Arsenal 5-0 Chelsea

5 minutes ago, Chuckso said:

Nonsense.

The first half our players played better than Arsenal and showed their quality.

We were let down by the first two goals that showed Poch is not organizing the team AT ALL. It was heads down from us and confidence up with Arsenal from there. It has mostly been our defense letting us down with a lack of organization and pressing as well as second half malaises. ALL DOWN TO POCH!!

Nonsense. There is no excuse for these players to play like shit... none.
Replace the manager and all is solved. Wish football was that easy.

We should prob start recruiting in the lower leagues and spend more on the manager given that that's all that matters.

Edited by robsblubot

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How about glass is half full look?

They can do this and see progress compared to last season. 

EFL Cup: 

3rd round --> final

FA Cup:

3rd round --> semi final 

Premier League:

44 points --> 47 points with 6 games in hand. 

38 goals vs 61 scored already. 

There's gonna be also improvement on table 3,4,5 positions. 

Poch can show this stats and say I'm doing great and promise another improvement next season. Maybe Cup title and top5?

Plus there is a injuries excuse which is pretty valid. 

Our expected back 4: Chilwell, Colwill, Fofana, James. Noone was available for majority of season. Never played together. Missing part in MF Lavia also out full season. And same with Nkunku in attack. 

No point getting to the Final/Semi Final of domestic cups if you're going to put rubbish performances like that and not win the trophy. 

Liverpool were there for the taking and there was enough there to trouble City as well. 

Progress isn't measured by scoring more goals or getting to cup finals, it's about whether the team has progressed and developed over the course of the season and as of right now, there's only 2 first team players that have actually developed under Poch, Palmer & Gusto.    Caicedo was better at Brighton, Enzo didn't look this bad at Benfica, Gallagher will still run around like a mad man regardless of the manager and Jackson is just bang average, his Spanish club must be delighted that they got 30+ million for a raw player like him. 

13 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Nonsense. There is no excuse for these players to play like shit... none.
Replace the manager and all is solved. Wish football was that easy.

We should prob start recruiting in the lower leagues and spend more on the manager given that that's all that matters.

I would be very interested with the excuses you would come up with if they do get a proper manager, hopefully next season, and the about-turn you would make on most of these players you are ever slating while ever deflecting from Poch’s mismanagement.

Here is a clue… we got rid of many players last season who miraculously have started playing to a standard we never saw from them while they were here. Maybe it’s the pitch at their new clubs making the difference. 

Edited by Chuckso

4 minutes ago, Chuckso said:

I would be very interested with the excuses you would come up with if they do get a proper manager, hopefully next season, and the about-turn you would make on most of these players you are ever slating while ever deflecting from Poch’s mismanagement.

There is no chance of that happening because the club already noticed that some of these players are WAY below the quality required at this level. It's not going to be the same squad. Wanna bet?

I don't give a shit about Poch. Don't think he's a great manager either, but it's naive to think it's all down to him. I can't think of any more clear cut chances than the ones Jackson has been missing, for example. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by robsblubot

11 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

No point getting to the Final/Semi Final of domestic cups if you're going to put rubbish performances like that and not win the trophy. 

Liverpool were there for the taking and there was enough there to trouble City as well 

And he would won both games if not let down by attackers. 

17 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

There is no chance of that happening because the club already noticed that some of these players are WAY below the quality required at this level. It's not going to be the same squad. Wanna bet?

I don't give a shit about Poch. Don't think he's a great manager either, but it's naive to think it's all down to him. I can't think of any more clear cut chances than the ones Jackson has been missing, for example. 🤷‍♂️

I give you data points supporting my arguments while you give me largely data / fact free opinion. 

Odegaard created 8 chances tonight. 8. Alone. What the fuck were our midfielders doing? Nobody even tried to get close to him at all.

Edited by OneMoSalah

6 minutes ago, Chuckso said:

I give you data points supporting my arguments while you give me largely data / fact free opinion. 

Yes, I know your opinion is factual and mine is just an opinion. 🙄

6 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

Next season will be our last chance to save our top club name. 3 seasons in a row will be our dead sentence. We will need at least 5 good ones to recover…

As much as I detest Clownlake's methods, and even if our transfer budget is limited to comply with the league's spending rules, they have one chance this coming window to make a few smart experienced signings to really shake up things on the pitch. 

This stupid experiment of developing a squad with 90% under-25 players has to stop.

6 hours ago, LAM09 said:

If Poch isn't sacked by the morning, this board might as well sell us. How much more do they actually have to see?!

They won't. No money left. 

5 hours ago, lucio said:

Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart: 

“Mauricio’s experience, standards of excellence, leadership qualities and character will serve Chelsea Football Club well as we move forward.” 

“He is a winning coach, who has worked at the highest levels, in multiple leagues and languages” 

“His ethos, tactical approach and commitment to development all made him the exceptional candidate”

Eghbali:  “We thought Chelsea [was] frankly an asset, a business that was not terribly well managed on the football side, sporting side or promotional ...

4 hours ago, Chuckso said:

Here is a clue… we got rid of many players last season who miraculously have started playing to a standard we never saw from them while they were here. Maybe it’s the pitch at their new clubs making the difference. 

Those players performed well under Tuchel here.

It's simple.

We had a decent manager and a decent team.

Clownlake comes along.

Gets rid of the decent manager. Brings in a couple of novices. Ruins the team standings.

Next season gets rid of the team.

Now we have a mediocre manager (still better than Potter, though.), and a clueless squad of individuals 

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

Those players performed well under Tuchel here.

It's simple.

We had a decent manager and a decent team.

Clownlake comes along.

Gets rid of the decent manager. Brings in a couple of novices. Ruins the team standings.

Next season gets rid of the team.

Now we have a mediocre manager (still better than Potter, though.), and a clueless squad of individuals 

pretty good summary. 

It's really difficult to establish causality in football, because of the number of variables involved and the fact that everything is changing all the time (form, mood, confidence, the players, the opposition and their strategies).
Agreed, some of these players who left played extremely well under Tuchel, but the last memory is the one that sticks. Heh, I did not think Kai was particularly impressive (aside from his aerial game) today until our players gave up at which point it was just too easy for him and others.

I do think Poch is a bit too much of a yes-man and likely not going to be strong enough to demand the changes the squad needs for next season, so yeah he probably needs to go unless it is to bring a third yes-man in, which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Maybe next season Lavia, Carney, and Nkunku remain healthy and fit for the entire season, which will help the next manager (and make him look like a genius), or maybe they won't. Or, maybe they are also not all that great -- after all we hardly saw them on the pitch this season.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

I do think Poch is a bit too much of a yes-man and likely not going to be strong enough to demand the changes the squad needs for next season, so yeah he probably needs to go unless it is to bring a third yes-man in, which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I am 100% sure that if Poch leaves, we will just get another yes-man and the project will continue. They just went too far with it and can't come back. Look at how much it was spent. The money is gone, no way we can afford another rebuild. 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

At least Arsenal can now concentrate on their annual rendition of narrowly missing out on the title 

Hmmm...if City win their games. Only a one point gap.

They have the bigger goal difference out the lot so thats a huge advantage still not convinced yet. In City hand but they're a bit iffy at times. Arsenal haven't exactly been set back from going out last week. Not convinced 

5-0 🤣🤣 seriously...

Oh well...

Edited by Laylabelle