Stevan Jovetic

the wes

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch him every season. Best striker in Serie A behind Cavani in my opinion. That's not saying he's the most lethal; but he's like a more lethal and slightly less flashy version of Suarez with none of the cuntish attitude.

He can play any attacking position and was usually at his best as a support option, but this season he played much more as the main striker or as a striker-partner to Toni in some games (which worked like magic.)

If you see him in your lineup you won't think "Ok we've got at least 1 goal today", but you will know you're going to see something special.

Just for enjoyment I think this is the nicest compilation on Youtube for him:

The comparison with Zola that gets made is actually quite accurate now that I think about it. Although taller, much taller, they have uncanny similarities.

Zola will always be better at free kicks and magic moments though.

Jovetic would be an awesome signing.

Is he a goal machine ? good finishing ?

What type of a player is he ?

He's not a 'lethal' finisher...but I think with a bit of work, he could be a 20 goal a season forward in the EPL..

And he'd definitely add another creative spark to our attack.

Jovetic instead of Schurrle. Yes please!

If we're signing Cavani, we don't need Jovetic because I can't see us offloading Ba AND Torres this season.

Schurrle signing is completely different to this, don't know why anyone would even say he's our back up signing if Schurrle fails simply because they both bring something completely different to the table.

Does anyone genuinely think Jovetic will come here as a squad player in case we don't sign Schurrle? I very much doubt that. He's good enough to lead the lines of most top European clubs and he's nowhere near as direct as Schurrle is.

If we're signing Cavani, we don't need Jovetic because I can't see us offloading Ba AND Torres this season.

Schurrle signing is completely different to this, don't know why anyone would even say he's our back up signing if Schurrle fails simply because they both bring something completely different to the table.

Does anyone genuinely think Jovetic will come here as a squad player in case we don't sign Schurrle? I very much doubt that. He's good enough to lead the lines of most top European clubs and he's nowhere near as direct as Schurrle is.

Because it's clear that we're going for a out and out striker, i.e. (Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski, Yilmaz, Gomez) and then a versatile forward (Hulk, Schurrle, Jovetic). Even though he's played as a striker at times this season for Fiorentina, Jovetic very much falls into that second category rather than the first, hence why he's an alternative signing to Schurrle. You also can't say he'd be coming here as a squad player because for all we know Jose might be planning to play Oscar in a deeper role, send De Bruyne on loan again, Mata outwide etc so there'd be a good chance he'd start

Because it's clear that we're going for a out and out striker, i.e. (Cavani, Falcao, Lewandowski, Yilmaz, Gomez) and then a versatile forward (Hulk, Schurrle, Jovetic). Even though he's played as a striker at times this season for Fiorentina, Jovetic very much falls into that second category rather than the first, hence why he's an alternative signing to Schurrle. You also can't say he'd be coming here as a squad player because for all we know Jose might be planning to play Oscar in a deeper role, send De Bruyne on loan again, Mata outwide etc so there'd be a good chance he'd start

I can see where you're coming from but Hulk and Schurrle are in a similar mould whilst Jovetic isn't as explosive as either. I mean in my opinion Jovetic is more of a out and out centre forward than both - it is where his best position is at in my opinion. Either that or as a second striker, where we have Mata playing already. Hulk and Schurrle are more used to playing on the flanks. They're both wide players first whereas its the opposite with Jovetic.

I'm very sure he sees himself as a striker first and foremost too. That's why I would prefer signing Hulk or Schurrle especially if we get Cavani. It just makes more sense to me if we want a more balanced squad.

One thing that drags down Jovetic's stocks is his long injury list. He hasn't finished a full season of football for 3 seasons. The most serious injury to his knee kept him away for a full season in 2010/11. Other than that it is a miracle in itself how the Viola have managed to keep him in Florence for so long.

Untitled.png

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8766964/

Transfer news: Stevan Jovetic has options to consider ahead of Fiorentina exit

Stevan Jovetic has reiterated his desire to leave Fiorentina and claims to have several transfer options to consider.

Jovetic told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Last summer president Andrea Della Valle told me to stay one more year and that at the end of the season, which is now, I would be allowed to leave if I wanted to.

"I've been at Fiorentina since 2008, it has been five intense seasons. I'm young and ambitious and it is normal to want to test myself somewhere else. I don't see anything wrong with that.

"Fiorentina have allowed me to compete in Europe. Now I want to win in Europe. Fiorentina's request won't block a departure. There is a clause but they will help me."

On the clubs to have shown an interest in his services, Jovetic added: "Juventus have been trying to get me for over a year. They say they want me and that I am first on their list ahead of (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, (Carlos) Tevez and (Gonzalo) Higuain. Who wouldn't be flattered by that?

"I will also evaluate the Premier League, which is a fantastic championship, as well as La Liga. I have proposals from each of them so let's see what happens."

^ I never knew he'd suffered a cruciate injury. In that case, he's probably one serious injury from being totally crocked, á la Essien.

I wrote a reveiw on Jovetic a week back explaining how he isn't the same explosive player he was before the injury. He was insanely good before it. I saw him tear Inter a new one by himself. He was everywhere taking on class players like they were nothing

Now he has lost that explosive style.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You