Josh McEachran

Term-X

My bad again, I still don't think he's ready for the Premier League yet. He should stay with Zola.

Still too early to tell if it is best that he stays with Zola as he's barely ad two matches there till now, but I definitely agree about him not being ready for the PL just yet.

He's ready, no doubt in my mind. Much like Barkley, and perhaps more so, McEachran needs good players around him to flourish.

My point as well. Hope he gets an extended run with the first team some time in the future, although I'm afraid people are going to judge him by his performances with championship level sides.

Any report on his performance?

I read he linked up very well with McGugan and controlled the tempo very well when he moved to the holding role after Iriney went off. Hopefully, that's enough for him to retain his starting place.

I read he linked up very well with McGugan and controlled the tempo very well when he moved to the holding role after Iriney went off. Hopefully, that's enough for him to retain his starting place.

Do you know any Watford fan's opinion on him so far?

Any report on his performance?

Few Watford fans

"McEachran and Murray were excellent"

"Belkalem is not good enough. Iriney is good butalongside McEachran the midfield was too flat until Murray came on. As soon as Acuna came on, we stopped looking threatening."

"McEachran - Did very well, his vision is by far his best asset. One sloppy-ish pass but unfortunately that led to the 2nd goal"

"McEachran was our best midfielder today, the kid looks class I hope we can nick him from Chelsea."

"I thought the majority of the team had a decent game. McEachran was solid if unspectacular"

"McEachran was a positive for me today, again always busy and generally very good on the ball. "

"McEachran was OK. I didn't really notice him doing anything really good or bad"

"Felt McEachran or McGugan should have gone off, not Fabbrini. Neither had a bad game but we should have gone 3-4-3 just to change it up, even if only for 5 minutes."

​(referring to Iriney) "He is good. We need a player who does what he does. He barely gives the ball away and he does stick to a role, which he's been given, just in front of the back three. The issue was, McEachran does much the same job and neither of them is going to burst forwards and take the ball into the box. "

The highlighted bit about Josh is spot on.

"I was also pleased with McEachran's performance, but Murray added the forward drive we needed.

All fit, I think out first team looks like: Almunia, Anya, Faraoni, Ekstrand, Angella, Doyley, Abdi, McGugan, Murray, Deeney, Forestieri"

"Midfield. I thought Mccheachran had a very good game but we can't play him and Ireney together and if I had a choice it would be Mccheachran for the home games and maybe Ireney for the away."

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49366-Watford-FC-vs-Derby-County-19-10-2013/page5

I tried to as a couple of them on twitter but neither answered...c*nts.

Cunts indeed...........

Few Watford fans

"McEachran and Murray were excellent"

"Belkalem is not good enough. Iriney is good butalongside McEachran the midfield was too flat until Murray came on. As soon as Acuna came on, we stopped looking threatening."

"McEachran - Did very well, his vision is by far his best asset. One sloppy-ish pass but unfortunately that led to the 2nd goal"

"McEachran was our best midfielder today, the kid looks class I hope we can nick him from Chelsea."

"I thought the majority of the team had a decent game. McEachran was solid if unspectacular"

"McEachran was a positive for me today, again always busy and generally very good on the ball. "

"McEachran was OK. I didn't really notice him doing anything really good or bad"

"Felt McEachran or McGugan should have gone off, not Fabbrini. Neither had a bad game but we should have gone 3-4-3 just to change it up, even if only for 5 minutes."

​(referring to Iriney) "He is good. We need a player who does what he does. He barely gives the ball away and he does stick to a role, which he's been given, just in front of the back three. The issue was, McEachran does much the same job and neither of them is going to burst forwards and take the ball into the box. "

The highlighted bit about Josh is spot on.

"I was also pleased with McEachran's performance, but Murray added the forward drive we needed.

All fit, I think out first team looks like: Almunia, Anya, Faraoni, Ekstrand, Angella, Doyley, Abdi, McGugan, Murray, Deeney, Forestieri"

"Midfield. I thought Mccheachran had a very good game but we can't play him and Ireney together and if I had a choice it would be Mccheachran for the home games and maybe Ireney for the away."

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?49366-Watford-FC-vs-Derby-County-19-10-2013/page5

Josh can be so good going forward as well but I wonder why he does not do that too often.If there is a holding player besides him then Josh really should step up and became the main playmaker of his team because he has the vision and passing range to do so.

A different board:

Was not impressed with McEachran, still don't understand why we took him on loan.

McEachran - good distribution, kept things simple but loses too many 50-50s for my liking.

when McCrechran moved into Irineys role he started buzzing and broke up Derby's play well and started us moving in the right direction, and this is key, faster than when Iriney was playing the role.

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/233412-Match-thread-Watford-vs-Derby-County

And another one:

McEachran impressed me today, always showing for the ball and made some good passes.

McEachran looks a tidy player, and was one of the few players that weren't constantly making mistakes.

http://www.gloryhorns.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56943&start=25