Enzo Maresca Thread

Posted (edited)

No interview, presentation or anything to say apparently he is somewhere in Clownlake asylum  learning how to play 443 .

Edited by milka

28 minutes ago, milka said:

No interview, presentation or anything to say apparently he is somewhere in Clownlake asylum  learning how to play 443 .

I don't care as long as he's working on tactical setups, training drills and convincing Calafiori to join. 

That is true, we need to improve on the tactics because at time with Poch we seem all over the place. 

Even though we improve at the end and because of that I think Maresca will benefit. Just need to push us to the next level this season. Should not regress. 

It definitely is super weird that we haven’t seen or heard anything from him since his appointment. No press conference, no in-house presentation, no pictures of him around Cobham. Nothing. I’d just like to hear from him and have him describe what his ideas are for certain players.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It definitely is super weird that we haven’t seen or heard anything from him since his appointment. No press conference, no in-house presentation, no pictures of him around Cobham. Nothing. I’d just like to hear from him and have him describe what his ideas are for certain players.

We were already into the summer when he was appointed. If reports are true, meetings and agreements took place in Spain where I assume he's spending the summer.

I assume he's at Cobham this week putting plans in place ready for when players start returning over the coming days, and in this time he'll do media duties for the club. Would expect to see something end of the week or over the weekend and then the club will start spamming social media next week with players returning and training.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Club have released a small snippet video to the socials, so he is still alive

Wonder why the wait? Only thing I can think of is he has said let me get what I need to get done put in place and a plan drawn up before any media bullshit, also the full interview has now been released on Chelsea twitter page.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

New Chelsea head coach Enzo Maresca wants to introduce ‘right mentality and culture’

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5623311/2024/07/08/enzo-maresca-Chelsea-first-interview/

Enzo_Maresca_-_SB_dressing_room.jpg

Enzo Maresca says his priority is to create the “right mentality and culture” as he begins his stint as Chelsea head coach.

Maresca, 44, joined Chelsea from Leicester City in June. He signed a five-year deal which includes a club-held option to extend by 12 months.

The Italian replaced Mauricio Pochettino, whose relationship with the Stamford Bridge fanbase was often fraught during his single season at the helm.

Speaking in his first official interview as Chelsea head coach, Maresca said he was focused on “creating a connection between the fans and the club”.

“When you join a club you try to analyse what the club and team needs to improve and do the right things,” Maresca said.

“For me, it’s clear we need to create as soon as possible the right mentality and culture, a culture that the fans can be proud of. This is very important.

“We are going to try to be an aggressive team on the ball and off the ball and we need to create this connection between the fans and the club, especially at home.

‘When you have your own fans behind the team pushing, it’s like playing with 12 players and this is what we have to create here.”

Maresca will become the seventh Italian coach to take charge of Chelsea in the Premier League era after Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri, Carlo Ancelotti, Maurizio Sarri, Roberto Di Matteo and Antonio Conte.

The former Manchester City development squad manager said Chelsea’s rich history of Italian coaches was “one of the reasons” he decided to accept a move to south west London.

“I’m very proud to be an Italian manager here again,” said. “Probably there is something between Chelsea as a club, as a family, and Italian people that works well!”

He added: “I consider Chelsea one of the biggest clubs in the world so I will feel very proud of it.”

Maresca — the fourth permanent head coach in the space of two years — also asked fans to “trust the process” after a disappointing start to the Clearlake Capital-Todd Boehly ownership.

“Just trust the process, trust the idea, be behind the team,” he said.

“For sure we are going to enjoy the journey. Like at every club, for every manager, it will not be easy because nothing is easy. But for sure we are going to enjoy our journey.”

His first competitive match in charge of Chelsea will be on August 18 in the club’s season opener against defending champions Man City.