Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Madmax - good one. But if you were a football player, would you move to ... MALAGA?

He's going for money.

Has the move been confirmed though? If it has, you are correct. Though I really doubt this Malaga rumour. I know they have money and are one of the richest teams in La Liga but seriously ... Pastore? Don't see it.

Why are people surprised players don't want to move here? If you were a player, would you move to a managerless club?

Because the club in question is Chelsea.

No matter what happens, they know whoever comes will be a great manager anyway & that the objectives of the club will remain the same. No matter who comes in the Premier League & Champions League will be the main targets and as past standings have shown, we've never been far of the mark in either.

That's why the player won't see a club in crisis, they'll see a club who are aiming to be the best in the world & who have the backing to do so.

The problem right now is that we don't have a manager!!!

I hope that Hiddink will sign quickly...

If he wont we are in a big problem cause it will take a lot of time to find a manager that wants to move here

and to negotiate with him...

Hiddink is the right man for the job!! blue%20scalf.gif

He knows how to get it done unlike other manager that we had in the past(Carlo)

No matter what happens, they know whoever comes will be a great manager anyway & that the objectives of the club will remain the same. No matter who comes in the Premier League & Champions League will be the main targets and as past standings have shown, we've never been far of the mark in either.

Wenger and Mourinho are both great managers. Would everyone be as comfortable with both just because they're 'great'? It doesn't work that way. A player moving to a new country, a new league has tonnes of things on his mind, not all of them football-related. It's vital for him to be able to rely upon the knowledge that the guy he works with everyday is in agreement about his thinking and development. I'm sure guys who've played football themselves will tell you that the relationship with the manager is the most important, even more so than his teammates.

That's why the player won't see a club in crisis, they'll see a club who are aiming to be the best in the world & who have the backing to do so.

For the player it's important to have a great working relationship with the manager, not the board. At Chelsea, the manager doesn't set the club's direction, the owner's advisers do.

Wenger and Mourinho are both great managers. Would everyone be as comfortable with both just because they're 'great'? It doesn't work that way. A player moving to a new country, a new league has tonnes of things on his mind, not all of them football-related. It's vital for him to be able to rely upon the knowledge that the guy he works with everyday is in agreement about his thinking and development. I'm sure guys who've played football themselves will tell you that the relationship with the manager is the most important, even more so than his teammates.

I think you're overstating the importance of managers in transfers. In today's transfer climate negotiations are 90% between agent & club representatives (which won't include the manager), the only time the player and manager would meet is at the contract signing. Look at the Ramires, Torres & Luiz transfers for us. They were club-to-club. Managers weren't called into negotiations, at best they maybe give their approval/guidance to the people who start negotiations.

Players don't rely on managerial support as they used to. Because they've realised that managers now come and go like players do. If the club's good financially & in a strong position when it comes to being competitive they are likely to sign.

Just take Pastore's case now. Even Zamparini said, anything he hears from Pastore comes 90% through his agent, they talk more than the manager-player. It's how thing are now.

i think the real drawback to a player wanting to join a manager-less club is that he would want to know how he is to be used,he would want to know if he`s gonna be in the middle of a power struggle between manager and owner. is he gonna be forced into playing a position that isn`t his natural one. things like that.

i think the real drawback to a player wanting to join a manager-less club is that he would want to know how he is to be used,he would want to know if he`s gonna be in the middle of a power struggle between manager and owner. is he gonna be forced into playing a position that isn`t his natural one. things like that.

But at the same time, that could happen with having a manager too. Remember they'll say anything to secure a transfer like Pastore, so even if we hired Hiddink tomorrow [for example] he'd tell Pastore he'd play him in his natural position, but then may change his mind, based on training sessions and all that.

I think you're overstating the importance of managers in transfers. In today's transfer climate negotiations are 90% between agent & club representatives (which won't include the manager), the only time the player and manager would meet is at the contract signing. Look at the Ramires, Torres & Luiz transfers for us. They were club-to-club. Managers weren't called into negotiations, at best they maybe give their approval/guidance to the people who start negotiations.

Ray Wilkins confirmed that those buys were wanted by Carlo and re Luiz and Torres, he wanted them in July itself.

And we need to make a distinction between transfer bids and contract agreements. Sure transfer bids may be initiated by club representatives and player agents, but once a bid is accepted, it is within the player's power to sign a contract or otherwise. And he takes this decision based on factors, a major one of which is of course the manager at the club.

The Pastore case is irrelevant because he is moving away. Why would he talk with the club president for this? It's obvious his agent is the go-to man in this regard. But when the time comes to choose a club, he'll be paying damned close attention to that club's managerial situation.

Exactly.

But at the same time, that could happen with having a manager too. Remember they'll say anything to secure a transfer like Pastore, so even if we hired Hiddink tomorrow [for example] he'd tell Pastore he'd play him in his natural position, but then may change his mind, based on training sessions and all that.

And such devious play is exactly why the player pays close attention to the manager! He wouldn't sign for a club if the manager is known to be manipulative.

Ray Wilkins confirmed that those buys were wanted by Carlo and re Luiz and Torres, he wanted them in July itself.

I'd take what Wilkins said with a pinch of salt. Even though he has been sacked, he stays fidel to Chelsea and never said and say a bad word toward us. So I don't think he would have said that Ancelotti didn't have his word in transfers, on purpose to avoid to add fuel to fire...

Which is exactly why we haven't signed anyone (yet)...

There's one good thing when it comes to Pastore though, and that is that not many clubs need a player like him atm.

Real Madrid - Mesut Ozil

Barcelona - Xavi, Iniesta (Fabregas)

Liverpool - not even Europa League...

Arsenal $$$

Tottenham $$$

Man City - Silva

Inter - Sneijder. Could be dangerous if Sneijder leaves though.

United - big contenders, but he isn't the only player on their radar.

There's one good thing when it comes to Pastore though, and that is that not many clubs need a player like him atm.

Real Madrid - Mesut Ozil

Barcelona - Xavi, Iniesta (Fabregas)

Liverpool - not even Europa League...

Arsenal $

Tottenham $

Man City - Silva

Inter - Sneijder. Could be dangerous if Sneijder leaves though.

United - big contenders, but he isn't the only player on their radar.

Now now Sh0n3x.. Don't be that naiive, just because team's don't need him, won't stop them signing him ;)

& we haven't signed anyone because we're not buying from here, so we have to wait till 1st July :)

Now now Sh0n3x.. Don't be that naiive, just because team's don't need him, won't stop them signing him ;)

& we haven't signed anyone because we're not buying from here, so we have to wait till 1st July :)

I'm not naive, but they won't be ready to spend the huge money Zampagreedy wants if they don't need him badly as we do. Exclude Shitty though from those...

Oh and the Malaga talk...forget it. This kid has the world on its knees, and I don't think he'd move to a mid-class club in Spain. He has proven himself, and now it's the time to make the key decision for him future.