La Liga Thread

Steve

Lionel Messi

600 senior appearances

469 goals (420 for Barcelona, 49 for Argentina)

185 assists (156 for Barcelona, 29 for Argentina)

Most wonderful of all, stats alone don't do him justice.

It's the consistency that kills me. He's been among the elite in world football since 2007. Think about it. 2007! Same goes for Cristiano btw. He's been raising bars, smashing ceilings and crushing records ever since. And I still think he has six, seven years in him.

I'll curse anyone who has the audacity to injure him.

3 men are winning league for Barca so far :v

Busquets and Iniesta have say (speaking of the Clasico), irrelevant, all of these guys have been playing great. Alves, what a comeback, unbelievable and Alba continuing his great form from last season.

Still an increase seems possible, Turan and Vidal will soon be part of the group...

theyll win the treble 3 times!

Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Busquets and Iniesta have say (speaking about the Clasico), irrelevant, all of these guys have been playing great. Alves, what a comeback, unbelievable and Alba continuing his great form from last season.

Still an increase seems possible, Turan and Vidal will soon be part of the group...

Where will Turan even play?

Where will Turan even play?

Enrique will a find a place for him.

In the past he did a very good job as a problem fixer. He identified possible problems and fixed it.

Rakitic is very intelligent and alongside Busqutes doing a great job filling the holes.

Luis Suarez, one thing and one thing only, he is very selfless, the rest speaks for itself. That attitude is very important!

Maybe Vermaelen is debatable because of his injuries, but even he makes them a better team and gives them more options, cross your heart, would have you suspected that during his last Arsenal days?

Having Turan around is great, guys like Neymar play every match, yes, stars want that, that's their spirit, but sometimes they have to be rested, otherwise they can't produce the 1% more in a decisive knock out UCL game after the winter break.

Same goes for Vidal, perfect timing for bringing in a possible Alves replacement, enough time to make tests and find out whether he will be up for it.

Would have loved if Mourinho had done that.

Enrique has his problems, but tactically (take a look at their defending) and as a person, he doesn't take shit from anyone, he has his role to play.

He isn't afraid of benching Messi or criticising Neymar for showboating the opponent.

That's exactly what Barca were missing after Pep.

I'm not saying that Enrique is the best coach in the world and Chelsea should pull out the wallet, but for Barca, he is simply the man, at least that's my opinion.

Cheers.

Busquets and Iniesta have say (speaking of the Clasico), irrelevant, all of these guys have been playing great. Alves, what a comeback, unbelievable and Alba continuing his great form from last season.

Finally someone notices or at least says it. I was starting to think people were blind. He's always praised or seen as an attacking fullback but he does so much defensive work. Covering, tracking, pressing, intercepting. So many interceptions. Covering that entire left flank with his exhausting running and sprints for the full 90 min. You rarely see such an energy level. I don't particularly like him but he's good.

Finally someone notices or at least says it. I was starting to think people were blind. He's always praised or seen as an attacking fullback but he does so much defensive work. Covering, tracking, pressing, intercepting. So many interceptions. Covering that entire left flank with his exhausting running and sprints for the full 90 min. You rarely see such an energy level. I don't particularly like him but he's good.

It's not always been this way at Barca, as far as i'm concerned, some time ago he was called a headless chicken for a reason, but he has matured quickly, i point the finger at Enrique, because since the second half of 2015 he has been great.

It's not always been this way at Barca, as far as i'm concerned, some time ago he was called a headless chicken for a reason, but he has matured quickly, i point the finger at Enrique, because since the second half of 2015 he has been great.

He started off great imo. After very strong performances at Euro 2012 he joined Barca and his first season was very good. Second season was poor, didn't look very fit but that went for most players. An off year for Barca. 14/15 he was better than ever. He has a great understanding with Neymar.

The improvement of Neymar is amazing. Season after season having a great progress. He is turning in a complete attacker, he scores, dribbles, creates chances for his teammates, well on set pieces, and the improvement who most surprise me, HIS PASSING. He is already a great playmaker and every match goes better.

If continues for this way, I can't imagine who good will be him on his prime.

Lionel Messi

600 senior appearances

469 goals (420 for Barcelona, 49 for Argentina)

185 assists (156 for Barcelona, 29 for Argentina)

Most wonderful of all, stats alone don't do him justice.

It's the consistency that kills me. He's been among the elite in world football since 2007. Think about it. 2007! Same goes for Cristiano btw. He's been raising bars, smashing ceilings and crushing records ever since. And I still think he has six, seven years in him.

I'll curse anyone who has the audacity to injure him.

As long as he plays shit and doesn´t score against us i´m fine with it, he can do whatever he wants to the rest ;). He´s been lucky with injuries for most part of his career, recently he has been having issues, he´s not invincible, someday his knee might pop during a game, an accidental injury outside football or during a game and other things, same aplies to Ronaldo or any other player, it´s a risk of this sport, shit happens. One thing is certain, most of us can be glad to have witnessed Messi and Ronaldo since they were starting their careers and how long they´ve come since, they are 2 of a kind, with their scoring records and other great feats. The battle for best player in the world since 2008 until now has only been between the 2 of them ( Messi 4 Ballon D'or and Ronaldo 3 Ballon D'or), no one has matched their consistency and level of performance since 2008, it´s remarkable really, no matter which team you support or if you don´t like them, we just have to admire and give them a lot of credit, the sheer hard work and talent, the desire to become even better, we will never see players of this calibre anytime soon, Neymar and Suarez performances of late come to mind, but we´ll see how it develops and Neymar for me is the one to watch for definetely, because he´s progressing a lot and playing awesome, he will challenge Messi and Ronaldo very soon. In the meantime, it´s still Messi and Ronaldo to battle it out for who´s the best, the others will have to keep up and when they eventually give it a rest, then we will see the rise of others. Football comes in cycles, theirs will end one day to make way for a new cycle of players. Cheers

He and his agent were fucking cunts and forced a move out of Sporting, now they're paying the price of being fucking braindead. If he had stayed he would've been big. Get rekt cunt. FeelsGoodMan

/rant

i heard he's going to porto next season.. Would be good for him (he will have to fight Layun for starting place tho)

The only people that hate Suarez are the stick up the arse types.

Can't hate the 3rd best player in the world.

As long as he plays shit and doesn´t score against us i´m fine with it, he can do whatever he wants to the rest ;). He´s been lucky with injuries for most part of his career, recently he has been having issues, he´s not invincible, someday his knee might pop during a game, an accidental injury outside football or during a game and other things, same aplies to Ronaldo or any other player, it´s a risk of this sport, shit happens. One thing is certain, most of us can be glad to have witnessed Messi and Ronaldo since they were starting their careers and how long they´ve come since, they are 2 of a kind, with their scoring records and other great feats. The battle for best player in the world since 2008 until now has only been between the 2 of them ( Messi 4 Ballon D'or and Ronaldo 3 Ballon D'or), no one has matched their consistency and level of performance since 2008, it´s remarkable really, no matter which team you support or if you don´t like them, we just have to admire and give them a lot of credit, the sheer hard work and talent, the desire to become even better, we will never see players of this calibre anytime soon, Neymar and Suarez performances of late come to mind, but we´ll see how it develops and Neymar for me is the one to watch for definetely, because he´s progressing a lot and playing awesome, he will challenge Messi and Ronaldo very soon. In the meantime, it´s still Messi and Ronaldo to battle it out for who´s the best, the others will have to keep up and when they eventually give it a rest, then we will see the rise of others. Football comes in cycles, theirs will end one day to make way for a new cycle of players. Cheers

Great post! Ronaldo is amazing as well, despite hiw many people on here hate him. We're lucky to have been able to watch both of them in their prime.

Gary Neville is the new manager of Valencia until the end of season.

Well that's a surprise. TBH gonna miss his work as a pundit at Sky.

I didn´t know Nuno Espirito Santo resigned as coach of Valencia, i just read it know, i think he was a good coach who worked well with limited resources and did a great job with Rio Ave and Valencia, but it seems it wasn´t working anymore for him in Spain, goodluck to him wherever he goes. This challenge will be good for Neville, with all his knowledge about the game, it´s a good test for him, who knows, if it goes well for him he might stay at Valencia or one day manage United or another big club, we´ll see. Anyway goodluck to him, he deserves this big chance and i think he will succeed ;) Cheers