LDN Blue

Rooney gets three-game ban!!!

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle811584.html

So no Rooney for any of England's group games at Euro 2012! :P

Time for Sturridge to prove himself and show he has what it takes..

... and by the way, I'm so pleased Sweden are through to the finals! :D

Sturridge can't fulfil Rooney's role in the national squad. If we're saying Sturridge should be in the England squad, it should be with Rooney behind him playing the actual no10 role.

Sturridge and Rooney's roles are completely different. He should be replacing Bent if anything, not Rooney. We're truly fucked come Euro'12. I hope Crapello has a contingency plan. Which he obviously won't, because he's shit. I imagine he'll try putting Young there, or ask Scholes to come out of retirement :doh:

Sturridge can't fulfil Rooney's role in the national squad. If we're saying Sturridge should be in the England squad, it should be with Rooney behind him playing the actual no10 role.

Sturridge and Rooney's roles are completely different. He should be replacing Bent if anything, not Rooney. We're truly fucked come Euro'12. I hope Crapello has a contingency plan. Which he obviously won't, because he's shit. I imagine he'll try putting Young there, or ask Scholes to come out of retirement :doh:

Who is saying Sturridge will replace Rooney's role in the team?? At the end of the day, Danny has a whole Premier League and Champions League season to show England what he can do. Hopefully AVB will recognise his ambitions, and he will get to play in a majority of Chelsea games... thus giving him more of a chance to break into the England squad.

There's always Emile Heskey.

• 3 weeks later...

The Republic of Ireland beat Estonia 4-0 away in the Euro 2012 play-off first leg. :D Keith Andrews scored early enough in the first half with a header. Jonathan Walters headed in too about mid way through the second half after a sloppy save attempt from Pareiko, the Estonian 'keeper. Robbie Keane soon followed with a goal and scored again from the penalty spot in the 88th minute. Damien Duff took a bit of a knock, but they say he should be fit for Tuesday's second leg in the Aviva.

Not a good night for Estonia at all and while they probably could have had some chances of their own, as the second half went on, it just seemed to get worse. Along with that scoreline, they were reduced to nine men while three others got yellow cards as well.

Petr Cech kept a clean sheet against Montenegro, having made some crucial saves a helping his team to win 2:0. Even with his new protection mask. Here some pictures and a few questions he was asked.

142507-gallery-kyx84.jpg

142524-article-5qxvr.jpg

Did your broken nose hurt during the game?

I do not want to talk about this.

At least tell us whether your peripheral vision was worse because of the mask.

It was different if I compare it to a normal situation but I was really satisfied with the mask. When I was young, I played ice hockey and street hockey and there were masks with wires in front of your eyes. This mask does not have any of those wires so I had no problems with orientation.

The Republic of Ireland beat Estonia 4-0 away in the Euro 2012 play-off first leg. :D Keith Andrews scored early enough in the first half with a header. Jonathan Walters headed in too about mid way through the second half after a sloppy save attempt from Pareiko, the Estonian 'keeper. Robbie Keane soon followed with a goal and scored again from the penalty spot in the 88th minute. Damien Duff took a bit of a knock, but they say he should be fit for Tuesday's second leg in the Aviva.

Not a good night for Estonia at all and while they probably could have had some chances of their own, as the second half went on, it just seemed to get worse. Along with that scoreline, they were reduced to nine men while three others got yellow cards as well.

Definitely going to keep half an eye on Ireland during the Euros, one of my favourite international teams along with Germany.