Ramires

DavidEU

His passing doesn't matter (at least in this game), didn't even know he missed 20 passes while watching the game. But what does matter is his ineffectiveness in the box.

I know he has improved his finishing, but he just loves to make the wrong decisions at times.

All resulted or most of them from his poor final passes in the final third.

People have complained why we havnt played him as a DM and ive been saying that it wouldnt work because of his bad passing and ballcontroll which is the most important thing for a midfielder and yesterday he showed just that. If i see any1 pointing out that he should play as a DM again i will freak out.

People have complained why we havnt played him as a DM and ive been saying that it wouldnt work because of his bad passing and ballcontroll which is the most important thing for a midfielder and yesterday he showed just that. If i see any1 pointing out that he should play as a DM again i will freak out.

We need a ball winner and destroyer in midfield.

Ramires completed just 10 of 30 passes against Juventus resulting in a mere 33% passing success, the lowest of any player on the pitch!

According to which source? I know his passing was poor against Juve but I don't remember it being that bad at all. And I just checked whoscored, they have him on 79% (23 passes in total). Seems accurate to me.

According to which source? I know his passing was poor against Juve but I don't remember it being that bad at all. And I just checked whoscored, they have him on 79% (23 passes in total). Seems accurate to me.

UEFA's passing stats have him at 33% but I think whoscored is probably more accurate.

As TorontoChelsea said, it's from the UEFA site and they broke down the passing into short, medium and long rather than just in general like what WhoScored did. Up to you which one you want to believe. ;)

I would love for him to go back into that more defensive role what we had, even under AVB in that 4-3-3.

AVB sort of played him as a DM in that 2-1 defeat to Liverpool last season, he was class there, was making great tackles and getting about all over.

Or make that 4-2-3-1 maybe?

Lets see who they fare against teams with pace, Arsenal is going to be a HUGE TEST next week.

Ramires and Mikel looked very good today though, I'm really happy with that, lost all hope with the double pivot this season but there might just be hope in it.

This game was easier for the midfield double because Stoke mostly bypassed their midfield and played straight from defence to forwards or from wings to forwards. They also got time on the ball 'cause Stoke weren't insistent on actively pressing until we approached their final third. Instead they patiently invited us on to make room on our half of the pitch, illustrated by the fact that Mikel was through on goal at one point. But his performance was encouraging and hopefully he can do more of the same against teams who emphasize middle play and continuous pressing.

Once again, thought he did alright in the double pivot yesterday. Still skeptical but his energy, pace and workrate is extremely useful there especially when we get caught out on the break or he happens to find himself out of position. His passing can still improve though.