Ramires

DavidEU

After Terry's goal line clearance (following Mikel's backpass) the ball fell to Ramires in his own box and he used his burst off pace to escape from danger.

Ive missed that side to Ramires and one we will never see at right mid unless were facing a side that plays the high line.

After Terry's goal line clearance (following Mikel's backpass) the ball fell to Ramires in his own box and he used his burst off pace to escape from danger.

He also defended well against Bosingwa in one moment in that second half when the latter bombed forward towards the byline. Luckily for us, he didn't put in the cross when he could have done so actually.

From a key player into borderline Liability. Feel sorry for Ramires and what RDM is doing to him.

THIS!!!

I hate moaning about him - the guy gives 100% every game and is a great player - but he's been giving the shitty end of the stick... ESPECIALLY as we have DEDICATED players to play in that EXACT position...

Just wish he'd be given a chance alongside Mikel.. If he picked the ball up - he could run forward and push it wide to the wings (Hazard or Moses) or through the centre (Oscar/Mata/Torres/Studge - whoever is playing) - then Mikel could sit deep and his lack of pace would not be exposed as much, because Ramires has an abundance of pace!

If I, as an ageing 36 yr old Champ Man/FM/Fifa guy can see this (not to mention all of the other posters) - WHY can't RDM? It's just got to be worth trying.... :(

Ramires gives so much and is getting so little lately... I know I'll end up not liking him - but I do really like him...

THIS!!!

I hate moaning about him - the guy gives 100% every game and is a great player - but he's been giving the shitty end of the stick... ESPECIALLY as we have DEDICATED players to play in that EXACT position...

Just wish he'd be given a chance alongside Mikel.. If he picked the ball up - he could run forward and push it wide to the wings (Hazard or Moses) or through the centre (Oscar/Mata/Torres/Studge - whoever is playing) - then Mikel could sit deep and his lack of pace would not be exposed as much, because Ramires has an abundance of pace!

If I, as an ageing 36 yr old Champ Man/FM/Fifa guy can see this (not to mention all of the other posters) - WHY can't RDM? It's just got to be worth trying.... :(

Ramires gives so much and is getting so little lately... I know I'll end up not liking him - but I do really like him...

I hate when people underestimate the imprtance of the 2 defensive midfielders. You cant just take any player and put them there if you want to build a really good and solid team. I mean just watch Jack Wilsheres performace vs Barcelona in 2011. The way he held the ball and delivered it around. Thats the type of DM we need to play with Mikel, not Ramires with bad strenght, ball controll and passes. And you mentioned that Ramires can run with the ball and push it forward... first of all just running away is easier said than done. He might aswell lose the bad again, especially against better teams. Secondly if you have watched the football movie "Goal!" you might remember the scene when the coach shows the main character (cant remeber his name) that passing is a much faster way of getting the ball forward than running. Thats my answear for you too.

I hate when people underestimate the imprtance of the 2 defensive midfielders. You cant just take any player and put them there if you want to build a really good and solid team. I mean just watch Jack Wilsheres performace vs Barcelona in 2011. The way he held the ball and delivered it around. Thats the type of DM we need to play with Mikel, not Ramires with bad strenght, ball controll and passes. And you mentioned that Ramires can run with the ball and push it forward... first of all just running away is easier said than done. He might aswell lose the bad again, especially against better teams. Secondly if you have watched the football movie "Goal!" you might remember the scene when the coach shows the main character (cant remeber his name) that passing is a much faster way of getting the ball forward than running. Thats my answear for you too.

Fully agree - but RDM is going to keep picking him and I would prefer him there than on the RW...

I just don't know why we sold Raul, he looked good against Newcastle...

I think we do need to sign a dedicated player as for whatever reason, RDM isn't liking Romeu...

He had about five seconds inside the box to take the shot but instead he passes to Torres who surrounded by Bianconeri and wasn't even facing goal.

Passing to Torres from now on should result in a booking for time wasting.

His passing doesn't matter (at least in this game), didn't even know he missed 20 passes while watching the game. But what does matter is his ineffectiveness in the box.

I know he has improved his finishing, but he just loves to make the wrong decisions at times.