Stevan Jovetic

the wes

this young guy stills isnt ready to play as a 1st striker here. the pressure at west brom and at chelsea is a HUGE difference. do you want to trust a 20-year old kid do lead our front-line?!

people are overreacting on Lukaku. he has played a good season, but he still has to prove himself in the Champions League etc etc.

Is the Champions League a real yard-stick now? What are you suggesting? Keep loaning him out till he's 24?

Very few are banking on Lukaku to lead the front-line. The general consensus is that he will be a better option than Ba or Torres

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this young guy stills isnt ready to play as a 1st striker here. the pressure at west brom and at chelsea is a HUGE difference. do you want to trust a 20-year old kid do lead our front-line?!

people are overreacting on Lukaku. he has played a good season, but he still has to prove himself in the Champions League etc etc.

Yep. It'd just be like Sturridge all over again. Promising loan spell, bring him back, only to find out he's not ready, then eventually selling him because we fucked up...

People seem to be f***in forgeting Jackson Martinez! A part from him Shaarawy, people like Pato, Aubameyang, and that we have Lukaku for Christ sake. He banged a hattrick on United, while coming on as a sub, and with ease, and people are still complaining why have we not signed a striker. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF JOSE MOURINHO IS COMING AND / OR WILL TORRES OR BA STAY HERE!

So you tell me the day in the next 20 years when the pressure at this club will be any less. You tell me when this man (he's a 20 year old man who is paid to play football professionally by the way) who loves this club will not be under pressure wearing the shirt.

This guy has shown a mental toughness that few players much older than him have and the fact that we're having this discussion in a thread about buying Steven Jovetic is absurd.

Is the Champions League a real yard-stick now? What are you suggesting? Keep loaning him out till he's 24?

Very few are banking on Lukaku to lead the front-line. The general consensus is that he will be a better option than Ba or Torres

he's 19 and will be 20. another year loaning him out wont be bad. also he already said in the interview that he wouldnt mind another year on loan. you are talking about him, like he IS already 23 or 24.

to your last sentence: so if you are saying, that he is better than Ba and Torres, and we wont buy a new striker and have lukaku, ba, torres: than he WILL lead the front-line according to your statement...

@the only place to be the pressure will be the less, when we have a top striker in front of him, and he can develop with patience. he aint ready yet, dont know how anybody can argue this. he has played a good season under completely different circumstances than he would have at chelsea. he is a great guy, with huge potential, but he aint ready to be Striker No 1 here. woulndt have a problem having him as a 2nd option, but first option? hell, no .also people forget, that he mostly played 1 game in week...we played 2 games in a week for months. thats also a big difference.

to the United argument: he scored against a United, which wasnt fully concentraed. season was already over. still a great achievement, but it aint like he scored against a fully conenctrated United who are fighting for the title.

he's 19 and will be 20. another year loaning him out wont be bad. also he already said in the interview that he wouldnt mind another year on loan. you are talking about him, like he IS already 23 or 24.

to your last sentence: so if you are saying, that he is better than Ba and Torres, and we wont buy a new striker and have lukaku, ba, torres: than he WILL lead the front-line according to your statement...

Hang on a minute. I think we arguing parallels here. You say that Lukaku isn't dependable enough to lead the line and I agree with that.

But I also think that he should be kept at Chelsea. He is ahead of Ba and Torres, so even if we sign or do not sign a new striker, he should be retained

he's 19 and will be 20.

Close. He's 20 and he will be.....anyone.....21. From that point on who knows. Maybe you're confusing him with Varane, that great defender we should definitely buy except he's 20 as well now.

He played well in the Champions League for Real Madrid, but probably needs a loan season at Swansea first before we know for certain.

you are talking about him, like he IS already 23 or 24.

When he can be the same age as Jovetic and hopefully score less goals than he did this season - that's the dream right there.

@the only place to be the pressure will be the less, when we have a top striker in front of him, and he can develop with patience. he aint ready yet, dont know how anybody can argue this. he has played a good season under completely different circumstances than he would have at chelsea. he is a great guy, with huge potential, but he aint ready to be Striker No 1 here. woulndt have a problem having him as a 2nd option, but first option? hell, no .also people forget, that he mostly played 1 game in week...we played 2 games in a week for months. thats also a big difference.

Oh, so he's going to be that young footballer who develops at a top club with patience. I wondered who would be the lucky kid. :rolleyes:

Look mate, I'm not going to agree with you simply because I've watched this man play all season and think he's ready to be part of our squad. I think he has a level of maturity that makes referring to his age alone SIMPLY FUCKING STUPID. I think we will get another striker and I hope it's Rooney because that allows for the development of Lukaku best in my opinion.

But he's a 20 year old man who gets paid to play football and he has a mentality that doesn't come with age. Players either have it or they don't. The sooner people realise that, the better.

dont get what the paid for football argument should suggest? every footballer gets paid for football. torres gets paid for it extremely good and plays extremely bad.

and also by saying that we should get rooney and let lukake develop in patience, you agree with my point.

of course Age isnt everything but it is very imporatnt, especially if you are playing for a top club. my point is: a top striker ahead of lukaku, would take a lot of pressure of his shoulder. if we play with ba, torres, lukaku people would expect way more from lukaku than with a top striker. and i dont know if he is capable of holding this pressure. at his 1st year, he wasnt.

the jovetic-lukaku comparison i dont get it. there are a lot of players who developed good in loans and getting back stronger. also jovetic isnt fiorentinas main striker and they completely different like West Brom do

In fairness, the Napoli guy came out and confirmed contact with City. Falcao to Monaco too seems imminent. Rooney to Chelsea was unrealistic anyway

Only Lewandowski left probably from the elite striker options and Bayern fans think he's coming to Munich.

This could mean one of the 3 things

1. Board has decided Lukaku will lead the attack and there is no need for a striker Or 2. Board is waiting for manager. this has caused delay/confusion Or 3. Board has no clue whatsoever

- A betting man would bet on #3

I am not saying that these transfer may not happen. It might but unless it's official, i won't believe it especially when you have shady owners of Napoli and Monaco etc. I am certain if we are looking to buy a player, we will buy him. May b once we announce our manager is Jose Mourinho, which player wouldn't want to work with him. I am betting on your second point. The pull of Jose will be enough for many players which will include Cavani or Lewandoski.

People underrate Gomez because he's shit.

What an absolutely terrible post. How many player can do what Gomez does? His goal scoring record is not an accident. Hes versatile, dynamic, and gets the job done while putting up great stats.

What is with this shit of hating on Gomez? Do people do it just because its popular? He has proven himself to be elite on absolutely every level.

What, wait for the ball to his his shin/ass/face and go in? Pretty sure I could build a scarecrow who does the same amount as Gomez.

Your posts are worse in each thread.

I guess his goal scoring record in Germany is a mistake. I guess 24 goals in 25 starts in the CL as of recent is a mistake. Yeah, they all just bounced in off his shin or ass.

Watch the games so you can contribute something valuable to these forums.

Your misguided and deluded superiority complex and opinions are worse in every post.

Judging by your one-line posts, you seem more misinformed and ignorant than he does. At least Thor elaborates his posts with facts.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You