Javier Pastore joins PSG

the wes

Either you seriously undervalue Van Der Vaart or you don't rate him that highly :lol:

I think he's getting at what spuds paid for him, around 8 million pounds/10 million euros

Pastore would be a cracking signing but I think we'd be better off going for modric or sneijder instead of being held ransom

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Is Chelsea still interested in this guy or someone else?

50 million for pastore, good lord. I blame man city, real madrid and Abramovich for overinflating the market with their outrageous spending. The only player in the world worth that amount in my own estimation is messi.

The Serie A side were desperate to hold on to their prized playmaker, but now the club chairman, as well as Pastore himself, have indicated that the Argentines’ spell in Sicily has come to an end. ‘I feel that the time to leave Palermo has arrived,’ the 21-year-old is quoted as telling Fox Sports Radio Del Plata.

Rosanero owner Maurizio Zamparini, who recently claimed the club rejected a bid from Chelsea for Pastore, also added: ‘Javier is the only player who could leave.

‘It all depends on the boy.

‘He earns less than €1m and if a big club offered him €4m then it would be hard to keep him.

‘Palermo can’t afford that and we have to balance the books.’

Inter Milan and Real Madrid, as well as City and the Blues, are all in the hunt for the slick schemer.

source

50 million for pastore, good lord. I blame man city, real madrid and Abramovich for overinflating the market with their outrageous spending. The only player in the world worth that amount in my own estimation is messi.

and Cristiano Ronaldo

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has warned Argentina international Javier Pastore will not be sold on the cheap.

Reports in Argentina claim the highly-rated playmaker has revealed his wish to leave the Sicilian club this summer.

"I give up on Pastore," Zamparini said to Sky Italia.

"He speaks more to his agent than he does with me. I am not offended.

"It's logical that at the most he would have played one more season at Palermo but at the same time if he did, he would have more pressure and he wouldn't be the same Pastore we know."

Pastore, who is under contract with Palermo until June 2015, has attracted interests from top European clubs.

Palermo reportedly turned down an offer for Pastore from Chelsea last month as it did not meet the asking price of €50million.

"There are big clubs that want him," Zamparini said.

"We are talking about one of the top talents in current football and I will not sell him on the cheap.

"I paid for him €19million when he was 18."

The 21-year-old joined Palermo in 2009 from Huracan and finished as his team4s leading scorer in Serie A this season with 11 goals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/palermo-will-not-sell-pastore-on-the-cheap-2295823.html

I would prefer Pastore to Hamsik actually. Maybe because I have seen Hamsik only in you-tube videos :D Pastore has excellent ball control, a sudden change of pace & direction and brilliant first touch which we so desperately lack in our midfield.

And most importantly he can beat a man or two with dribbles which is something totally alien to all our players currently !!!

If we don't want to change our style of play then Hamsik will be good fit. Because he is a goal scoring midfielder like Lampard. Though I think lampard is more intelligent in terms of positioning. Hamsik and Lukaku can replicate the pairing of Lampard Drogba. Although personally I want us to change the style.

If we don't want to change our style of play then Hamsik will be good fit. Because he is a goal scoring midfielder like Lampard. Though I think lampard is more intelligent in terms of positioning. Hamsik and Lukaku can replicate the pairing of Lampard Drogba. Although personally I want us to change the style.

Hamsik is 23, lots of time to develop his creative side. He can be our Lampard replacement, Pastore can be the CAM we never had. There's space for the two of them in our squad, but I'm not speaking in this season's terms of course.

Hamsik is 23, lots of time to develop his creative side. He can be our Lampard replacement, Pastore can be the CAM we never had. There's space for the two of them in our squad, but I'm not speaking in this season's terms of course.

Creativity is something that you can not develope. However, If we are going to buy this two in future then that will be great. but as of now we need Pastore more than Hamsik.