Ramires

DavidEU

Its painful to see him wasted on the wing. I'm sure when he plays for Brazil he is put in a CDM position. He is a very good player RDM, use him properly.

He plays the CDM position without much success though.

He left Brazil exposed on multiple occasions vs South Africa, when he went forward.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

You switch your formation and style to accommodate your best players, for me Ramires is clearly not one of them. Switching formation could possibly neglect Mata and Hazard effectiveness, we shouldn't do that in favor of Ramires.

We won't be able to play the 4-3-3 effectively on a regular basis. If we do want to maximise the 4-3-3 we'd have to drop Hazard from the position he's most effective in and drop Mata in a similar way, as they really aren't as effective out wide. Playing those in a 4-3-3 would automatically turn the tactic into a Christmas tree formation.

For the best effectiveness in a 4-3-3 we'd have to play Marin - Torres - Moses, but I can't see us dropping either Hazard or Mata.

The 4-3-3 would however be perfect for Ramires and Oscar to an extent.

Ideally we'd make a hybrid between the 4-3-3 and the Christmas tree formation... But it'd be hard to achieve that.

That sounds harsh on the paper but we haven't made a good performance without a good Ramires for almost 2 years. That doesn't implies the "Ramires=Chelsea" conclusion. But at the opposite we barely will find a good team performance with Ramires having a bad game.

Simply not true, and if true it doesn't say much because over the past two years we have looked our worst in years especially in midfield.

Beginning of Carlo second year, Ramires was barely used and we looked good. Last year in our CL and FA Cup run, we looked much better when Ramires was moved out of midfield into RW.

Those two are stretches of games, but i am sure i can name many performances where our teams looked good without Ramires in midfield. As i said our team was abysmal in the past two years and incredibly dysfunctional in midfield, so him being one of the best players on those teams say a lot more about how poor we were then how good he was.

We played teams we're expected to beat in PL. The SuperCup showed the tactical mess at the next level.

Individually and offensively Mata and Hazard are brilliant. But collectively that's not good in terms of team balance etc... let's not become big fishs in a small pond this season

Agreed the team has tactical flaws, but this reflects way more on RDM then Mata and Hazard. I don't think RDM has done enough to change our team to tailor around our best players. He basically gone with the approach that replacing Kalou and Malouda with better players and keeping last season formula will make us a better team. Simply not going happen, because in some aspects Kalou and Malouda are better then Hazard and Mata, talking about defensively and work rate.

He plays the CDM position without much success though.

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1?

You switch your formation and style to accommodate your best players, for me Ramires is clearly not one of them. Switching formation could possibly neglect Mata and Hazard effectiveness, we shouldn't do that in favor of Ramires.

I can understand your point about creating the formation so it will firstly suit our best players, but i think that you (and a lot others) put too much importance on the formation sytstem. 4-3-3 could mean a lot of different things, main thing is the Tactics. i remmember before the season started most of us wanted to see Hazard-Oscar-Mata behind Torres, when they are changing places beetwen them, if your not one of those so ok, but a 4-3-3 with Oscar, Remires and Mikel in midfield, doesnt have to be so different from a 4-2-3-1. in the defense you'll see Oscar in the central of the field most of the times, but on offense he can change places with Hazard and Mata. In that way we can enjoy the creativity of all three. Hazard and Mata is not quite enough all the time. Oscar could help us alot, and the third midfielder has to be Remires.

Like that i mean:

------Mikel------

Ramires------

----------Oscar

Ramires lack defensive skills, strenght, ball controll and passing. Thats basiclly everything a pivot player needs!!! For me its clear: As long as we play the 4-2-3-1 formation ramires aint good enough to be a starter. And please dont come with the "well then lets change back to the 4-3-3 formation" because no, i dont want us to change formation just so it suits players like Lampard and Ramires. Weve played 4-2-3-1 ever since RDM came and its with that formation we won the fa cup and CL. Why should we just suddenly change to a formation our players havent even used.

please not RW for ramires

Agreed - he runs into trouble or gives the ball away.

It's not his natural position so not critisicing him - annoyed he is being asked to play there...

It like asking a tyre fitter to change your clutch - he has most of the tools available, but theory and practice are 2 different things.

Moses has shown he can start, so hopefully Ramy on RW will phase out...

Agreed - he runs into trouble or gives the ball away.

It's not his natural position so not critisicing him - annoyed he is being asked to play there...

It like asking a tyre fitter to change your clutch - he has most of the tools available, but theory and practice are 2 different things.

Moses has shown he can start, so hopefully Ramy on RW will phase out...

Marin should be ready soon as well

Thinking back about yesterday, find it ridiculous that RDM decided to stick Ramires at RW till the 60-70th minute. Bosingwa was playing at LB for much of the game and RDM didn't even bother to bring Moses on way earlier to test him there. :doh:

Yup, that's why people have been frustrated, especially me...

We know ALL of Bosys weaknesses, so who better to exploit them, than us :)

Oh well role on Stoke...