La Liga Thread

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

People here loved to say Moses was better than Neymar. That he was "afraid" of Europe "quality" defenders so thats why he stayed for so long in Brazil. That he would fail miserably (Robinho 2.0 was a famous term). Etc...

What now?

People here loved to say Moses was better than Neymar. That he was "afraid" of Europe "quality" defenders so thats why he stayed for so long in Brazil. That he would fail miserably (Robinho 2.0 was a famous term). Etc...

What now?

You should read the hazard thread....

Neymar only scores goals in friendlies. Neymar scores because of messi/suarez. Neymar would not score 15 goals a season without them.

Neymar is only a better scorer than hazard...

What now?

I wouldn't even blame them. It's easy to write off the unknown. It wasn't just here but you heard it everywhere. There have been plenty of flops but in most cases it's not because insufficient talent but for other reasons (I chose not to speculate as I don't know them). That goes for Robinho, that goes for Diego (remember him?). Immensely talented but it simply didn't work out.

What Neymar did in Brazil and South America wasn't normal, especially at such a young age. I've always been extremely impressed with his professionalism, his ability to carry a team and perform under great pressure. He's reaching a new level this season and I can only enjoy his exploits. The argument of him feeding off Messi, and Suarez to lesser extent, no longer holds water. That goal vs Villarreal is what football is about and he's been performing at a phenomenal level this season.

You should read the hazard thread....

Neymar only scores goals in friendlies. Neymar scores because of messi/suarez. Neymar would not score 15 goals a season without them.

Neymar is only a better scorer than hazard...

do have to bring your Hazard hate to every thread .. Ive read your pitiful posts there ,,,

I wouldn't even blame them. It's easy to write off the unknown. It wasn't just here but you heard it everywhere. There have been plenty of flops but in most cases it's not because insufficient talent but for other reasons (I chose not to speculate as I don't know them). That goes for Robinho, that goes for Diego (remember him?). Immensely talented but it simply didn't work out.

What Neymar did in Brazil and South America wasn't normal, especially at such a young age. I've always been extremely impressed with his professionalism, his ability to carry a team and perform under great pressure. He's reaching a new level this season and I can only enjoy his exploits. The argument of him feeding off Messi, and Suarez to lesser extent, no longer holds water. That goal vs Villarreal is what football is about and he's been simply performing at a phenomenal level this season.

It has nothing to do with writing off the unkown. One thing is to not pay attention to some 18yo that is playing in the shit Brazilian League, but its completely different to continuously try to make him look like a bad diving player even when loads of evidence that shows otherwise is presented to you. It is the simple fact his style bothers people so thats why so many wanted him to flop. Nobody likes to see someone from the oposite side do flashy dribbles, even if its just for the sake of it. It irritates people. They say its unsportsmanship but honestly its just jealousy because they cant do what he does.

Also, English fans are quite spoiled and narrow minded. They think only if somebody plays in EPL they are good enough. Fuck, I even see Messi receiving criticism because he doesnt have to deal with the 8th wonder that Premier League is. So imagine Neymar who was playing in Brazil!

But where my rage comes from is not for the fair minded criticism. Its for the stupidity I often had to deal with. People praising Joey Barton for his twitts, people saying we didnt need him cause we had Moses (lmao), saying he would move to Barcelona and then be sold after 2 seasons for bananas, etc.

The same reason why I get fired up on some of the pathetic things directed at Jose nowadays. People go way too far just because others success bothers them beyond belief.

P.S: Diego wasnt a flop imo. He had a really good carrier in Germany. He was just blatantly overlooked in Brazilian NT so thats why many discredit him overall. In terms of Brazilian flops on the last 20 years I think Robinho, Pato and Denilson top the list imo.

It has nothing to do with writing off the unkown. One thing is to not pay attention to some 18yo that is playing in the shit Brazilian League, but its completely different to continuously try to make him look like a bad diving player even when loads of evidence that shows otherwise is presented to you. It is the simple fact his style bothers people so thats why so many wanted him to flop. Nobody likes to see someone from the oposite side do flashy dribbles, even if its just for the sake of it. It irritates people. They say its unsportsmanship but honestly its just jealousy because they cant do what he does.

Also, English fans are quite spoiled and narrow minded. They think only if somebody plays in EPL they are good enough. Fuck, I even see Messi receiving criticism because he doesnt have to deal with the 8th wonder that Premier League is. So imagine Neymar who was playing in Brazil!

But where my rage comes from is not for the fair minded criticism. Its for the stupidity I often had to deal with. People praising Joey Barton for his twitts, people saying we didnt need him cause we had Moses (lmao), saying he would move to Barcelona and then be sold after 2 seasons for bananas, etc.

The same reason why I get fired up on some of the pathetic things directed at Jose nowadays. People go way too far just because others success bothers them beyond belief.

P.S: Diego wasnt a flop imo. He had a really good carrier in Germany. He was just blatantly overlooked in Brazilian NT so thats why many discredit him overall. In terms of Brazilian flops on the last 20 years I think Robinho, Pato and Denilson top the list imo.

Robinho beasting in China right now B)

I don't know why you let that stuff upset you. It will always happen. South American football is the unknown in Europe and achievements there will always be met with great skepticism in some corners.

You say Neymar's style bothers people but it brings great joy and excitement to a lot more people. For all his detractors, he had far more fans. He was already a superstar before he joined Barca. People outside Brazil/South America (myself included) watched Santos to see him in action.

Diego was great for Bremen but that's it. And that was only for a few years (I'll give him that first loan spell at Atleti). Bremen wasn't top level either. I forgot all about him before I saw him against Ajax in the EL. He should've had a top career with his talent.

Pato's not a flop imo. He came to Europe and lived up to the hype. But his poor fitness became too much of a burden. I also read about the partying but they turn a blind eye to that if you just keep performing.

Diego was ruined by Juve to an extent, the last day of the season before his transfer they were already hyping him as the new savior of Juventus (i think was in their second or first season back in top flight) the hype went on and on and on, and they had Ferrara as their manager, he actually started very well in his first game against Roma, i think it was a goal and an assist, but the hype was just too much, it was quite unfair.

I think Adriano would be a contender for topping that list.

Most of the people who said "we have Moses, we don't need Neymar" were just in denial.

Neymar is a born goalscorer. No matter the excuses, he still scores.

When he was scoring in Santos, they said it was a weak league.

When he was breaking goalscoring records in a defensive team Brazil, they said it was friendlies.

When he scored 40 goals last season for Barcelona, they said messi provided everything.

Now messi is injured and he's scoring even more than before.

He's the only player in his generation that has the potential to have goalscoring stats like messi and cRonaldo. We should begin to accept he's surpassed a lot of players already and is a top 3 world player currently.

Real Madrid lost? Oh dear. 3 points behind Barcelona going into the El Clasico after the international break. Could be a defining game for Benitez.

People in Madrid call him Malnitez lmao!

Bem in spanish means good so since they dont like him they changed his name to mal which means bad :lol:

Diego was great for Bremen but that's it. And that was only for a few years (I'll give him that first loan spell at Atleti). Bremen wasn't top level either. I forgot all about him before I saw him against Ajax in the EL. He should've had a top career with his talent.

Pato's not a flop imo. He came to Europe and lived up to the hype. But his poor fitness became too much of a burden. I also read about the partying but they turn a blind eye to that if you just keep performing.

I never viewed Diego as a super talented player, I thought he was talented no doubt, but not the superstar people made him to be with 20yo. So I guess my expectations werent that high to begin with. I still think he did good. Not great, but good.

Now, Pato has the talent to be the best player in the world. He trully does. However, he doesnt have the discipline and desire to do so. He only had ongoing injuries because he would not follow the doctors recomendations and he would go partying, drinking and whatnot. Some players just dont have the conscious that football requires some sacrifices. So they just live life as they whish because they are spoiled.

Its always the same story actually. It was the same with Denilson, Ronaldinho and Adriano after 06, Robinho, Pato, etc.

Neymar has stepped up a level this season...There is a huge difference between this season's neymar and neymar's first season at Barcelona...He has shown maturity,cut down his diving and became more of a team player..At present he is the best player in the world..such a shame that hazard has regressed this season!