Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

I disagree. Mikel, Ramires and josh have these qualities. What we lack in our midfield is pin-point, precise and defence splitting passes. hence the lack of creativity

Mikel can't dribble. Ramires rarely does so and Josh isn't up for that kind of responsibility. Wishful thinking there mate. We need a world class playmaker, it's reality and Pastore would be ideal fit. If he will shine is anyones guess because it's impossible to predict.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Mikel, Ramires and josh have these qualities. What we lack in our midfield is pin-point, precise and defence splitting passes. hence the lack of creativity

Our midfield passing is also lacking speed and decisiveness at times...Don't know what happened this season, but our play seems a far-cry from period in early 2010, when we used to score from one touch passing.... don't know if its because of new tactics, new players or if the opposition have just figured out our act.....

I have not seen Mikel dribble. he has a good pass though, but rarely uses it !!!! Ramires can beat people with his pace not exactly dribble out of trouble (except for that goal against Man city). He is a box-to-box midfielder. Yes, Josh can dribble but would need more time and experience before we can entrust him to do for it on a daily basis.

Yes Mikel knows to dribble. Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying he is Messi. But we didn't see him to do so under Ancelotti's area because the latter man gave him the order to stay deep with the defense.

Isn't that McEachran's main skill? I know he played a lot of holding midfield roles last year, but he does have a reputation for his distribution.

Go and watch Mikel at the U20 championship 2005 and get back to me. it's pointless arguing over the obvious.

you don't emerge as the second best player at a tournament behind the almighty messi without possessing some degree of technical ability. if he doesn't demonstrate his dribbling ability often enough, that's mourinho's fault who turned a very promising attacking midfielder into a DM.

As for Ramires and Josh. I have seen enough of them to conclude that both players possess good/great dribbling skills

Btw, The ability to dribble is not necessarily what makes a great play maker. vision, excellent decision making and passing are more important skill-set hence why Xavi is a better play maker than Okocha/Pastore.

Isn't that McEachran's main skill? I know he played a lot of holding midfield roles last year, but he does have a reputation for his distribution.

Even though he's shown that for the reserves. I'm basing my assertion on his first team.performances. And even if josh has shown enough ability, our board will still always prefer an £80 million pound established and experience player with similar ability to Josh :whistling: That's the reality at SW6

Go and watch Mikel at the U20 championship 2005 and get back to me. it's pointless arguing over the obvious.

you don't emerge as the second best player at a tournament behind the almighty messi without possessing some degree of technical ability. if he doesn't demonstrate his dribbling ability often enough, that's mourinho's fault who turned a very promising attacking midfielder into a DM.

As for Ramires and Josh. I have seen enough of them to conclude that both players possess good/great dribbling skills

Btw, The ability to dribble is not necessarily what makes a great play maker. vision, excellent decision making and passing are more important skill-set hence why Xavi is a better play maker than Okocha/Pastore.

excellent post ,,,so many seem more impressed by the dribbler ..Xavis strength is to play a simple killer ball ...because he has vision...and EXPERIENCE

That's 6 years ago, things change. I suggest you to watch last season or the season before. It's like Torres saga, he had brilliant season in 2009, now he had a slump in form. Can't look back into history to make future predictions.

excellent post ,,,so many seem more impressed by the dribbler ..Xavis strength is to play a simple killer ball ...because he has vision...and EXPERIENCE

I will take playmakers in the mold of Xavi, Pirlo (in his prime), Paul scholes (in his prime) over the pastores of this world everyday of the week.