Edinson Cavani

CFC58

i listened to that, all i got from it was that he doesnt think we will pay the buyout.

He realy said nothing new, and he certainly havent said something like "Chelsea have lost intrest in Cavani". i dont know how they put that headline.

He said:

1. He thinks Real ang PSG will enter the race now.

2. He havent got a confermation for our 58m deal.

3. Saying that Radio station isnt like Chelsea TV that what they are saying is the voice of the club, another thing we knew.

4. Madrid had a bid on him.

5. PSG agreed personal terms with him weeks/months ago, but didnt made a bid.

boring.

He realy said nothing new, and he certainly havent said something like "Chelsea have lost intrest in Cavani". i dont know how they put that headline.

He said:

1. He thinks Real ang PSG will enter the race now.

2. He havent got a confermation for our 58m deal.

3. Saying that Radio station isnt like Chelsea TV that what they are saying is the voice of the club, another thing we knew.

4. Madrid had a bid on him.

5. PSG agreed personal terms with him weeks/months ago, but didnt made a bid.

boring.

yeh the headline was so misleading. i couldnt fuckin hear anythin remotely close to "chelsea pull out" when i listened

Cavani to Chelsea rumours raise suspicions

The latest shots have been fired in the battle for the signature of Edinson Cavani, with SSC Napoli's official radio station announcing that a fee has been agreed with Chelsea over a move to Stamford Bridge and that personal terms have also been settled.

The curious element of this salvo is that Radio Marte has cited a "very reliable source" for their information, which automatically casts a pall of doubt over the veracity of the story. Either the story is true or it is not, which therefore begs a number of questions.

- Chelsea agree Cavani deal - report

If Radio Marte is indeed the Serie A club's official radio station, why are they not using a direct quote from, say, president Aurelio De Laurentiis? If an official quote from a named representative from Napoli is not available, why are Radio Marte dealing with what at best appears to be conjecture? And if the story is true despite the shadowy nature of the source, why has no other media outlet independently confirmed it to be the case?

Most major football clubs these days have a media mouthpiece. It can come in the shape of an in-house television station such as Chelsea TV or a newspaper that is directly influenced by the higher echelons of the club's executive, such as Real Madrid's hold over Marca in Spain. What they all have in common is that they are always decidedly "on-message" and can act as either a source of official information or as means of communicating a form of corporate propaganda into the wider world.

With Manchester City having formally pulled out of the race to sign the Uruguay international and Real Madrid having yet to make a bid for the player, a cynic might suggest that this latest "development" is merely a way of prompting other interested parties into action in an attempt to maximise the revenue they hope to receive from selling the player.

For their part, Chelsea generally refuse to comment on transfer speculation until it is made official, hence their silence on this matter speaks volumes.

Of course, that is not to say that Cavani will not end up in West London. But before anyone gets too excited, it is worth remembering all the unnamed sources that stated a few months ago that a deal to bring Radamel Falcao to Stamford Bridge was done and dusted.

Attributable quotes are the first step towards confirming the authenticity of a potential transfer deal, and there has yet to be one. If Cavani does join Chelsea there will be genuine cause for celebration, but until then the champagne should be kept on ice.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You