Edin Dzeko

Milan

For the amount of money being quoted, I would much rather sign Dzeko than Cavani.

dont see city selling dzeko to us..why should they?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really agree, I do think Džeko is much more all round than those two.

Ba is a decent striker, kind of old fashioned one: wins headers, lays back and shots when he's a half decent opportunity, with the ability to produce the odd piece of raw talent

Lukaku is clearly a finisher, likes to run into depth. His favourite move is to lay back a short pass then running behind the defenders, he made his reputation on that move, he scored most of his goals on this kind of situation since his days in Belgium. (remember his chance at Goodison Park in League Cup with AVB)

I haven't been able to watch Lukaku as much as I would in recent weeks but until the new year I've been left unimpressed by some aspects of his play such as his predictable movement, lack of dominance in the air (poor timing/technique - despite having scored several goals with his head). He's been a great supersub, he's been really efficient when coming on but I still have too much doubts about him starting games at Chelsea, even fringe ones.

Afterall that's normal, he's 19

Basically I'd say Ba moves to challenge the ball, Lukaku moves in order to receive it.

Džeko's movements are well above that considering that athletically he's already faster/stronger than his usual opponent. He's clever enough to move to create space, especially when his team is lacking penetrating options because the opponent is well positioned behind the ball in instance.

Have a look again on Marseille's little prince's goal against Tottenham in 2011, most fuss was made about Silva's delivery but that's Džeko who releases a fantastic path by carrying Dawson out of the defence like a puppet

And he know how to be at the right place at the right time, he's very mobile (not quick but his frame, amplitude makes him fast) and his frame helps him to be in good conditions to be where the ball is about to be played (on crosses, etc)

Agüero appears less comfortable when he's not any Tevez to adapt to his movements (Tevez is like Rooney, he plays depending the way his partner does), no Džeko to keep defenders busy ; and no Silva to get him proper deliveries through space (basically the story of the season with an out of form David Silva).

Džeko got smashed by fans, pundits... still he managed to have an impressive enough scoring rate (Mancini was behaving like a s o b with him) and often made life easier for City's attackers around him

Whoa dude chill :D I haven't said they are identical players, just saying they are strong big lads playing nice with their head. Want to tell me 3 I mentioned ain't strong or good in the air?

To be fair I do think Lukaku is still a bit weak, I don't feel he's as powerful as his frame would tend us to think... That's normal, he's young. But he's rather the pacy mould than the powerful one. Džeko is much more that kind of powerful striker, the guy who'll keep his balance even when the defenders clearly challenges the man rather than the ball.

Lukaku is quite poor in the air as well, considering his height. Has a lot of work to do on his timing, accuracy etc...

I do agree about Lukaku, he still has work to do with his head technique, but he is still a powerful presence in the box even now.

If we buy Dzeko we'd pretty much be funding their Cavani purchase so for that case, I don't think this will happen.

In an other world maybe this would have happened, because Dzeko is the type of striker you need for a title race because he seems to score those crucial goals against the lower teams.

If we buy Dzeko we'd pretty much be funding their Cavani purchase so for that case, I don't think this will happen.

I really don't get this argument.

City have already spent cca. 60 million and its only 9th of June. If they want Cavani they will spend another 60M and buy him. Money is definitely not an issue for them.

On the other hand, what has Cavani done in Italy better than Dzeko already did in Germany ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Signing Dzeko and Toure for next season would be a brilliant move I feel. Two winners, top proven players, giving us more depth and quality while weakening a potential title challenger. Why not?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You