LDN Blue

If friendlies aren't scheduled during the season, then when the flying-fuck are they supposed to be played? Not in the winter break, and obviously not in the summer since that's when the tournaments are played. There's actually no logic in arguing against FIFA friendlies; they HAVE to be played between August and May. It's unfortunate for the clubs, but tough luck. International football is a huge part of FIFA, and the sport in general.

Who gives a flying fuck about friendlies anyway?

You must be just banging your head on the keyboard because you're not even offering anything worth discussing; only typing with emotions. Who cares about friendlies? How about the entire footballing planet. They're needed to develop national teams so that they can compete in the most significant tournaments, e.g. the World Cup, Euro, Copa America.

Pretty wound-up you are. Nevermind.

You must be just banging your head on the keyboard because you're not even offering anything worth discussing; only typing with emotions. Who cares about friendlies? How about the entire footballing planet. They're needed to develop national teams so that they can compete in the most significant tournaments, e.g. the World Cup, Euro, Copa America.

be realistic most of the friendlies are a waste of time. Merely fund raising campaigns and a chance for FIFA to flex their muscles and put the

Clubs in their place. ACON has just finished and the African countries are playing friendlies...

Can understand the need for friendlies but they seem to be at such random times in the season...guess no time is a good time mind.And with England espically...they dont seem to use it as a time to experiment or anything just a time to show how much crappier we've become

And really Gerrard for Captain? Didnt exactly inspire or whatever at the world cup...just kinda flopped around with his daft hair.

Since both of you seem to be the mind of reason, tell me, how do you propose national teams work without friendlies?

I shall ignore your offensive sarcasm and point out weakened International teams with unlimited substitutions are not particularly effective.

And can you answer this : Why should Nations be able to take player and not pay anything. Acon took players for almost 6 weeks in the

middle of the European season , AND they will do the same Next year . That is on top of friendlies and Qualifying games for it and for the

next WC

I shall ignore your offensive sarcasm and point out weakened International teams with unlimited substitutions are not particularly effective.

And can you answer this : Why should Nations be able to take player and not pay anything. Acon took players for almost 6 weeks in the

middle of the European season , AND they will do the same Next year . That is on top of friendlies and Qualifying games for it and for the

next WC

To be fair, I think he does make a good point. Friendlies are needed for the international teams to figure out their squads before they have to select the 20-men for the tournaments.. We might not like the timing, but they are important for the international coaches to realise how the team is working. As it is the number of friendlies will be halved from next season from 12 to 6.

To be fair, I think he does make a good point. Friendlies are needed for the international teams to figure out their squads before they have to select the 20-men for the tournaments.. We might not like the timing, but they are important for the international coaches to realise how the team is working. As it is the number of friendlies will be halved from next season from 12 to 6.

Then let them PAY the clubs for using their players. Personally I don't give a crap about the England team . I stopped supporting them about 1974

next WC

Players get paid enough by their clubs anyway. It should be a honor to represent your country. Nations need to play friendlies to prepare for these tournaments.

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 2-1 Bosnia-Herzegovina 22px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg.png

Marcelo '4 (BRA) ; Ibisevic '13 (BIH) ; o.g Papac (BRA)

22px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Serbia 2-0 Armenia 22px-Flag_of_Armenia.svg.png

Kuzmanovic '15 (SRB) ; Ivanovic '30 (SRB)

Players get paid enough by their clubs anyway. It should be a honor to represent your country. Nations need to play friendlies to prepare for these tournaments.

22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 2-1 Bosnia-Herzegovina 22px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg.png

I said the nations should pay the CLUBS ...they even gripe about paying insurance

I'm going to the England U-21 game today at the Riverside Stadium, should be good, shame Danny isn't there, but at least he got an England call up, hope he does well.

Be good to see the Ox in action though, might even see Kevin De Bruyne, since they are playing Belgium, hope he tears England apart if that's the case :D