Josh McEachran

Term-X

It's because the playing style in England is completely different. Most of the teams aside from the top 4 in England still rely on physicality and hoofing the ball up the pitch while Josh thrives on possession football, off the ball movement and quick passing. Josh is technically 10 times better than any midfielder at Stoke or West Ham for example, but he wouldn't get into their team because he can't play their style. And he obviously won't get into the teams of the top 4 teams because they have better options available.

On the other hand, Sociedad, although better than Stoke and West Ham, play fast, free-flowing football. So Josh can get into their lineup because that is exactly his style of play.

Fair

If there's one player I want to make it at chelsea the most, it's this kid. Even ahead of chalobah, ake,boga and RLC, simply because he's a regista and players with such qualities are extremely rare to find and he has the talent and potential to reach the top level in that position. just to put into perspective how rare top quality registas are, of all the thousands of wonderkids in football, only Alcantara (arguable), Veratti,Oliver torres and our own Josh qualifies as one now compare that to other positions where you had find literally 100's of highly talented payers.

Even at the more established level, you can count them on one hand- Xavi,Pirlo, Alonso,Modric,Bastian,Banega and david pizarro? of those, 4 are old and past their prime.

If it's true that he's going to Spain then best of luck to him, I still have faith in him that he will be a very good midfielder in the future. People forget that time is on his side, he's like what 20 now? very young for someone who is going to be playing as a deep midfielder one day.

So what happened about McEachran's loan move to Sociedad.

If we don't loan him out, I think he could still get game time in the Capital One Cup, Earlier rounds of the FA Cup and when we play shit teams in the Champions League. We could use him a bit like Buttner was used by Fergie IF we don't loan him out.

So what happened about McEachran's loan move to Sociedad.

If we don't loan him out, I think he could still get game time in the Capital One Cup, Earlier rounds of the FA Cup and when we play shit teams in the Champions League. We could use him a bit like Buttner was used by Fergie IF we don't loan him out.

I honestly hope he sticks around, although I suspect the club will send him out on loan somewhere soon.

The potential loan move to Real Sociedad was never really on anyway. They were just looking around and at McEachran to evaluate various options from what I have read.

Anyway, think we can definitely forget about that loan move now. Real Sociead just signed Granero on loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23720905?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Well to be honest although he would suit their style of play, right now he does not have the quality to play for them. Real Sociedad finished 4th last season and have got two important matches to get in the UCL. You would think they would aim higher than Josh. He was on loan at Boro last season and while I did not watch him very much he got mixed reviews there and I still think he ha s a lot to prove so if he managed a loan there that would be quite generous.

It is a tough one for Josh as although he is still young and may play a few games this season if he does not manage a loan, much more was expected of him from when he first broke through but he has some ways stalled. Some people say it would be good if he stays with the team for this season and plays some games but I think it will be a waste of time. He will be more than 75% of the times, stuck to playing U21 football.

I think he needs a loan where the playing style suits his play. A 4-3-3 set up and there is no point of him staying here while he is really down the pecking order. I am sure Mourinho wants him to gout on loan definitely so he can observe him. I don't agree with the thesis of chucking him in for the cup games. He needs regular first team football on a regular basis. Whether that has to be a Championship team again the so be it, however good players who are capable pf playing for us should be able to prove out on loan that they are ready to prove a point when they come back to us.

Ten mins of 2012-13 Josh McEachran highlights at Middlesborough(YouTube link): http://goo.gl/L4uK8h

There are more videos of highlights of him with the England U21s and of his appearances against Indonesia XI on the channel.

If you can't be bothered to watch all 10 minutes make sure you see 0:50.

Great video. I definitely can see a change in his tenacity in these clips.

• 2 weeks later...