Josh McEachran

Term-X

BBC reporter: Josh McEachran loan? Might you be interested?

Zola: There might be some interest. We'll see.

Thank f***king God. After Ross Barkley's torrid time in the Championship last season and what the lad has done this year I'm not writing Josh off yet Like I did earlier.

He was playing LW for the majority of last season and the Championship isn't the best place for technical midfielders like him. A loan where he'll play in midfield under a manager who plays on the ground will do a world of good for him.

wilshere is 10x more aggressive too

McEachran can be very similar to Wilshere, the sad thing is he just lacks that flair, Wilshere can just do it, whereas McEachran has done it, he's done it for us and he has done it for Middlesbrough every now and then.

Hope he starts getting game time, give him the chance because he might surprise many.

Wilshere is a B2B midfielder, McEachran is a controller.

So people who see Watford or the Championship with some interest , can he be a regular starter for them?

Well they did lose Chalobah, but they signed a couple of central midfielders in the summer. Not sure how good they are, though, so I can't judge.

So people who see Watford or the Championship with some interest , can he be a regular starter for them?

Well I have a soft spot for them but I think he will find it hard to be a nailed on starter. They got a bargain deal of the summer in getting McGugan on a free transfer who is a very good CM and Iriney who is very experienced and is more of a midfield enforcer. He is experienced and played tons of games in La Liga already and they are the usual starters in the CM department. I would guess that Josh would rotate for Iriney and sometimes McGugan but I can't see him breaking into the first 11 consistently because they have some good players there already.

Strange though that he is on around the same wages as Chalobah but the loan move for Chalobah to Watford hit a stall because of wages yet they managed to get Josh on loan.

Well I have a soft spot for them but I think he will find it hard to be a nailed on starter. They got a bargain deal of the summer in getting McGugan on a free transfer who is a very good CM and Iriney who is very experienced and is more of a midfield enforcer. He is experienced and played tons of games in La Liga already and they are the usual starters in the CM department. I would guess that Josh would rotate for Iriney and sometimes McGugan but I can't see him breaking into the first 11 consistently because they have some good players there already.

Strange though that he is on around the same wages as Chalobah but the loan move for Chalobah to Watford hit a stall because of wages yet they managed to get Josh on loan.

Much appreciated. What formation do Watford play though? Are they flexible in that sense and may be we could see Josh play a No.10 role for them?

Much appreciated. What formation do Watford play though? Are they flexible in that sense and may be we could see Josh play a No.10 role for them?

No problem. Watford usually line up with a 3-4-2-1/3-5-2/5-3-2 formation. However you like to define it, with wing backs anywyay :D The no.10 role is usually for Abdi but in most cases I think Josh will be a CDM with a more restrictive role to allow the likes of McGugan and Abdi to venture forward. They do mix around the team quite a bit though as they have quite a lot of CM already so we should expect to see him get a lot of game time. This loan move definitely suits him more than Boro though. Much more of a passing team and the best entertainers in that division IMO. Football is exciting to watch and the way Zola instructs his team to play will suit him.

The good thing is he can play in any of the three CM role Watford have so he is definitely well suited. Chalobah had an excellent season at Watford, especially considering that he had no prior experience before he went to Watford and he nearly got promoted with them. Josh has first team experience with Chelsea, Swansea and Middlesbrough so hopefully he fins it relatively easy to adapt to life at Watford.

^because he went in outside the transfer window so can only be loaned for 93 days, Football League rules. There till Jan 2nd officially. Chalobah's is slightly longer as he's still a youth player technically, or something like that.

Probably a better loan for Josh, this, than Middlesborough. Watford's football probably suits him more, think he'll enjoy picking out Anya's and Faroani's runs and linking up with Abdi too.

No problem. Watford usually line up with a 3-4-2-1/3-5-2/5-3-2 formation. However you like to define it, with wing backs anywyay :D The no.10 role is usually for Abdi but in most cases I think Josh will be a CDM with a more restrictive role to allow the likes of McGugan and Abdi to venture forward. They do mix around the team quite a bit though as they have quite a lot of CM already so we should expect to see him get a lot of game time. This loan move definitely suits him more than Boro though. Much more of a passing team and the best entertainers in that division IMO. Football is exciting to watch and the way Zola instructs his team to play will suit him.

The good thing is he can play in any of the three CM role Watford have so he is definitely well suited. Chalobah had an excellent season at Watford, especially considering that he had no prior experience before he went to Watford and he nearly got promoted with them. Josh has first team experience with Chelsea, Swansea and Middlesbrough so hopefully he fins it relatively easy to adapt to life at Watford.

From my observations, Chalobah looks like he wants to learn & keep improving his game. He seems to have alot of drive and determination (which are key attributes for any top class player)

As for Josh, he just seems a bit laid-back in his approach to the game...which is hurting his development. He needs a good old kick up the ass if he wants to make it at Chelsea.