.

Sigh. I'm sick of reading about how every other striker not named Cavani or Lewandowski is "not good enough" for Chelsea. It would be very nice if one of those players join, but if it's not possible the club has to look at other options. And there are quite a few good strikers out there - it's not just about the name and how much they cost, it's all about production and if they can improve the team.

Man utd signed Chicarito from nowhere and he's easily one of the best strikers in the premier league. Bayern won the treble with Mandzukic and his sexy tap-ins etc etc.

Sigh. I'm sick of reading about how every other striker not named Cavani or Lewandowski is "not good enough" for Chelsea. It would be very nice if one of those players join, but if it's not possible the club has to look at other options. And there are quite a few good strikers out there - it's not just about the name and how much they cost, it's all about production and if they can improve the team.

Man utd signed Chicarito from nowhere and he's easily one of the best strikers in the premier league. Bayern won the treble with Mandzukic and his sexy tap-ins etc etc.

I don't get it either, but I can understand it when people say 50 million is too big an amount to pay. The Italian club looks like its inflating his transfer value to maximize their profits,...even the player himself has admitted he's not worth that much.

One: Higuain isnt garbage.

Two: Dont Generalize or else you cant be taken seriously

Three: If you mean benzema ( Perez and Zidane have made it clear Benzema and Morata will be our 2 strikers, any rumors of suarez or cavani are false, no one else is joining) He did well in 11/12 but he still has stuff to prove, and has to do even better, if he does badly this season, he is out imo, maybe for suarez despite his attitude and image problems.

If you want to generalize, if u made a poll, benzema would win over higuain anyways in the eyes of madrid fans.

My point is that if you give higuain a chance im sure he could do very well. If cavani is better, hes not nearly 40 millions better lol.

A good team around him, and higuain can flourish well imo.

Thats all im saying here, if u want to talk more about higuain reply to me in the higuain thread.

This. Haven't we learned nothing of the Torres buy? You don't have to spend that much money on one player; it is uncertain that he will produce, and you can buy a really good striker for about 33% of those asking prices.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You