Stevan Jovetic

the wes

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schürrle type of player really - not really a winger, but not really a striker either.

Jovetic is a great player if you play on a two strike system, like Manure or Shitty or even Milan. He would be the perfect replacement for Rooney and would do an awesome partnership with Balotelli...

However, I dont see him as a main striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation!

Jovetic is a great player if you play on a two strike system, like Manure or Shitty or even Milan. He would be the perfect replacement for Rooney and would do an awesome partnership with Balotelli...

However, I dont see him a a main striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation!

I think he can be converted to play behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. After all that is where Mata played for the last two months of the season (although it was more of a 4-4-1-1).

I think he can be converted to play behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. After all that is where Mata played for the last two months of the season (although it was more of a 4-4-1-1).

True, but I was more focused on Chelsea and the position we need is the striker and not another player to compete with Mata!

True, but I was more focused on Chelsea and the position we need is the striker and not another player to compete with Mata!

Very true. You don't pay 20-25m for a squad player. I think Jovetic is likely to stay in Italy, anyway.

I am worried about his scoring stats. Not very good stats for a 20+ millions striker in my opinion, despite his young age.

2011–12 => 29 app all competitions - 14 goals

2012–13 => 33 app all competitions - 12 goals

I am worried about his scoring stats. Not very good stats for a 20+ millions striker in my opinion, despite his young age.

2011–12 => 29 app all competitions - 14 goals

2012–13 => 33 app all competitions - 12 goals

True, and why he's more suited to a 2 striker formation. If we want a goal machine, we should just get Gomez :D

He's staying put unless a loser like Arsenal overspend for him and get Giroud 2.0.

Giroud will start to prove a lot of people wrong once his finishing clicks & is a bit luckier infront of goal. His all round game is excellent and is a massive outlet for Arsenal.

True, and why he's more suited to a 2 striker formation. If we want a goal machine, we should just get Gomez :D

So, you are in support of Gomez signing? I thought when you posted to compare Dzeko and Gomez in Dzeko thread, you are trying to make "flop" comparison. My bad then. :P

I don't mind Gomez though, sadly he looks like going to Napoli.

So, you are in support of Gomez signing? I thought when you posted to compare Dzeko and Gomez in Dzeko thread, you are trying to make "flop" comparison. My bad then. :P

I don't mind Gomez though, sadly he looks like going to Napoli.

Yeah, i said i would prefer Gomez to Dzeko. He is to me the best option available after Cavani, in terms of doing what a striker is actually supposed to do, and score goals.

Gomez would be awful. technically way to limitated to play alongside hazard and co. yes he can score goals, but nowadays a striker has more to have than just striking goals. thats why Mandzukic is playing for Bayern and not Gomez.

would either pay 30 m more and get Cavani...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You